What's new

Does anybody want to see tools i use for shock work?

Beat95yj

Rolling 24/7
Member Number
Loc
Redondo Beach
I ordered a couple things to investigate the FOA’s That I said I would evaluate. My girlfriend thought I should’ve done and unboxing and show you what I got and what it is. It’s too late for that but I’m wondering if you guys want to see what I consider minimal tools for a garage guy to work on shocks at home. Or do you guys already all know?

Let me know if you want to see something like that before I tear and do the shocks. I still have a few more things coming and hopefully my old loaner or 2.5 foxes is to compare.

Why NOT?!
there is not doubt a thread out there...
but we can have one here.
my .02

​​

I ordered a couple things to investigate the FOA’s That I said I would evaluate. My girlfriend thought I should’ve done and unboxing and show you what I got and what it is. It’s too late for that but I’m wondering if you guys want to see what I consider minimal tools for a garage guy to work on shocks at home. Or do you guys already all know?

Let me know if you want to see something like that before I tear and do the shocks. I still have a few more things coming and hopefully my old loaner or 2.5 foxes is to compare.

As in rebuilding/re-valving shocks?

Are you planning on revalving them or just breaking into them as a look see? regardless..I'm in. Bring forth da tech!

Are you planning on revalving them or just breaking into them as a look see? regardless..I'm in. Bring forth da tech!

I’m planning on breaking into these but I do have some specialized tools. I’m waiting on a couple more of my favorites to show up, but when they do I will put together either a video or a bunch of pictures and some text.

Last edited:
I’m planning on breaking into these but I do have a lot of specialized tools. I’m waiting on a couple more of my favorites to show up, but when they do I will put together either a video or a bunch of pictures and some text.

More pics of the GF till then ? You know just to hold us all over while you left us in suspense :D

I would like to see everything if it's not to much trouble.

I have a (sort of) decent understanding of how to tune shocks but never attempted it because I figured I needed a bunch of special tools just to get them apart without wrecking them.

This should be good. :smokin:

I actually have no idea of what kind of magic goes on inside a shock or how to unlock it... so of course I'd like to see pics of your girlfriend.

But really I would enjoy a very detailed thread of what you are doing, looking at, and why it's good or bad.

Do it. The more tech on here the better.

Please. I really have no idea what goes on in even the most basic shocks. As I further build the bronco, the only thing am am certain of is my rear shock geometry is all fawked up due to the pinion angle on the axle I have has been turned up, causing the shock angle to be way to extreme. Shes a wild beast on the road.

I actually have no idea of what kind of magic goes on inside a shock or how to unlock it... so of course I'd like to see pics of your girlfriend.

But really I would enjoy a very detailed thread of what you are doing, looking at, and why it's good or bad.

You have my FB. You probably see her as much as I do! :lmao:

Hell you are her friend on Facebook! You settle down she’s mine! :tank:

Last edited:
Definitely. I have some Icons to rebuild for the Tundra prerunner and I want to revalve the 2.0 Foxs on our land cruiser. any insight into tools and what to do will help.

You have my FB. You probably see her as much as I do! :lmao:

Hell you are her friend on Facebook! You settle down she’s mine! :tank:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

yeah I'd say you did alright for your self, her on the otherhand....

Is this going to be something you two can do together or are you going to need outside help?

Meh, all shocks look the same inside.

Except FOA's, they come with free chips.........

if you clamp the vice grips on the top of the shaft it never gets to the seals.

perfectly fine.

Top Back Refresh