What's new

Drink of choice?

Poriggity

Ketchup Dog
Member Number
Loc
Bates City, Mo
Whatcha drinkin? I used to be a big beer guy, and I will still enjoy a beer on occasion, but I have found that whiskey and scotch are nice. I usually drink it neat, or on the rocks, but today I'm trying something different, a little Johnny Walker Red mixed with an Arizona Arnold Palmer.. About a 50/50 mix seems to be just right :flipoff2::flipoff2:

jwandtea.jpg

Wild Turkey American Honey and ginger ale. None of the other honey's taste worth a shit.

Beer for me. I love trying a beer I’ve never heard of before.

I'm very cultured.

Ska Brewing, Mexican Logger
Pabst Blue Ribbon
top shelf coronarita on the rocks no salt. (TS margarita with an 8 ounce corona shoved in it)

The wife and I stick to whiskey. I never really acquired the taste for beer but can handle one here or there.

The wife and I drink different whiskeys. She's a fan of flavored whiskeys....mostly honey so her usual go to is Evan Williams Honey with Coke Zero. I go with Canadian whiskeys....mostly Canadian Club and Coke Zero. Occassionally I'll mix it with Ginger Ale or even lemonade for a sour.

A good Lagavulin while the daughter paints the garage doors she messed up this winter with a hockey ball.

Lagavulin.JPG

Been doing Ginger Beer and Whiskey. The Kroger brand ginger beer work really well, thanks to Doc14 for finding that out. :laughing:

Been doing Ginger Beer and Whiskey. The Kroger brand ginger beer work really well, thanks to Doc14 for finding that out. :laughing:

I like gingerbeer straight and whiskey straight.. I bet together, they would be amazing.. What whiskey do you prefer?

I'm partial to IPA but I do like Captain Morgan and ginger ale. Tastes like a creme soda.

Beer, dark, not too hoppy. I don't understand the bitter IPA hipsters? :barf:

We were smuggling Yuengling for years before we could get it west of the Mississippi, it was a rare treat. It's still in frequent rotation, but Shiner Bock is pretty much my default go-to.

It hasn't showed up local yet, but I'm looking forward to the seasonal Leinenkugel Summer Shandy being back on shelves.

Have been on a Stiegl Radler grapefruit and/or lemon kick lately too.

I never developed a taste for whiskey, bourbon, scotch etc. They all taste the same to me.
my-mouth-tastes-like-burning.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	my-mouth-tastes-like-burning.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	14005

I've been trying it with everything I have on my shelf :laughing: For bourbon I've been into Elijah Craig recently, and trying a bunch of others.

For mixing it really depends on the ginger beer. Some area really sweet so if you use like a Jameson or other sweeter whiskey it gets a bit too sweet for me. The Kroger brand is not terribly sweet and so far it's gone well with everything I have tried.

A good IPA is my favorite. But I need to shed some quarantine pounds so I've largely switched to palomas - basically just Fresca and tequila with a splash of lime.

For beer, when I can get it, I like Alaskan Amber. They don't export down where I am at yet, so I only get it when we go back up north to MN or WI to visit.

I've been trying it with everything I have on my shelf :laughing: For bourbon I've been into Elijah Craig recently, and trying a bunch of others.

For mixing it really depends on the ginger beer. Some area really sweet so if you use like a Jameson or other sweeter whiskey it gets a bit too sweet for me. The Kroger brand is not terribly sweet and so far it's gone well with everything I have tried.

When I buy gingerbeer, it's usual the Fever Tree brand. Nice and spicy.

Beer is either Shiner Bock or Stag Session, for a mixed drink Jim Beam Red Stag and Dr Pepper.

When I buy gingerbeer, it's usual the Fever Tree brand. Nice and spicy.

Haven't tried that one, but that's why I like the Kroger brand. It tingles the lips and is very refreshing, assuming you like ginger :laughing:

Haven't tried that one, but that's why I like the Kroger brand. It tingles the lips and is very refreshing, assuming you like ginger :laughing:

Well my normal non-alcoholic drink is Gingerale, and ginger beer is a treat for me :lmao: I love the spice.

I really grew to like bold and flavorful Italian red wine when I was over there for student exchange in high school. Barolo, chianti, brunello di montalcino to name a few. Then in my twenties working at a large local beer distributor I found I liked good beer. Then in my thirties I found scotch and whiskey and all that they entail. It would depend on the day and my mood.

Meyers rum and Coke as a go to.

Woodford Double Oak was pretty tasty but I'm still experimenting with whiskey, scotch, etc... It is definitely possible to find 'smooth' style. My wife got me the Skrewball PB whiskey... sort of smooth but not a fan.

Meyers rum and Coke as a go to.

Woodford Double Oak was pretty tasty but I'm still experimenting with whiskey, scotch, etc... It is definitely possible to find 'smooth' style. My wife got me the Skrewball PB whiskey... sort of smooth but not a fan.

I enjoyed it.. I finished the bottle rather quickly. I got a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red from my boss, who discovered he didn't like it. Turns out I don't really care for it when it's neat, but mix it with something, and it'll do the job :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Top Back Refresh