What's new

Electric Land Cruiser 80 Series

Curious as to your motivation for building this. Are you in the business somehow or trying to start your own business doing conversions? It's certainly the wave of the future, like it or not.

I'd never charge it with a generator unless it was something unexpected. It can be charged by simply towing it with the regen being set to the highest so I'll probably never wheel it alone or outside walking distance from my LX unless I have a solid plan.

Curious as to your motivation for building this. Are you in the business somehow or trying to start your own business doing conversions? It's certainly the wave of the future, like it or not.
Yes I started a business but haven't made any money yet. I'm figuring out what EV conversions are about right now. In recent years CO has changed the emissions laws a bunch. I love tuning cars and engines and stuff but it's becoming really hard if not impossible. With EV conversions you basically have no rules. It's not going to save the planet or anything like that but EV conversions could be a really cool way to keep older cars on the road.

I got my new driveline installed in the truck and have been chasing a problem with charging. It wouldn't charge at all. I was able to swap some parts and got it working luckily.

I drove it a bunch today and did a 0-60 test. It was able to do 0-60 in 14.5 seconds! That's not too shabby and not far off from a stock brand new 1996 Land Cruiser. I bet some of you guys have trucks slower than that lol!

New top speed 64 mph :D

Battery was around 75F so theoretically it may be faster if the battery was a little bit warmer. Either way this is an excellent result because a stock 1996 Land Cruiser does 0-60 in about 12 seconds and that's with small tires and at sea level etc. I'm really happy with that! Will be a good benchmark for the 160kw inverter upgrade also.

So now I can finally tell people when they ask if it's faster or slower than stock.

36HW4ey.jpg

B25Qd6v.jpg

hBilvBP.png

Prepping the truck for 2023 adventures! I'm going to be doing several events and car shows etc this year taking the EV80 all over the country.

This weekend I will be going to Lafayette Cars & Coffee tomorrow and Old Gang Ice Racing Fun Day on Georgetown Lake on Sunday. I'm doing the Rising Sun Snow Run the following week. And in March I am taking the EV80 to Matt's Offroad Adventures Wrecker Olympics in Hurricane, UT! Cruise Moab and possibly Lone Star Roundup as well. And that's just the start, it should be just as busy all year!

Last week I got the truck inspected and registered as an EV in the state of Colorado! Now I am legally allowed to park at EV charging stations and exempt from emissions testing!

5BKTAF1.jpg

xJgAfvK.jpg

B4rIZC4.jpg

This cool, and the tech is good, but if you’re starting a business you may want to reconsider how much you share.

I'm always going to stick with and ICE for my vehicles but this is pretty cool and the R&D that goes into this is impressive, thanks for sharing.

Been doing some fun stuff with the EV80. Ice racing, club snow run, and cars & coffee! Got my CDL wired up finally also

SBjjIA4.jpg

MmjQXcC.jpg

Cn8p7Bt.jpg

es4c14v.jpg

kLF0wth.jpg

Y3pBCoX.jpg

cLFKp9H.jpg

I'm packing up and getting ready to head to southern Utah for the Offroad Wrecker Games at Sand Hollow. So excited to get the EV80 out on the sand and rocks. It looks like such a gnarly, awesome place. Tons and tons of obstacles close by the highway which is great for EV! I've never been there before. I plan on watching the wrecker games and meeting the gang and everything but also I want to do some wheeling! Any other Toyota guys going who wants to run some trails?

I will be at Ohm on the Range's State of Charge '23 again this year! There are still spots open for the conference as well as Legacy EV hands-on training. Or come out on Saturday for the "La Vida Volta" EV car show expo which is FREE and open to the public!

Check out the website soc23.com

There are going to be some amazing EV conversions including TWO DeLorean conversions, the amazing EV Supercar, a '65 Shelby Cobra (replica) and of course my EVSwap Land Cruiser!

Public EV car show will be on Saturday the 5th at 3-7pm at Golden High School, Golden, CO.

Photo from last year's event:
1Ca6mcc.jpg

Check out my video from the Offroad Wrecker Games earlier this year! Sand Hollow is such an amazing place and the EVSwap Land Cruiser drives so nice offroad!

Back in July I went with the Rising Sun Club, Stay the Trail, and the National Forest Rangers to open a gate for Kingston Peak Trail for the season. I drove the EV Land Cruiser up above 12,000ft elevation and below 18% battery! It was a nail biter! Check out the video:

The FINAL episode of the EV Land Cruiser build is now out: Building the high voltage battery pack!

While I find your build to be quite good and interesting, it's getting tiresome to see the same content cross posted in two threads. Pick one and stick with it, have them merged, or at least post different content between the two.

Top Back Refresh