What's new

Electrical gurus please step in

Thumping

Member Number
I have a new Kaw Teryx4 and damn its hot inside. So I'm adding some cool-it insulation to the inside of the console but I'm also adding a blower/fan and using some pvc to direct airflow through the tunnel.

My question: this is the blower/fan I'm going to be using. It says it draws 2.5 amps. So, would a 3 to 5 amp in-line fuse be sufficient or would you run it through a relay?

I have a new Kaw Teryx4 and damn its hot inside. So I'm adding some cool-it insulation to the inside of the console but I'm also adding a blower/fan and using some pvc to direct airflow through the tunnel.

My question: this is the blower/fan I'm going to be using. It says it draws 2.5 amps. So, would a 3 to 5 amp in-line fuse be sufficient or would you run it through a relay?

I would relay and inline fuse it, just to be safe. Or set up a fuse block under the hood for quick hook up.

Fuse the wire not the device.
1652118312599.png

Last edited:

No need for a relay at 5 amps.
Fuse this thing as close to the battery as possible.

Top Back Refresh