What's new

Dune 2021: hit or flop?

:lmao:

U.S.—Film director Denis Villeneuve has announced a brand-new director's cut of Dune, much to the excitement of fans. The new cut of the film will be almost 6 hours long and will feature 3 additional hours of really cool spaceships taking off and landing very very slowly.

"I loved bringing the story of Dune to the big screen, but my true passion is for filming the take-off and landing sequences of massive, unusually shaped spacecraft as they very slowly lift up into the air or descend to a planet's surface," said Villeneuve. "This new version will have much more of that stuff."

Sources also confirmed that composer Hans Zimmer recorded additional music to help drive home the epic scale of the really cool spaceships as the camera just sits there and looks at them for several minutes without moving and no story happening.

"My entire career has led to this," said Villeneuve in his sophisticated artsy French accent. "For me, it's all about very large, unusually shaped spaceships now."

After Dune Part 2, Villeneuve plans to direct a 10-hour movie called Spaceship, which will have even more spaceships.

Shut up and take our money, Denis Villeneuve!

thread bump:

Has anyone went to see Dune part 2? Coworker saw it last weekend and said it was really good. I'd like to see it in the theater just for the big screen effects but damn I don't wanna spend the $$.

I saw it opening night and thought it was just as good if not better (for the most part) than the first. It didn't seem like a 3 hour movie.

It's the background music still an aborigines getting after a didgeridoo the entire time?

Saw it in IMAX 70mm, the sound experience was well worth it. It definitely wasn't 2:46 of movie time (credits etc).

1710528547886.png

Will not watch because of that diversity hire Zendaya or whatever the fuck her name is.

Trying to see it (2024) this weekend in IMAX. The first half was amazing, I find myself watching it almost monthly.

What if I told you DUNE 2 is as sequel. :homer:
Ahh but....there's several more books about Dune that Herbert wrote like "Dune Messiah" and "Children of Dune". With the way the 2nd movie ended it leaves the opportunity for them to delve into Dune Messiah. Which could be a bomb given 'tis more or less a jihad story...just doent involve the Koran or muslims in the current sense of the words.

In case you didn't know I've seen both the 80s version and the new one, recently doing the IMAX for the latest. As some others noted the book is necessary reading for the early version or one gets lost in the plot which had a bit to do with Herbert having script control and wanting it to follow the book plot as I understood it.

Will not watch because of that diversity hire Zendaya or whatever the fuck her name is.
I didn't think she was a bad actor in the first one, but maybe I drank too many beers before I watched it?

Facebook for some reason decided about a month ago that I suddenly needed to see all the Dune content. Apparently this chick wears some crazy shit to events. One fart and that thing is foggier than San Francisco on a june morning.
1710536628061.png

I didn't think she was a bad actor in the first one, but maybe I drank too many beers before I watched it?

Facebook for some reason decided about a month ago that I suddenly needed to see all the Dune content. Apparently this chick wears some crazy shit to events. One fart and that thing is foggier than San Francisco on a june morning.
1710536628061.png
Well looks like robot wives are effective, now I just need to wait until they're cheap. :smokin:
200.gif

Look closely at that robot outfit and you'll notice that Zendaya doesn't even come close to filling the top.

i-1-91031457-zendaya-dune-outfits.jpg

Huh? What's wrong with her in this role? Arakis is a desert planet, seems her skin color makes sense considering. If anything the all white actors in the 80's flick didn't make a lot of sense in hindsight. I don't remember Herbert making specific mention one way or the other. Could be wrong. Been a while since I read the books.

Look closely at that robot outfit and you'll notice that Zendaya doesn't even come close to filling the top.

i-1-91031457-zendaya-dune-outfits.jpg

No she does not. Doesn't matter. Small titties are fun to play with too.

Huh? What's wrong with her in this role? Arakis is a desert planet, seems her skin color makes sense considering. If anything the all white actors in the 80's flick didn't make a lot of sense in hindsight. I don't remember Herbert making specific mention one way or the other. Could be wrong. Been a while since I read the books.

:beer: 100% DGAF.

When it comes to playing with titties I do not discriminate based on size, they're all fun to play with and I'm just happy the woman they're attached too is letting me play with them.:flipoff2:

I don't recall any mention of skin tone of the Fremen (at least in the first Dune book), it just says that the Fremen have black hair.
It also says that Duke Leto has black hair and olive skin.

Aaron Z

Author Frank Herbert and wife Theresa Shackelford attend the "Dune ...

I dont see Theresa mentioned anywhere i wiki but theres a picture of them? Anyone know?

Top Back Refresh