What's new

Does it exsist?

Member Number
Loc
Sunny Sequim, WA
A Crew Cab Freightliner M2 (or similar), with an 8.3, stick of some sort, and hydraulic brakes?

Is there even a good place to search for shit like that? As usual, marketplace doesn't have shit, and is infuriating to attempt to use.

Go to the truck paper and use the keyword crewcab to search. The hydraulic brakes are gonna be the tougher thing. On your wish list.

Reactions: DMG
That seems like a lot of truck capacity to ride on leafs. Unless your truck will always be fully loaded, anyway.

So take the exam and get rid of the restriction? :confused:

You can take the training online and then go take the written and skills tests: CDL Air Brakes Online Training - $49
That's the eventual plan.

But I'm stationed in WA, and holding on to my AK residency as long as I can.

I'd I find myself in AK for whatever reason I'll see about taking the test. Though finding a truck to test on might be a challenge.

I would shop old DOT trucks or Rail road trucks. Probably your best bet.

But yes it will be easier if you are willing to take an IH. You can find them with cummins 8.3 in them.

Yeah, they're all over the place. But they have IH badges on the grill...
As a mobile mechanic for an International dealer I like that.:grinpimp:

OP, I wouldn't turn down a mechanical DT466 either. Good engines that are simple. I'd be getting air brakes though as they are cheaper to maintain and I think they work better. I assume you're military. Does AK have anyway for military members to do remote testing for your air brake endorsement? I'm in ID but took my driving test for my Class A in WA as the tester was 50 state certified. Also as already mentioned get it registered as a RV which simplifies weigh stations, insurance, and licensing.

Reactions: DMG
Top Back Refresh