What's new

EGR and DPF delete for 2022+ ecodiesel

Those are fighten words

If the 00-06 isn’t the best interior of it’s time, what is?

If you say Dodge then I just know you’re trolling

Super duty with cloth captains. Never cared for them until I owned one, now I wish everything had captains.

Chevy is cheap shit, but that's the beauty of it. I never got in a GMT800 and went

"This is incredibly nice, how amazing!"

It's more

"That'll do" knowing you can replace the whole interior a few times for $500.

The leather of that era, in everything, sucks.

I think an angry birds grill would fix the OPs problems. Maybe a duck receptacle too.
61YG5UhZfmL._AC_SL1100_1100x.jpg

Towing with a Wrangler is dumb.
Challenge accepted.

You do realize the question you asked is of the illegal variety, right? Ever think that's why nobody wants to answer your stupid fucking question?

Feel free to delete your diesel and post all about it here so we can all laugh at you when the epa comes for a visit. :shaking:
Hey now, not all of us are boot lickers. If I knew the answer I'd be happy to share it.
:flipoff2:

Whats the state of the art on this?

Is anyone in the world tuning out the ridiculous egr and dpg of the jeep ecodiesels?

I have an idea to emulate sensors, but would like to know what has already been tried or why that might not work.
Last time I searched it looked like you had to remove the PCM on the jeeps and send it in for tuning and that was the only option I found.

Didn't like that idea, would much rather have a tuner style program so I had control if I ever had to reinstall or sell or trade.

Power increases were a joke as well. There really isn't any.

Eventually there will be guys doing their own custom tuning through a hand held. They probably are now, but I have no idea where they are at.

But really, if they wanted you towing with it, they would not have added the ECO in front of the word diesel. It's kinda like midget wrestling.

Ask Kory Willis of PPEI how that worked out for him. :laughing:
He was getting paid to delete stuff and he was dumb enough to make an above the table business about it. That's very different than just telling someone what to do.

I think the gubberment would disagree

Why test it?

Once again he was flagrant about it.

He should have parked it at a storage lot out of state and dared them to make an issue out of it.

Or he should have converted it back, make a whole social media stink, had the bureaucrats involved getting death threats, etc. and then deleted it again and sold it less flagrantly.

Or he should have just put some people in the grave over it and spent the rest of his life on the .gov teat. If I was single with no kids or adult kids I'd think real strongly about this option. Beurocrats need to be made aware that at the end of the day they work for us and that if they want to do anything more than hand out a $50 fine they need to either go through the courts or run the risk of their victim getting even without going through the courts.

We shouldn't have to ask the .gov for permission to modify our property but given that we do the least you can do it not make yourself an easy target for some bureaucrat with career ambitions.

And frankly, you boot licking blue state scum and your fear peddling are a big part of the problem. They can't enforce on all of us. Without you useful idiots to peddle the fear the enforcement they do wouldn't go as far. You're part of the problem. :flipoff:

(same goes for the "but the atf gonna shoot your dog" crowd)

Last edited:
blah blah blah
Or he should have just put some people in the grave over it and spent the rest of his life on the .gov teat. If I was single with no kids or adult kids I'd think real strongly about this option.
Either do it or shut the fuck up. Fuckin mouthbreathers that say this dumb ass bullshit are the same faggots that say shit like "I woulda joined the army but I woulda knocked out a drill sargent" Nobody here cares about you flapping your lips

Either do it or shut the fuck up. Fuckin mouthbreathers that say this dumb ass bullshit are the same faggots that say shit like "I woulda joined the army but I woulda knocked out a drill sargent" Nobody here cares about you flapping your lips
I haven't been wronged by an enforcement agency yet. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Yeah that escalated quickly

My relevant point was I like Irate, let's not "fuck around and find out" by posting instructions or specific info about this shit.

Wierd, I've heard the opposite. I think my father in law gets 5k or so out of his def tank.

I've have heard the rams def doesn't last very long. Seems like a larger tank would be a no brainer.

I "think" the DEF tank is 5gal.

