What's new

Early Bronco- rear axle/ no budget

If you come across an 05+ SD rolling chassis that cheap in the area can you let me know? I'm not on FB. I wouldn't mind putting the entire suspension under my 97 F250. 4.10 or 4.30 axles would be perfect. I'd even consider a dually setup if I could find the rear fenders for my year truck.

:smokin:

I'm more south central, I know of a guy out in west texas (sonora), but that's a haul for you and its 3.73s. Otherwise, theres a kid in Salado who makes a living parting out SDs.

Down on the south side SA theres a yard that had a F550 4x4 that the cab caught fire. But i didnt inquire about the chassis. Same yard that I've bought axles (8.8, fzj80, xj d44) for $150 each pulled and placed in my bed.

The trail gear kit is a good value, doesn't include shafts though.
​​​​​​
A 35 spline Detroit 3rd isn't *that* cheap

Still doesn't have an e brake, plus owner has to pay for all the brackets to be welded on.

Like someone said, it's not what I would have done. But I don't see why people can't see how different people have different ways of building rigs.

Anyone wheelin with 4.10s and big tires is a fucking looser BTW :flipoff2: Jesus people, you just love axle wrap and breaking drive shafts, tcases, ect? Put the correct gears in your axles and you will be much happier.
​​​​​

Back on that other site it wasnt uncommon to find thirds ready to go for $7-1000. what calipers came on the fuckjob from currie? Caddy? Rotors and pads are cheap.

All the brackets? All two of the spring pads? :flipoff2:

Dont get me wrong, the clowns who have too much money and want to play the game, but dont actually do anything will pay. I like those clowns because it's easy for me to build a truck and factor in $100 an hour for me fucking off in my down time. Currie is in business for a reason. I can't believe anyone buys their banjo 9" housings.

Oh, now we're comparing used parts to new? :rolleyes:​​​​​​

Used 3rds have always cost me more than new.

Sucks to be you?

I also hate ford 9". They just have a following because "KOH cars have 9s!" Hrr drr and dont realize what that level of bling really costs.

Sucks to be you?

I also hate ford 9". They just have a following because "KOH cars have 9s!" Hrr drr and dont realize what that level of bling really costs.

I didn't realize untill a few months ago that they really are that over hyped. Any of the bling parts are really not *that* strong, and just get replaced ofter enough to keep them alive. They also are only somewhat strong because they use soft gears, which don't last long, but still cost $1400+ for just a r&p.

D60 or 14b for anything beyond what a normal 9" can take.

Anyone wheelin with 4.10s and big tires is a fucking looser BTW :flipoff2: Jesus people, you just love axle wrap and breaking drive shafts, tcases, ect? Put the correct gears in your axles and you will be much happier.
​​​​​

Well....loser....I can live with that for 100 bux. I have a fuking diesel.

You don't even want to know what I use for fuel.....:laughing:

Sucks to be you?

My daily driver WIllys has a 9" :flipoff2:

Well....loser....I can live with that for 100 bux. I have a fuking diesel.

You don't even want to know what I use for fuel.....:laughing:

Not saying I haven't been a looser too, 40s and 4.10s sucks with a 4 cyl. :flipoff2:​​​​​​

Even with a diesel, anything more than 37s should probably be lower than 4.10s.

Not saying I haven't been a looser too, 40s and 4.10s sucks with a 4 cyl. :flipoff2:​​​​​​

Even with a diesel, anything more than 37s should probably be lower than 4.10s.

No. I only have 3600 rpm to work with. And I live in Michigan.

42 in iroks and 100 HP stopping at 3600 rpm took some learning.

Doubler would be nice...and a turbo

Only vid of it I know of with the captain cave pig diesel technology.

It's in the intro thread.

https://youtu.be/1a1kHw09ijE

It's my driver so it either has 35 in snows....37 in military for daily duty depending on season.....

33 for towing..

and for trail stuff 42,s.......sometimes I borrow 44,s for mud.

My bronco II has 4.10 too....but it's probably getting a 4cyl ecobooster soon.

410 is good for losers like me:flipoff2:

Last edited:
bronco was finally dropped off yesterday. been almost a year since i was last around it and its looking beat (edit; shit its been 2yrs, time flies!). after the trip in mid august its going to the body shop for a new hood, a bit of other work and paint. it just had a Sniper efi kit put on it and rebuild heads. its never ran so good. i can wrench, but i'm no mechanic, the efi is sweet.

i think it looks better with out the bumpers on it
View attachment pNrjVO1VpgtTSXn52-Bbw1YQHM4F7-r7JIomxs2P4G-9eNeWjpJyCuUUfx0EfX3ph-Mx0Wm6StBrFzPq2s_cL_CFU2sL_fjHvmIU

i'll get to working on it soon, hopefully this afternoon. i've only got 2 days until i head to st anthony ID, then will be home for 2 days before heading to Florance OR with the bronco. so i dont have much room for problems.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh