What's new

down goes roe v wade?

1659294484912.png

To further the argument against abortions, banning them would lead to less squatted trucks.

It's facts, nothing there to argue.

I got a big kick out of the fact that most people had to go to churches to vote to have unrestricted rights to kill babies. 😂😂😂

I am just glad the obvious bull shit commercials, texts and emails will go away now. Both sides are fearmongering and lying out their asses.

I got a big kick out of the fact that most people had to go to churches to vote to have unrestricted rights to kill babies. 😂😂😂

I am just glad the obvious bull shit commercials, texts and emails will go away now. Both sides are fearmongering and lying out their asses.
Kansas still has restrictions, this vote just maintained the current ones in place. I believe they stop at 22 weeks got most and after that is only for health of the mother.

Kansas still has restrictions, this vote just maintained the current ones in place. I believe they stop at 22 weeks got most and after that is only for health of the mother.
Here is the deal, both sides lying so much that the facts were gone. I challenged my wife to really read it, it was hard to find. I ate crow after not being able to find what would really be voted on after 5 minutes. To be honest, the deal wasnt worth more time than that to me. I am not trying to decide others choices, just as I didnt appreciate the vaxxers trying to decide mine.

Here is the deal, both sides lying so much that the facts were gone. I challenged my wife to really read it, it was hard to find. I ate crow after not being able to find what would really be voted on after 5 minutes. To be honest, the deal wasnt worth more time than that to me. I am not trying to decide others choices, just as I didnt appreciate the vaxxers trying to decide mine.
The language of the amendment was to allow future legislators that we elect locally to vote on abortion and its limits(or lack thereof). the exact text is below and was written by my local state senator. I talked with him sunday night about the vote and we agreed it would not pass, solely because of all the misinformation being put out by both sides.

If passed, sure it could mean real restrictions for "womens health". (yes that is a facetious quote) but it could just as easily mean that the next round of legislation could make abortion completely legal up to and after birth. Depends on who is elected and what gets passed in the legislature. But no, lets make the amendment about taking away womens rights. :shaking:

Anyway, it lost big time.

Here is the amendment language:

§ 22. Regulation of abortion. Because Kansans value both women and children, the constitution of the state of Kansas does not require government funding of abortion and does not create or secure a right to abortion. To the extent permitted by the constitution of the United States, the people, through their elected state representatives and state senators, may pass laws regarding abortion, including, but not limited to, laws that account for circumstances of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest, or circumstances of necessity to save the life of the mother.”

Edit to add: I did not even bother to go vote. I doubt I will ever vote again. My wife asked me last night how I was going to help make a difference, I told her by keeping my iron oiled and my powder dry. :laughing:

§ 22. Regulation of abortion. Because Kansans value both women and children, the constitution of the state of Kansas does not require government funding of abortion and does not create or secure a right to abortion. To the extent permitted by the constitution of the United States, the people, through their elected state representatives and state senators, may pass laws regarding abortion, including, but not limited to, laws that account for circumstances of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest, or circumstances of necessity to save the life of the mother.”
Why even bother with that? Its the political equivalent of replying "First" on a forum.

The language of the amendment was to allow future legislators that we elect locally to vote on abortion and its limits(or lack thereof). the exact text is below and was written by my local state senator. I talked with him sunday night about the vote and we agreed it would not pass, solely because of all the misinformation being put out by both sides.

If passed, sure it could mean real restrictions for "womens health". (yes that is a facetious quote) but it could just as easily mean that the next round of legislation could make abortion completely legal up to and after birth. Depends on who is elected and what gets passed in the legislature. But no, lets make the amendment about taking away womens rights. :shaking:

Anyway, it lost big time.

Edit to add: I did not even bother to go vote. I doubt I will ever vote again. My wife asked me last night how I was going to help make a difference, I told her by keeping my iron oiled and my powder dry. :laughing:
I am not an abortion fan at all. If you spoke to anyone that discussed it with me, they would say I was going to vote yes. 😂😂 I talk a lot of shit because I think its wrong, but killing your baby if you dont want it, really doesnt affect me.

I work in the office, today a rabid pro-abortion mostly conservative dickbag and I was going back and forth with funny insults. I got him when i told him the conservatives still kinda won by making all the baby killers go vote to kill babies at a church. 😂😂

Thanks for posting that, its the first time I have seen it. I have to be honest, that's a piece of shit right there. If I went to vote and read that for the first time, I would turn around and leave. Its so vague yet uses enough buzz words to surely inflame the liberals. I would have no smart ass conservative leaning angle to argue to my wife with that. She is leaning right, but heavy on the lady rights shit. She doesnt project it on me, so we can live well together. When the vax mandate came out, she supported me leaving my job over it. I do think this proved a lot of conservative minded folks here in the middle of the country can seperate some issues from strict partisan lines. Maybe even have a little less government control, which is what i am truely after.

a rabid pro-abortion mostly conservative dickbag........

