What's new

Does anyone else obsessively watch videos like this? Engine arcana.

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUTn...292F8F56F86D13

Also Engine Masters on Motortrend and Engine Power on Powernation.

I love this stuff. I want a 3-on-the-tree '76 F-250 with a stroked 445 FE.

Another one is the Haggerty Buick straight-8 rebuild.

I will never ever rebuild a Buick Straight 8. But man it's fun to watch.

Last edited:
I watched most of the Haggerty Buick vids, just out of sheer curiosity...Seen a few in person and rode in Special with one, but had never seen the insides.

I can watch some of these ,but for the most part I find after about 10 min or so they become very irritating.

"OK guys what we're going to do is drill this hole out because they were too small from the factory."
"This hole is the hole we're going to drill,because it's too small".
"This is the drill we're going to use to drill the hole that is too small".
"We're going to drill this other hole also because it"s too small,also".
And on and on and on ad nauseam.
Christ,just drill the fuckin hole and get it over with.I don't need to be told a 100 times about how your gonna drill the damn hole.

I can watch some of these ,but for the most part I find after about 10 min or so they become very irritating.

"OK guys what we're going to do is drill this hole out because they were too small from the factory."
Christ,just drill the fuckin hole and get it over with.I don't need to be told a 100 times about how your gonna drill the damn hole.

I prefer to watch youtube guys because they just do it

Andrew Camarata comes to mind.

"OK,the job today is we're gonna change the drive motor on this skidsteer"
"Lets get started"

Skid factory
Bad Obsession motorsports
Uncle Tony's garage
Western Truck repair
Cold war motors
Bus Grease Monkey
D3Shooter
Deboss garage
DGHD
Twinstick garage
Scotts speed shop
Watch Wes Work
Almost forgot
Johnathan W who can take a pile of rusty crap and turn it into a hot rod anyone would be proud to own
Mustie1 Who can take any junk small engine he finds on the side of the road and make it run again

Last edited:
Skid factory
Uncle Tony's garage
Western Truck repair
Cold war motors
Bus Grease Monkey
D3Shooter
Deboss garage
DGHD
Twinstick garage
Scotts speed shop
Watch Wes Work
Almost forgot
Johnathan W who can take a pile of rusty crap and turn it into a hot rod anyone would be proud to own
Mustie1 Who can take any junk small engine he finds on the side of the road and make it run again

Yeah there's a handful of them that I try to tune into on a regular basis.

The problem is if I spend too much time watching them,I don't have enough time to get pissed off over all the political bullshit going on:laughing:

Skid factory
Uncle Tony's garage
Western Truck repair
Cold war motors
Bus Grease Monkey
D3Shooter
Deboss garage
DGHD
Twinstick garage
Scotts speed shop
Watch Wes Work
Almost forgot

None of those are even close.

Uncle Tony does literally nothing except smoke and wheeze.

I'd strongly suggest you watch Myvintageiron.

That's not what that channel is about. I'd suggest you watch it.

I'm kind of sad that nobody even watched this channel.

Here he is explaining head work one of the many times.

Here is a guy telling us why you shouldn't accept Out of Box heads.

Now head shops have an interest to go against assembled valves, but the draggers in my town do their own heads, even w/o a flow bench. They tear the springs, valves, guides out of the head and start from zero like it was a raw casting. There's a reason why.

Here's another one about heads

Last edited:
I don’t trust anyone who tells me multiple times that “ Im not out to make any money”

Guy fills the intake but never zooms in to show you the actual leakage? Sure has a “buy my no stick pans cuz they don’t stick” feel to me...,

That's not what that channel is about. I'd suggest you watch it.

I'm kind of sad that nobody even watched this channel.QUOTE}

I did.Go find #3,the start of the rebuild from about 16 min to 30 min on redrilling the oil passage.It is exactly what he did.

Western truck repair is a pretty good one. The guy knows his stuff. He’s taught me a lot of tricks just watching how he tears stuff down. No bullshit or hype. Just goes for it.
Watched the redline one about the straight eight last night. I thought it was pretty good. Showing home they magniflux stuff and sleeve cylinders.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh