What's new

Does anybody want to see tools i use for shock work?

And Frank hit the nail on the head with his theory of how the shaft got bent. Guy I bought the Tracker from had swapped out 12" air shocks for those 16" travel FOA coilovers. They didn't fit the shock tabs so he used a "chainsaw" :lmao: to shave down the spacers to fit. I'm going to guess that the first time he flexed it out that shaft got bent. Not to mention the lower spring cup on that side hit the track bar bracket after about 1" of suspension flex.....

Thats standard practice with FOA shocks. They don't clean the parts well after machining and before assembling them. When Filthy Motorsports did their FOA shock review they found metal shavings and a BUG in the shock oil. With FOA you get what you pay for.

A bug?!?! :lmao:

Cool video, Frank.

Eta, cute dog.

You should glue those jaws on.

Last edited:
You really know how to sweet talk the ladies,Frank.

"You're not covered in shock oil yet"
"Have I ever told you what that stuff smells like?"
"No"
"Well,you're gonna love it"

I wanted to get to taking apart the piston and evaluating it this weekend, but then I went and got a stupid job and so now I have to teach myself CAD by Tuesday. It’s totally on our list of things to do. I’m probably the only guy in the world that has a honey do list for his girlfriend that involves working in the garage. 😛

Will get on it as soon as I am able to. :tank:

Top Back Refresh