She is leaning right, but heavy on the lady rights shit. She doesnt project it on me, so we can live well together........
Pro abortion and conservative? You cannot be both.

My wife and I differ slightly on the abortion topic. She is anti at any time, conception is life. I agree with her on the latter but I think there should be some exceptions that protect the mother.

The language of the amendment had to be written that way in order to allow future legislators the room to write and pass laws.

Do conservatives remember that when they say I “waste my vote” or “a vote for libertarian is really a vote for Democrats”? It sure doesn’t seem like it when we bicker about why the dems win. Conservatives will say the above and then be mad at me when I won’t vote republican.

My wife and I differ slightly on the abortion topic. She is anti at any time, conception is life. I agree with her on the latter but I think there should be some exceptions that protect the mother.

The language of the amendment had to be written that way in order to allow future legislators the room to write and pass laws.

Serious question time: Why?

That's legal language that doesn't say anything at all. If it would've stopped at the first sentence, it would be something - Kansas will not fund abortions - but adding in all the other bullshit confuses the issue.

You can have a law saying "state doesn't pay for abortions"

And have a separate law saying "more laws may be made in the future"

But, in typical political uselessness, the second law is redundant, and not needed, and confuses the issue, which allows both side to foment discord with the people on the other side of the issue. :shaking:

I'm starting to feel like :gary: reading this bullshit :eek:

What does abortion and being a Conservative have to do with each other?

No clue, me thinks he's equating the evangelical dipshits with being all conservatives?

Myself I'm pretty conservative fiscally, but abortion doesn't matter to me in the grand scheme. As long as it doesn't cost me money I don't care if clinics start punch card promotions of buy 9 get the tenth free.

Do conservatives remember that when they say I “waste my vote” or “a vote for libertarian is really a vote for Democrats”? It sure doesn’t seem like it when we bicker about why the dems win. Conservatives will say the above and then be mad at me when I won’t vote republican.
I don't care who you vote for. You missed my point. (i think, see below)
Serious question time: Why?

That's legal language that doesn't say anything at all. If it would've stopped at the first sentence, it would be something - Kansas will not fund abortions - but adding in all the other bullshit confuses the issue.

You can have a law saying "state doesn't pay for abortions"

And have a separate law saying "more laws may be made in the future"

But, in typical political uselessness, the second law is redundant, and not needed, and confuses the issue, which allows both side to foment discord with the people on the other side of the issue. :shaking:

I'm starting to feel like :gary: reading this bullshit :eek:
It is written that way because the kansas supreme court stretched the meaning of "life liberty and the pursuit of" in the state constitution to uphold legal abortion. somehow making bad decisions and killing a baby is the pursuit of happiness? It was left up to the court and they made their decision, so the amendment was written to make it very obvious to the court that kansans value life. Evidently that is not the case. Should it have been written differently? Probably. ANother note to mention, the writer of the amendment is running for governor.......as an independent.......:laughing: The kansas gop put out a statement monday that he is a rhino turncoat and a vote for him would mean another 4 years for kelly. see jrx post above. fwiw, he has been in the state house in one form or another for 20 years, always a republican. He is a good guy and believes in smaller government, less taxes and the value of life. For example he voted no on the indoor cigarette ban, its your business you should be able to do what you want in it. He took a lot of flak from "conservatives" over that.
This is a quote from post #1964 "I got him when i told him the conservatives still kinda won by making all the baby killers go vote to kill babies at a church."

If ripping babies apart and vacuuming them out is not a moral issue, then why did the poster of that comment think he "got him" with the vote happening in church.

The answer to your question should be obvious? Before this ambiguous amendment language and subsequent vote loss, wasn't the abortion argument mostly divided on party lines?

I cant agree with your first statement. Conservative, liberal, libertarian is all so subjective.

The last statement tells me you like more government, I do not.

There is a story circulating the MSM that a Louisiana woman is being forced to carry a medically futile headless fetus to term unless she goes out of state for the abortion. I looked it up and LA still allows abortion of nonviable fetuses. Someone fucked up but they're going to keep running these horror stories to damage the GOP as much as possible.

Top Back Refresh