I know at least on the Fords the newer ones have a preset regen every 500 miles. I think the thought is keeping it cleaner more frequently requires less Idk
I rarely think about Def

I tow probably probably a dozen times a year, so primarily I commute. I’m not really giving mine any work either. I do throw a thousand plus miles on in a weekend though

I have no idea if or when it has ever regened. I would have to have the particulate filter screen up on the dash at the time that it regened. Then apparently a light comes on. But if you don't have it up on the dash, there's no indication of it going on.

I've literally only put diesel in it 3 times so far.

blaming glowies is the same as enforcing glowie policy

The epa isn't going to be able to get a subpoena for discussion of a delete alone. There has to more indication of intent and jurisdiction.

And if you're that afraid of it you really need to ask yourself why you're all of a sudden okay with the EPA acting like the ATF....

Oh, and, you can all go fuck yourselves still.
ia.tenor.com%2Fg2bL_CDCCZYAAAAC%2Fyou-think-i-care.gif

Fact of the matter is is any of those 3 letter agencies can make anyone's life quite miserable to downright hell. It's not being afraid of them, it's the reality knowing what they can do if you happen to win the random lottery of their radar.

In addition, you proved you didn't want a discussion you just wanted to be pissed off at the advice given to you. Advice if free and you are free to ignore it if you don't like it. Going full retard against advice you don't like doesn't help your situation.

Those are fighten words

The GMT800 is as close to the golden standard as you can get in my book. The cloth seats are extremely comfortable and fairly durable for everything but the worst ass draggers.
The whole platform is the perfect blend between old enough to be self serviceable and maintainable but new enough for creature comforts.

If the 00-06 isn’t the best interior of it’s time, what is?

If you say Dodge then I just know you’re trolling
derail:

-EVERY- GMT800 I've had the misfortune of being around has had shitty beat-down driver's seats, door panels that are fucked, and door switch inserts that are broken beyond repair and no good replacements to be found. Cupholders falling apart. Dash rattles incessantly. Doors open/shut like garbage. My FIL has had 5 of them, still has one. He's as die-hard a bowtie fian as they come, even he complains about it, but Chevy so it's still the best:homer:. I've got 2-2nd gen dodges so I know shit when I see it.

Really, 95-00 GMT400 interiors are better. Fight me:flipoff2:

end derail.

derail:

-EVERY- GMT800 I've had the misfortune of being around has had shitty beat-down driver's seats, door panels that are fucked, and door switch inserts that are broken beyond repair and no good replacements to be found. Cupholders falling apart. Dash rattles incessantly. Doors open/shut like garbage. My FIL has had 5 of them, still has one. He's as die-hard a bowtie fian as they come, even he complains about it, but Chevy so it's still the best:homer:. I've got 2-2nd gen dodges so I know shit when I see it.

end derail.
95-00 isn’t bad, I’ll give you that. I haven’t had much trouble up-keeping the 800s I've had. I’ve never owned any Dodge, and the only other vehicle of the era I can compare to is my 99 F150 which was decent. But I think all my 800s top that.

I have definitely seen some clapped out ones, no doubt, but it’s hard to understand how abused they were to get to that point.

I’ve also had 5-6 of them and my worst one was my 02 Duramax with 350k that was used as a farm implement towing a plow through fields.
I think in this pic I had replaced the steering wheel and cluster bezel with junkyard freshies.
AB881510-7C83-457E-B2FA-B93B7234B3CD.jpeg

95-00 isn’t bad, I’ll give you that. I haven’t had much trouble up-keeping the 800s I've had. I’ve never owned any Dodge, and the only other vehicle of the era I can compare to is my 99 F150 which was decent. But I think all my 800s top that.

I have definitely seen some clapped out ones, no doubt, but it’s hard to understand how abused they were to get to that point.

