What's new

EGR and DPF delete for 2022+ ecodiesel

Come on guys. I wanted to know what he was towing with the jeep. It’s usually the jeep that’s being towing:lmao:.

Also wanted to know which jeep it was.

Fuck, I was going to post this as a joke, but I guess they exist :homer:

Come on guys. I wanted to know what he was towing with the jeep. It’s usually the jeep that’s being towing:lmao:.

Also wanted to know which jeep it was.
I don't believe he would have ever posted up what Jeep it was, he obviously wanted you to guess... :lmao:

I think I've heard the Jeep ecodiesel does get pretty hot, even with a minor load.

I believe the theory is because the hoods are so sealed for water fording stats and dust intake protection, it makes it hard to get the heat out and the thing just cooks itself in a vicious cycle. Hot motor makes hot air intake, hot air intake makes hotter motor, hotter motor makes hotter air intake etc

Also isn’t the delete club have a rule you don’t delete until it’s out of warranty. Run it and if it pops let the manufacturer fix the bitch?

At work, we've all but gave up on warranty. The lost opportunity cost when a truck sits at the dealer for 6-8 weeks is far more than the price of repairs

The newer stuff doesn't seem to have much issues with emissions stuff so much as just covid build quality issues.

My boss loves duramaxs. Has bought a new one about every 3 years probably since they came out. He's deleted egrs and dpfs all the way up to the 15, but his 18 never had an issue so he just left it.

Out of the 6 19-22 6.7 F550s, I don't think any have had emissions issues.

I think I've heard the Jeep ecodiesel does get pretty hot, even with a minor load.

I believe the theory is because the hoods are so sealed for water fording stats and dust intake protection, it makes it hard to get the heat out and the thing just cooks itself in a vicious cycle. Hot motor makes hot air intake, hot air intake makes hotter motor, hotter motor makes hotter air intake etc

The one guy I talked to with a ram eco diesel said it got hot with minor loads. No idea if it's the same engine?

I did see a you tube guy talking about how the JL eco diesel air box is super small and plugs up super quick.

I don't think these small diesels were meant for towing at all, I'd think you'd be better off with the regular 3.6.

At work, we've all but gave up on warranty. The lost opportunity cost when a truck sits at the dealer for 6-8 weeks is far more than the price of repairs

The newer stuff doesn't seem to have much issues with emissions stuff so much as just covid build quality issues.

My boss loves duramaxs. Has bought a new one about every 3 years probably since they came out. He's deleted egrs and dpfs all the way up to the 15, but his 18 never had an issue so he just left it.

Out of the 6 19-22 6.7 F550s, I don't think any have had emissions issues.
That's good to hear on the 6.7's... I've had two, but I don't think I'd keep my current 21 past the 100k warranty. The motors are impressive in design, but so god damn fucking complex and jam packed in there.

The warranty is nice on the pocket, but exactly like you said I dread making the call because I just loose my truck for a week and the hassle.

I've had two LB7's and an LBZ, which I would gladly own again, but I'm not a fan of the GM quality past 06/07 Classic

I think this year I'll trade the 21 6.7 F250 for a used 22 Ram 3500 and keep that for a long time. At least once that thing is past warranty, I won't dread doing any sort of replacement or maintenance on it like my current Ford

That's good to hear on the 6.7's... I've had two, but I don't think I'd keep my current 21 past the 100k warranty. The motors are impressive in design, but so god damn fucking complex and jam packed in there.

The warranty is nice on the pocket, but exactly like you said I dread making the call because I just loose my truck for a week and the hassle.

I didn't say they were problem free, just not emissions related :flipoff2:

A week is reasonable, but 6-8+ weeks is ridiculous.

I've had two LB7's and an LBZ, which I would gladly own again, but I'm not a fan of the GM quality past 06/07 Classic

The 18 chevy interior feels more worn out than my 97 F350 :homer: never mind the 15 or 12.

