What's new

Drummond Island MI

redbank

Member Number
Loc
Pittsburgh PA
Meeting some friends in a few weeks for a week of celebrating a friends birthday at Drummond Island Mi. No one else going has a sxs or offroad vehicle, I was thinking of towing my sxs up with me to explore the island. Has anyone been to the island? Is it worth towing the 600 miles for a day or two of exploring?

600 miles one way? Yes and no. It all depends on if you consider trailering a no-brainer or PITA. There are a ton of ORV trails you can ride and some spectacular views. Drummond Island is VERY scenic with some very nice shale beaches. (drive in the water = ticket). There is an ORV park called Turtle Ridge on the island with some pretty good rock areas with mud and moss on them. Not really something I would recommend on your own.

Bottom line, I would think that if you have never been there, it's worth the tow. My guess is if you have time to kill, you will regret NOT taking the sxs.

Below is a pic of a sunrise on Marblehead. (eastern most point of the UP) We left camp at 4:00am and rode to be on the point before the sun peaked up.

Attachments

• sunrise_0166.JPG
    sunrise_0166.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 39
  • sunrise_0169.JPG
    sunrise_0169.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 38
600 miles one way? Yes and no. It all depends on if you consider trailering a no-brainer or PITA. There are a ton of ORV trails you can ride and some spectacular views. Drummond Island is VERY scenic with some very nice shale beaches. (drive in the water = ticket). There is an ORV park called Turtle Ridge on the island with some pretty good rock areas with mud and moss on them. Not really something I would recommend on your own.

Bottom line, I would think that if you have never been there, it's worth the tow. My guess is if you have time to kill, you will regret NOT taking the sxs.

Below is a pic of a sunrise on Marblehead. (eastern most point of the UP) We left camp at 4:00am and rode to be on the point before the sun peaked up.
This is what I want to hear. Trailer isn't a pain but if I am going to drag my junk this far I want to make sure it is worth it. Appreciate the feedback.

Top Back Refresh