What's new

"Dumb" brake question

Peter S

Member Number
Brakes, we all want them as good as possible.

Is there a difference in brake force on the calliper in these 2 options ?
i think as long as there is enough travel before locking the wheels no, if you are out of travel yes.

At this point i have 2 wilwood master cillinders. 1 for the 2 front brakes and 1 for the rear. I go with 2 brakes lines from the master to the front wheels. and with 2brake lines from the master to the cutting brakes for the rear and then to de rear wheels.

What if i use 1 brake line to the front axle. Install a T and go to the left and right.
1 brake line to the cutting brakes and then to the rear wheels.

Will my brakes be better ?

With 2 brake lines i have to move more fluid so the clamping force will be lower with the same given amount of pedal ratio .... ?
I had used all brakes lines seperated with the idea if something fails i can pinch it and still have to other brake...
But good brakes are priority.

You're moving the same amount of fluid regardless of line config. The ratio is determined by master bore to caliper bores.

Larger and longer flexible hoses flex more and take up more volume. Your brakes will feel better with single hoses to each axle rather than one to each wheel.

Larger and longer flexible hoses flex more and take up more volume. Your brakes will feel better with single hoses to each axle rather than one to each wheel.
This is true. So you either have two long hoses from the frame to the calipers, or three hoses, one from frame to axle and two from axle to calipers.

This is true. So you either have two long hoses from the frame to the calipers, or three hoses, one from frame to axle and two from axle to calipers.
yes, and thats why i think i have better brakes i i change it, but maybe my theory about volume and clamping force/ pressure was wrong

Top Back Refresh