What's new

Ebay Discount

Toreadorranger

Atomic Test Lab Rat
Member Number
Loc
CT
Looks like they are back to % discounts. PICK2SAVE is a 20% off on $50+ ends 5/25.

From Egay: "Use code PICK2SAVE on select home & garden, tech, and fashion. Ends 5/25."

They've been doing these things for quite some time, but it's always for shit I don't want or need. They haven't gone back to the 15% or 20% off everything in a while. I wish I'd have taken advantage of that on some large purchases that I want to make now. Naturally they had to stop when I have the money. 👎

From Egay: "Use code PICK2SAVE on select home & garden, tech, and fashion. Ends 5/25."

They've been doing these things for quite some time, but it's always for shit I don't want or need. They haven't gone back to the 15% or 20% off everything in a while. I wish I'd have taken advantage of that on some large purchases that I want to make now. Naturally they had to stop when I have the money. 👎

Same here.

eBay uses promotions, discounts, incentives to buy etc on their site as tests. Once they determine user buying patterns, they model the next "set" of discounts after whatever their determined goal is. It's not a trend, I've watched them do it for years and years. I was also privy to a PayPal / eBay meeting with consumers in the room at the time. That was over ten yrs ago and they haven't changed since. So to the point, those repeated discounts we all saw, were in place to insert final marketing decisions far down the road. eBay takes their sweet loving time making these changes, which I personally think is stupid of them, but it's their pace and always has been.

My bad, I thought it was like last time. I was excited up until my Kreg pocket hole jig didnt make the cut for the discount. Bummer.

Top Back Refresh