I’ve also had 5-6 of them and my worst one was my 02 Duramax with 350k that was used as a farm implement towing a plow through fields.
I think in this pic I had replaced the steering wheel and cluster bezel with junkyard freshies.
AB881510-7C83-457E-B2FA-B93B7234B3CD.jpeg
Glad you like them. I've struggled to make the FIL's interior as nice as the expectation in his mind, and a hard time convincing him that all the junkyard parts I've tried to source are just as bad as his. My friends who have them (between my friends they probably have 6 of those trucks, from 02-06) have experienced similar issues. My experience with most of the aftermarket replacement parts for interiors (unless restoration-grade classic stuff) is... not good, so I keep looking for used parts.
Admittedly, the roads here are rough, and most of the trucks the FIL and my friends own have been 150k+ mile trucks, so perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place to find a good one.

I’m probably spoiled with California climate and conditions out here.

What specific parts are you looking for? I’ve purchased NOS or exact pattern cuts of seat fabric from eBay and have been impressed. If you’re looking for leather replacement, theseatshop.com has great products. I think they even started the business with those replacements. Their foam replacement is great.

There’s some 3D printed repair pieces for the common window switch clip breaking

I’m probably spoiled with California climate and conditions out here.

What specific parts are you looking for? I’ve purchased NOS or exact pattern cuts of seat fabric from eBay and have been impressed. If you’re looking for leather replacement, theseatshop.com has great products. I think they even started the business with those replacements. Their foam replacement is great.

There’s some 3D printed repair pieces for the common window switch clip breaking
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out:beer:

blaming glowies is the same as enforcing glowie policy

The epa isn't going to be able to get a subpoena for discussion of a delete alone. There has to more indication of intent and jurisdiction.

And if you're that afraid of it you really need to ask yourself why you're all of a sudden okay with the EPA acting like the ATF....

Oh, and, you can all go fuck yourselves still.
Point out where I said any of that.:flipoff2:

EVERY- GMT800 I've had the misfortune of being around has had shitty beat-down driver's seats, door panels that are fucked, and door switch inserts that are broken beyond repair and no good replacements to be found. Cupholders falling apart. Dash rattles incessantly. Doors open/shut like garbage. I've got 2-2nd gen dodges so I know shit when I see it.

end derail.

Damn 2007 dodge ebrake handle is literally a piece of plastic attached with plastic. What a pos. Everyone knows you can remove the dodge dash without tools

The only interiors that last are 90s fords. It's like the perfect blend of plastic and metal.

Damn 2007 dodge ebrake handle is literally a piece of plastic attached with plastic. What a pos. Everyone knows you can remove the dodge dash without tools

The only interiors that last are 90s fords. It's like the perfect blend of plastic and metal.

80s -> 90s ford are a lame attempt of trying to keep up with the times. Its a 1970s design with plastic and "improvements" thrown at an outdated idea.

either own a dent side (or earlier) or a supeduty. Then you'll either have class or comfort, instead of a compromise of disappointments.

80s -> 90s ford are a lame attempt of trying to keep up with the times. Its a 1970s design with plastic and "improvements" thrown at an outdated idea.

either own a dent side (or earlier) or a supeduty. Then you'll either have class or comfort, instead of a compromise of disappointments.

I prefer my 97 F350 interior to 99-07 interior. It's simple, but also functional.

I prefer my 97 F350 interior to 99-07 interior. It's simple, but also functional.
I have a 94 and a 05. I prefer the 94 interior, but I don't dislike the 05. 248k on the 94 and the dash and door panels are still solid!

I was this > < close to buying a diesel gladiator but went gas because jeep crippled the dam drivetrain by choosing a shitty engine and small fuel tank. The overheating is an easy problem to solve but my gladiator scooted although it was a loaded rubicon.

I sold it after a year for a profit and went back to my cummins swapped YJ anyway. It is 10x better to drive and cheaper to maintain but I kinda miss the gladiator’s heated steering wheel.

There was a guy doing legal tunes for the gladiator but I would never trust that engine. The wiring was a hassle to work on but doable for your average gear-head. I hauled a couple thousand with the gladiator and it did fine but sucked gas pretty good compared to everything else I’ve towed with.

The other gladiator limit is the frame which they fixed in the mojave but you couldn’t get it in the rubicon. I actually ran the math and the gladiator ONLY made sense if you were going to pay someone for the build. Do the build yourself and you would easily be ahead a couple thousand AND you could add the cummins crate engine or even use the 4bt.

Top Back Refresh