What's new

Eager Beaver Roller- Can't find shit on it.

DozerDan82

Master of the Universe!!!
Member Number
Loc
3rd Rock From the Big Ball of Fire
As some may know I bought an Eager Beaver SRH300 Roller. 2.5T unit (or so I am told) but I can not find shit online- other than auction sites. Some stuff pops up for a 150 model, but the links are dead for manuals.

Should have a Kohler 23 hp engine- which is making the noises from the inside that lead me to believe they want to be outside soon. Only does it when it gets warm and some Lucas helped but still.

I would like to find some specs on the engine - shaft dia , height - etc so I can start to source a back up. But only tag on the engine I see is the casting number K355

Anyone have better google skills than myself?

Also the 't' handle pictured I am told is the Hydro brake, but it does not seem to really do much- anyone seen one like that- should I just keep turning it?

I am into it for a decent price, unless you ask waterhead---, and would like to see what I can do to make it more better, as it works half decent as it is.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Provide said LS with wiring harness, and I will provide...

Don't tempt me! :laughing:

The comedy show that would be guaranteed to happen if I did send you an LS engine would be totally worth the price of a clapped out 4.8 and harness. :grinpimp:

I bet I could even get other IBB members to go in on it with me. :lmao:

Don't tempt me! :laughing:

The comedy show that would be guaranteed to happen if I did send you an LS engine would be totally worth the price of a clapped out 4.8 and harness. :grinpimp:

I bet I could even get other IBB members to go in on it with me. :lmao:

I have a 5.3 sitting in the shop. Needs harness and accessories :stirthepot:

AS much as I would totally figure out a way to put a 5.3 in it, right now I need a more immediate solution. Once I am done with my driveway- I am down.

On that note I assume anyone who read this has had about as much luck as I have finding information on it. This thing works awesome for what I am using it for.

Get harbor freight v twin. If crank size is different, it has a chain coupling, get correct one to go on engine. Bolt pattern on side case of engine should be standard. Chain coupling half from surpluscenter

Drain the oil and run 100% Lucas? Worked in my Jeep :grinpimp:

Get harbor freight v twin. If crank size is different, it has a chain coupling, get correct one to go on engine. Bolt pattern on side case of engine should be standard. Chain coupling half from surpluscenter

Yea I am thinking that might be the way to go... but I would much rather not spend 1/2+ of what the machine costs on a cheap motor, but a Kohler is the cost of the machine. Wonder if I have a 90* gear box at work, I can swap in one of my vertical shaft motors from an old lawn mower....

This would be the direction I would go. Should be damn near bolt in. Might have to fiddle with the exhaust, choke and throttle cables, but that's simple.

Well a thing happened after a phone call with a buddy.

not exactly what belongs in there, and no clue if it will fit, but the price was right. Kawasaki 29 hp FI engine (s), one is ventalated down low, one is 'good' but gets warm after an hour plus of hard use (was in a zero turn)

Worth stopping at my buddies, shooting the shit and having a beer.

Will update once I get them unloaded and see what I am dealing with.

thumbnail (4).jpg

the kohler engine number should be on the shroud.

but you'll probably have to disassemble half the machine to get at it.

It's a K series kohler. They made them forever. Parts are available. If the crank isn't fucked I'd rebuild it.

the kohler engine number should be on the shroud.

but you'll probably have to disassemble half the machine to get at it.

It's a K series kohler. They made them forever. Parts are available. If the crank isn't fucked I'd rebuild it.

Machine is not really disassembleable. It is solid, got to pull it to get at anything.

well then that's what's gonna happen.
a k series is pretty easy to split.
pull it, crack it open, see if the crank and rod are good.

if so, shove new bearings in it and send it.
lets be honest, even if the crank is scored I'd crocus cloth that bitch up and still send it.

Wheel that thing on over here, just got 25T of blue stone driveway and its still "soft" and needs some running over. :flipoff2:

well then that's what's gonna happen.
a k series is pretty easy to split.
pull it, crack it open, see if the crank and rod are good.

if so, shove new bearings in it and send it.
lets be honest, even if the crank is scored I'd crocus cloth that bitch up and still send it.

I mean lets be honest, I have done worse

Rough measurements on the Kawi motors say it will not fit unless I remote mount the rad. Not out of the question, but eh..

Got to pull the numbers off the Kohler, and then I think I am gonna run it until it no longer runs and go from there. Prob add some more Lucas and send it. As long as it does not get warm it seems to be okayish...

I had one of those back in the day. Things are old and not much good for anything but maybe rolling the yard, thats what I did with it. No vibrator and too light to really compact stone or asphalt. It is worth about $22 per ton at the scrap yard. Thats the best place for it.

I had one of those back in the day. Things are old and not much good for anything but maybe rolling the yard, thats what I did with it. No vibrator and too light to really compact stone or asphalt. It is worth about $22 per ton at the scrap yard. Thats the best place for it.

Um ok. Thank you for your contribution. It is working AWESOME for my application, and for the price I am FULLY content with it. It would have cost me the same for ~2 days of a rental of the same level, and I do not have two days to dedicate to this job. But I value your input... :laughing:

I mean lets be honest, I have done worse

Rough measurements on the Kawi motors say it will not fit unless I remote mount the rad. Not out of the question, but eh..

Got to pull the numbers off the Kohler, and then I think I am gonna run it until it no longer runs and go from there. Prob add some more Lucas and send it. As long as it does not get warm it seems to be okayish...

one thing to consider is what oil is in it?

they don't fare well with multiviscosity. Should be a straight 30w. if she's got a healthy knock maybe some straight 40 or 50w, or some 30 w with the lucas goo in it.

Top Back Refresh