I think this year I'll trade the 21 6.7 F250 for a used 22 Ram 3500 and keep that for a long time. At least once that thing is past warranty, I won't dread doing any sort of replacement or maintenance on it like my current Ford

I don't follow your logic. Just because it's an inline 6, doesn't make it a less complex truck imo. Yes, popping the hood and physically working on it may be easier. But all the sensors, body modules, and other bullshit is about the same. The only thing the ram currently has imo is they ditched the cp4.

I didn't say they were problem free, just not emissions related :flipoff2:

A week is reasonable, but 6-8+ weeks is ridiculous.

The 18 chevy interior feels more worn out than my 97 F350 :homer: never mind the 15 or 12.

I don't follow your logic. Just because it's an inline 6, doesn't make it a less complex truck imo. Yes, popping the hood and physically working on it may be easier. But all the sensors, body modules, and other bullshit is about the same. The only thing the ram currently has imo is they ditched the cp4.
GM fell really behind after the bankruptcy.

I guess my logic is that it feels more accessible in the Cummins / Ram layout than it does on my Fords. I’m not saying it’s easy, just easier compared. I’ve done CP3 injectors valve lashing etc etc on LB7s, so I wouldn’t be afraid of tackling the work… but when I look at the Ford I just roll my eyes and seriously contemplate paying someone else. I have a S&S disaster prevention kit sitting on the shelf uninstalled for that reason.

Yes there’s the same level of sensors because of emissions, but the Cummins has half the amount of cooling systems, half the cylinder heads, half the down pipes, half the intakes, etc etc.

I looked into deleting my new Ram CTD. Seems the .gov came down on all the companies selling the parts. Then I looked into emissions intact deleting through tuning. Apparently the '22's have a locked ECU, so that's out too. I can't even find a tuner for one.

I just gave up and drive the damn thing

OP seems to have a big chip on his shoulder right out of the gate. That will never end well here. This place fucking rains chips. :lmao:

GM fell really behind after the bankruptcy.

I guess my logic is that it feels more accessible in the Cummins / Ram layout than it does on my Fords. I’m not saying it’s easy, just easier compared. I’ve done CP3 injectors valve lashing etc etc on LB7s, so I wouldn’t be afraid of tackling the work… but when I look at the Ford I just roll my eyes and seriously contemplate paying someone else. I have a S&S disaster prevention kit sitting on the shelf uninstalled for that reason.

Yes there’s the same level of sensors because of emissions, but the Cummins has half the amount of cooling systems, half the cylinder heads, half the down pipes, half the intakes, etc etc.

I get what you're saying, pop the hood and you're like :confused: wtf is any of this stuff :lmao:

Yeah there's just tube going every fuckin which way on the Ford. I'm sure you know, but the reverse flow heads are a pretty slick idea and it makes sense in some ways... but god damn it makes it complicated. Look at the alternator there, imagine just doing a replacement on that thing. You need to pull both the hot side and cold side intercooler tubes and one of the engine coolant tubes just to get at it.

If you pull that plastic shroud for the EGR cross over on the Cummins it looks even more accessible. Again, not saying its easy... just easier (in my head, I've never laid a finger on a Cummins for maintenance work)

15.jpg

2022-Ram-2500-diesel.jpg

I looked into deleting my new Ram CTD. Seems the .gov came down on all the companies selling the parts. Then I looked into emissions intact deleting through tuning. Apparently the '22's have a locked ECU, so that's out too. I can't even find a tuner for one.

I just gave up and drive the damn thing

OP seems to have a big chip on his shoulder right out of the gate. That will never end well here. This place fucking rains chips. :lmao:
Do you have a 2500 or 3500? I'm assuming yours is a 22? How do you like it?

I'm not saying I support the .gov's stance on it... but I have yet to have a real reason to want to delete either my 2015 Ford or 2021 Ford. I just drive and it's great power and I occasionally top of DEF. I have a 7,500 mile range on the 21.

True, that and the two different cooling systems plus the sheer size of it.

There’s a reason you pull the cab to work on them haha

Am I the only one that thought EPA on a fishing trip?

Mods okay with this?

Fuck this forum. Same flavor of bullshit that's on the vscope communities. I came here researching vscope monopoly and clearly the owner of this site might as well sell it.

Sounds like this was his sole reason for posting here.

Do you have a 2500 or 3500? I'm assuming yours is a 22? How do you like it?

I'm not saying I support the .gov's stance on it... but I have yet to have a real reason to want to delete either my 2015 Ford or 2021 Ford. I just drive and it's great power and I occasionally top of DEF. I have a 7,500 mile range on the 21.

It's a '22 3500. I love it. Haven't towed anything with yet and probably wont for a while. I only have just over 1000 miles on it. Have added DEF once.
You must have a couple extra tanks on your '21. Mine because of Mega cab, only came with a 32 gal tank. Only plans I have for the truck are to replace the stock tank for a 50gal and add a 50gal in the bed.

It's a '22 3500. I love it. Haven't towed anything with yet and probably wont for a while. I only have just over 1000 miles on it. Have added DEF once.
You must have a couple extra tanks on your '21. Mine because of Mega cab, only came with a 32 gal tank. Only plans I have for the truck are to replace the stock tank for a 50gal and add a 50gal in the bed.

You've had to put def in it in 1000 miles? My work truck will go 5k+ miles towing heavy every day.

I was surprised on my 21 with the def, I think it holds around 7 gal because if it’s real low I can put 2 boxes in and I think each box is 2.5G and then the range will read like 7500 miles. My 2015 only lasted around 2k miles I think. CCSB and I have a 33g fuel tank.

I will say the 10 speed is a massive improvement. I get around 17+ mpg highway driving for work and 14-15 towing my Jeep. I absolutely would have had to add a larger tank in my 15 if I had kept it, but with the 21 I can get like 500+ miles to a tank and that’s about my limit if we’re to drive straight no stops

Am I the only one that thought EPA on a fishing trip?

blaming glowies is the same as enforcing glowie policy

The epa isn't going to be able to get a subpoena for discussion of a delete alone. There has to more indication of intent and jurisdiction.

And if you're that afraid of it you really need to ask yourself why you're all of a sudden okay with the EPA acting like the ATF....

Oh, and, you can all go fuck yourselves still.

Let's be honest, chevy had garbage interior, doors, seats, ect since before 06 07. The interiors are just accepted as cheap junk.

You've had to put def in it in 1000 miles? My work truck will go 5k+ miles towing heavy every day.

Yes, It was reading full when I drove it off the lot. Let it get down to about 1/3rd and dumped a 2.5gal box of DEF.

I thought I read somewhere that the harder you run them the less DEF they use. I'm certainly not giving mine any kind of work out at the moment. It's my daily driver around town.

Yes, It was reading full when I drove it off the lot. Let it get down to about 1/3rd and dumped a 2.5gal box of DEF.

I thought I read somewhere that the harder you run them the less DEF they use. I'm certainly not giving mine any kind of work out at the moment. It's my daily driver around town.

Wierd, I've heard the opposite. I think my father in law gets 5k or so out of his def tank.

I've have heard the rams def doesn't last very long. Seems like a larger tank would be a no brainer.

Let's be honest, chevy had garbage interior, doors, seats, ect since before 06 07. The interiors are just accepted as cheap junk.
Those are fighten words

The GMT800 is as close to the golden standard as you can get in my book. The cloth seats are extremely comfortable and fairly durable for everything but the worst ass draggers.
The whole platform is the perfect blend between old enough to be self serviceable and maintainable but new enough for creature comforts.

If the 00-06 isn’t the best interior of it’s time, what is?

If you say Dodge then I just know you’re trolling

I know at least on the Fords the newer ones have a preset regen every 500 miles. I think the thought is keeping it cleaner more frequently requires less Idk
I rarely think about Def

I tow probably probably a dozen times a year, so primarily I commute. I’m not really giving mine any work either. I do throw a thousand plus miles on in a weekend though

Top Back Refresh