What's new

Doug Stanhope- any fans?

Swayzeexpress

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Only stand up I watch

Easy to find

anybody got funny people they like?

He was great. But his TDS and his extreme covid paranoia has gotten the better of him. He is a shell of a man.

I don't follow him directly to know how he stands but I took his 2020 show as a perfect fuck you to libs without them knowing it. His words sound left but his points are super right to me.

I was a big fan....I scared the fawk out of him ....he kept saying.....your not a shooter are you?....when he was autographing merch....

I thought he was being funny at first...
But he is a bit paranoid.

Comics can't take much more of this fake bullshit...

I like this set a ton, but the rest of the time I see Doug, he's either ok or plain sucks. Bro-immaturity is cool until just about exactly the age Doug is in No Returns. That was like 20 years ago.

I was a big fan....I scared the fawk out of him ....he kept saying.....your not a shooter are you?....when he was autographing merch....

I thought he was being funny at first...
But he is a bit paranoid.

Comics can't take much more of this fake bullshit...

the guy has done boatloads of drugs...no surprise hes squirrelly as fuck.

That set is his masterpiece in my opinion. I love Stanhope but I haven’t seen him in person for 6 years or so. I still like his work but it’s not quite as precise as it used to be. He was my original favorite comic so he’ll always hold a special place in my heart and he’s still putting out quality material.

He was great. But his TDS and his extreme covid paranoia has gotten the better of him. He is a shell of a man.

On JRE this week he said he hasn't left his house in a year.

To be fair, he was also talking about how he has done the same thing a bunch of times in the past, with taking breaks from working to do his own thing - I got the impression he used it all as an excuse to take time off and do what he wanted anyway. Just my take after listening to the podcast the other day. Also talked about how he's the type of person who chose to drive the entire way out to Texas so he could spend time on the rode and have a lot of time to listen to podcasts, instead of just flying out. To each their own, but I definitely didn't hear anything that would make me not want to listen to any future comedy from him...

I'd put him up there in the top tier of comedians along with Dave Attel, Louise CK, Rodney Carrington, etc...

Top Back Refresh