What's new

Driving to Alaska w/ gun

grumpy356

bordering on illiterate
Member Number
is there a permit process to drive from the US through Canada to Alaska with a fire arm & what is the process?

Who do you go to for the paperwork?

Depends on the flavour of firearm if you can bring it through.
Call CBSA and get the low down.

Yeah, I know they aren't fond of -AR's anymore,

I'm Talking a 12 gauge bird gun, and or a .45 long colt. probably. I'd do a semi-automatic pistol, but I want the least drama possible.

Actually its for my dad, he's an old Vietnam vet and he wants to drive to Alaska but he won't drive without a gun.

They make calif. Look like the wild west of guns...
call Now.
They will drag it out for a month at least!
Only easy way is no handguns .
They will give you 7 days in country!
No weapons months in country!

ps
do not waste time on the website.
they had it up and not monitored 2 years ago

The crown is nuts.
The ministry of whatever they call it is WAY more anti gun than Sacramento

Last edited:
Yeah, I know they aren't fond of -AR's anymore,

I'm Talking a 12 gauge bird gun, and or a .45 long colt. probably. I'd do a semi-automatic pistol, but I want the least drama possible.

Actually its for my dad, he's an old Vietnam vet and he wants to drive to Alaska but he won't drive without a gun.

Shotgun will be easy. Pistol is a pistol, it won't be more or less drama to bring a wheelgun or a semi auto, so bring whatever you're comfortable with, just get your paperwork handled and for God's sake don't screw around with the legal storage requirements. That's where you'll get in trouble. Don't have it loaded, don't have it under the seat. Have it trigger locked and in a locked box, separate from ammo.

You may do well to ask for more info on Rokslide, people there drive up to hunt Alaska often. They would probably have info on form numbers, filing and processing times, etc.

Of course, you may get a ****y CBSA agent and it will still take 6 hours.

Reactions: Clb
Who are you hunting with? An outfitter? A friend? Do you know anyone in the area you are going? Easiest thing to do would be ship the guns to yourself and skip the dumb shit at the boarder.

Top Back Refresh