What's new

Electrical Wiring Necessities

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
OK so I'm building my 1968 F100 and when getting ready to wire I'm wanting to make sure I don't miss anything or not have something mounted to wire. Going to run a switch pros 12 switch panel. If you can think of anything more that I missed post away and I'll add it to my list. Thanks.

2 Radiator Fans, Spal 16” 2148cfm total

2 Walbro 255LPH fuel pumps in tank Around 11 amp each at 60psi

CBR Oil Cooler with Spal 12” Fan

Triton Transmission cooler with dual Spal 12” Fans

Air-Water intercooler radiator pump w/Fan 10” Fan and Bosch Cobra Water Pump

Dash w/Intellitronix gauges and USB outlets for charging phone/tablet and GPS antenna

2 Batteries with switch

Restomod Air Conditioning

*Switchpro’s *

35Amp Circuits

Radiator Fan Driver

Radiator Fan Passenger

Fuel Pumps

Trans Cooler

Roof Lights

Front Lights

20 Amp Circuits

Oil Cooler

Intercooler Pump and Fan

ECM Power On w/dash on

Mirror Lights

Amber Lights

Fuse panel

Relay for headlights

Tail/brake lights

Turn Signals

Reverse Lights

Cigarette Lighter Outlet

Holley ECM

Rugged Radio

Rugged Intercom

are you use the stock column and dash?

are you planning on running both pumps at the same time or an either or shituation?

This is the truck I am going to have wired.

I wouldn't use 1 35amp circuit for both pumps, rather one circuit for each. You want to be able to isolate them individually if/when they fail/short.

Same for intercooler pump and fan.

I would use a dedicated output for the USB charging plugs / cig lighter.

You're missing an Alt exciter circuit and the power for the HVAC blower

I see you put 6 outputs in the 35amp category, but the RCR Force12 only has 4 35amp outputs and 1 30amp output which has 2 15amp wires.

Also, there are no 20amp outputs. They are 15 amp.

I'll update if I think about something else.

OK I have added the interior dome and underhood lights as well on this list.
Also the switch pro's says it has
  • 4 rated @ 35A and 1 rated @ 30A (High In-Rush circuits)
  • 11 rated @ 15A, which can be combined for larger loads
Split the pumps and intercooler items into separate buttons as well. Will actually add a second switch pro's 8 switch SP9100 to the truck to be able to control everything off of those instead of separate switches with dedicated fuse or relay's

2 Radiator Fans, Spal 16” 2148cfm total

2 Walbro 255LPH fuel pumps in tank Around 11 amp each at 60psi

CBR Oil Cooler with Spal 12” Fan

Triton Transmission cooler with dual Spal 12” Fans

Air-Water intercooler radiator pump w/Fan 10” Fan and Bosch Cobra Water Pump

Dash w/Intellitronix gauges and USB outlets for charging phone/tablet and GPS antenna

2 Batteries with selector on/off switch and manual reset circuit breakers in line

Restomod Air Conditioning

Holley HP ECM with MAC valve boost controller and Flex Fuel Sensor.

*Switchpro’s *

35 Amp Circuits

Radiator Fan Driver

Radiator Fan Passenger

Trans Cooler Fan’s

Roof Light Bar

30 Amp Circuit

Front Light Bars

15 Amp Circuits

Fuel Pump #1

Fuel Pump #2

Oil Cooler Fan

Intercooler Pump

Intercooler Fan

ECM Power On w/dash on

Interior Dome Lights

Underhood Lights

Starter Button

Mirror Lights

Amber Lights

Headlights

USB Outlets for GPS tablet/Antenna

Fuse panel

Tail/brake lights

Turn Signals, I have an ididit Column with

Reverse Lights

Rugged Radio

Rugged Intercom

Last edited:
Anyone have a good source for Deutsch plugs and necessary accessories. Wanting to run them on the truck since much better and smaller than weatherpack

Does anyone know of a small ATO/ATC Fuse panel that has a single plug off of it besides the power feed wire to it? I've seen some that are for multiple circuits like an entire vehicle and I could wire up all the terminals to a single plug but would be nice to have them all built into the housing with a larger plug on it. Like this but without the relays and not so expensive.

