What's new

ECU tuning for Polaris Ranger

Runningquarters

Member Number
Loc
Palmer tx
I am to old to anything about chips and or tuning if there are any of you all that are knowledgeable and don't mind explaining some things I would really appreciate it. I have a Gravely that is a rebadged Polaris Ranger 570 and it looks like nobody around here has the ability to read the ECU. I took it to the Polaris dealer and he couldn't read why I was in limp mode and a couple other issues. So he pulled and ECU out of a Polaris Ranger 570 he had there and bingo it works. So he thinks my ECU needs to be flashed or find a ECU out of Ranger. So in looking for one I find several "Tuners" If I send them my ECU and have it tuned could that fix my issue? Is tuning these things a bad idea? The dealer who use to sell the Gravely also said the Gravely Atlas is severely detuned. And a stock Polaris one would raise my top speed from the 35mph speed setting to 50 mph. That would be awesome and tuning guys claim 65 mph. TIA

funny this popped up. i should be getting my Gilomen tune back tomorrow night. i also got the clutch weights, rollers, and spring. will report back.

I will be installing tonight, but I wanted to add: The customer service and tech support at Gilomen is top notch. Give them a call and describe your issue. I emailed back and forth with Terry and Brady

Well, got all my Gilomen gear in including the tune. It is a whole new machine (2018 1000XP Crew). I did the tune and everything I listed above just as they recommended. It was a very simple install and a huge improvement over stock performance even with my 30" tires. 100% recommend.

Sent it to Gilomen, we will see how it goes. Fingers crossed. Backchat keep us updated on yours please. I don't think mine will be here before the weekend and I hope yours is a success.

Sent it to Gilomen, we will see how it goes. Fingers crossed. Backchat keep us updated on yours please. I don't think mine will be here before the weekend and I hope yours is a success.

Will do. As I mentioned above, it feels like a new machine. That opinion is based on a couple of miles ripping through my neighborhood. Ill report back after some more use. one thing I forgot to mention above was the engagement from a stop. WAAAAY smoother. no more herky jerky starts.

So glad to hear about the jerky starts going away in high it really sucks. Getting rid of the 35 mph top speed limiter is also high on my list.

Top Back Refresh