Does anyone know of a small ATO/ATC Fuse panel that has a single plug off of it besides the power feed wire to it? I've seen some that are for multiple circuits like an entire vehicle and I could wire up all the terminals to a single plug but would be nice to have them all built into the housing with a larger plug on it. Like this but without the relays and not so expensive.

im curious what you are trying to accomplish?

I would just want to have fuses for the tail lights, brake lights,reverse lights and turn signals.
what are you using for engine management/wiring?

seems likes a stock gm harness or one of the many LS swap setups from amazon would do the trick.

I am using the Holley HP ECM and LS harness.

Now I've read switchpro's FAQ and they say when running items like radiator fans to still run a relay, does anyone have any experience with that? I was under the impression that running a switch pro's eliminates the need for relays and such.

looks like you are good, the FAQ maybe referring to the 9100.
The power module has 17 outputs, Outputs 1 – 4 are rated at 35A, Output 9 is rated at 30A, and Outputs 5 – 8 and Outputs 10 – 16 are rated at 15A. Outputs 1 – 4 and Output 9 are rated for high inrush current, so fans and motors can be connected directly. They can also drive resistive loads like LED light bars. Output 17 is a Low Side Switch. It can switch a load to ground, up to 2A.LED. The power module has 5 inputs, one Ignition sense, one Lights sense and 3 external trigger inputs. The 3 Trigger inputs can be configured to sense active high or active low inputs. Both trigger inputs can switch on up to 4 outputs

id be looking for a simple hotrod chassis harness because then you get the flasher for the signals.

OK i got a turn signal flasher wiring that came with my ididit column plug and such. I'm basically wiring the truck from scratch, only thing I have in there existing wiring if the windshield wiper motor with plug but have nothing else as far as wiring going

OK i got a turn signal flasher wiring that came with my ididit column plug and such. I'm basically wiring the truck from scratch, only thing I have in there existing wiring if the windshield wiper motor with plug but have nothing else as far as wiring going

gotcha, amazon has as slew of harnesses like the one above, if you want to get fancy you could go painess or something from summit/jegs.

you could always pull something from the JY, but i doubt it would be worth the time.

i would have something like this going out the front and back of the truck, so you can just pull the plug and entire harness with it, especially the motor.

I've heard of people using the strobe burst functions on switch pros for turn signals as well, but I got the standard flasher stuff already wired up to the column plug that I'm going to use.

I've heard of people using the strobe burst functions on switch pros for turn signals as well, but I got the standard flasher stuff already wired up to the column plug that I'm going to use.
I do that fairly often.

Be carefull that wiring a wiper motor isn't as simple as hooking up power and ground if you want to retain the different speeds.

For your fuse box connector dealio, you could use a HD30 plug as presented above or a mil-spec one or plenty of other solutions. But making the fuse box removable doesn't make any sense to me.

I would just want to have fuses for the tail lights, brake lights,reverse lights and turn signals.

Just use one of the switchpros output for your lights that come on with the IGN on, and tap them together. One one hand I wouldn't tap the fuel pumps and fans etc together, on the other hand, I wouldn't care about some LED lights that draw very little amps at a time.

Last edited:
OK so I'm looking to get some Deutsch connectors for my cooling fans. Going to need 7 2 pin connectors for all of those. Now on all my searching they seem to be on backorder everywhere. Any comparable plugs that are in stock and where to get them? Thanks.

What about something like this for the chassis side?

OK so I'm looking to get some Deutsch connectors for my cooling fans. Going to need 7 2 pin connectors for all of those. Now on all my searching they seem to be on backorder everywhere. Any comparable plugs that are in stock and where to get them? Thanks.

What about something like this for the chassis side?

This would be good BUT i am running almost no stock wiring on the truck and going with 2 switch pro's for the accessories and everything. Just looking to get some good connectors and will get some wire from prowireusa

Top Back Refresh