What's new

Does anybody want to see tools i use for shock work?

Tease us about tech, thread ends up being guys beating off over ketel one.

Must be chit chat.

Just so you guys know, putting evernoob on your ignore list is even better here. You never even get notified In the thread when he posts. There’s not a gap where the post should be, nothing. You can pretend he never existed, like his family does.

Just so you guys know, putting evernoob on your ignore list is even better here. You never even get notified In the thread when he posts. There’s not a gap where the post should be, nothing. You can pretend he never existed, like his family does.

Yeah, except when some douchecanoe quotes him... :mad3:

He went on the ignore list as soon as I saw his first post... :laughing:

He's too busy playing word ping-pong with Joe_w. They don't have a 3rd person to keep score over there, so they have to split that task as well.

No. Nobody on the web-wheelingest forum on the internet wants to watch someone get all grubby taking apart shocks while we sit in our comfy chairs munching chips.

No. Nobody on the web-wheelingest forum on the internet wants to watch someone get all grubby taking apart shocks while we sit in our comfy chairs munching chips.

I do...... Im almost finished building my short course SxS race car and have tons and tons of shock and suspension related questions i can't really find answers to, and have nobody to ask. Crawling with a live axle 4x4 and jumping a 4WIFS offroad rocket ship are two completely different things. I understand the crawling side, go fast stuff, not so much....

:flipoff2:

I do...... Im almost finished building my short course SxS race car and have tons and tons of shock and suspension related questions i can't really find answers to, and have nobody to ask. Crawling with a live axle 4x4 and jumping a 4WIFS offroad rocket ship are two completely different things. I understand the crawling side, go fast stuff, not so much....

My post is facetious.

The answers you seek are in books. Books are things made out of thin pulped wood that has been smashed into a sheet and dried out. Then people make marks on them with a chemical called ink, these marks are in the shape of letters on your keyboard.

So you can take this book, which has many sheets all pasted together, which has the information, and read it.

Here is one such book that has been popular over the years:

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/advanc...&idiq=39931475

The answers you seek are in books. Books are things made out of thin pulped wood that has been smashed into a sheet and dried out. Then people make marks on them with a chemical called ink, these marks are in the shape of letters on your keyboard.

So you can take this book, which has many sheets all pasted together, which has the information, and read it.

Here is one such book that has been popular over the years:

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/advanc...&idiq=39931475

I read a bunch of "race car" suspension books back in my younger days when we were racing roundy round cars. I understand the geometry, in my own special redneck way, and even basic shock setup on race cars and crawlers, but go fast high flying shit is much different.

I do......

My post is facetious. . .

To be fair, SLOWPOKE's assumption that you were serious was a good one . . .

. . . given your propensity to offer wildly wrong feedback and be a condescending douchebag about it, alternating with starkly contrasting posts containing genuine, rational information & analysis . . . though likely with a heapin' helpin' of douchebaggery.

Maybe get a better harness on your Ass Burgers franchise, or take all the pills in your "Tuesday" pill cup on Tuesdays. Cheeking your pills & spitting 'em out when the orderlies aren't paying attention is not doing you any favors vis-à-vis interfacing with human beings.

Also, next time the orderlies offer double pudding cups at lunch if you volunteer for electroshock testing - take 'em up on it :laughing:

AND THEN?????

Sorry got behind on a few things at home. Going out of town to play trucks this weekend, hopefully we will film it next weekend.

Needed one tool to finish taking them apart, so I went to visited Accutune and get it done. I really have no more excuses than those.

. . . given your propensity to offer wildly wrong feedback and be a condescending douchebag about it, alternating with starkly contrasting posts containing genuine, rational information & analysis . . . though likely with a heapin' helpin' of douchebaggery.

Maybe get a better harness on your Ass Burgers franchise, or take all the pills in your "Tuesday" pill cup on Tuesdays. Cheeking your pills & spitting 'em out when the orderlies aren't paying attention is not doing you any favors vis-à-vis interfacing with human beings.

Also, next time the orderlies offer double pudding cups at lunch if you volunteer for electroshock testing - take 'em up on it :laughing:

You have an unhealthy obsession with me. I'd suggest sitting down with a beer and relaxing.

3f2.jpeg

You have an unhealthy obsession with me.

No, I have no obsession with you. Sorry, you're wrong. Again. Forrest.
I do have an unhealthy obsession with stainless steel, but that's justified because it's badass.
You're like an egg fart in an elevator - unpleasant and unnecessary, but ultimately inconsequential.

I'd suggest . . .
I'd suggest accepting that what you suggest may be disregarded due to source unreliability.
If you were not often disingenuous and irrational, I'd consider considering your suggestion.

PS - if you don't get the joke . . . welp, it's prob'ly you :laughing:

Back in the garage today. Shock fought every step of the way. Its 95+ in the garage so we got it apart, and called it a day.
C954715D-3AF2-4D0D-8DDD-0834340814C1.jpeg

My back is to the bench where we do all the work. Maybe my side? She just finished editing I think.

What is that big sliver? That's like a de-laminated piece of a ring or seal or something. Why would a piece of metal like that be inside of a shock.

What is that big sliver? That's like a de-laminated piece of a ring or seal or something. Why would a piece of metal like that be inside of a shock.

Thats standard practice with FOA shocks. They don't clean the parts well after machining and before assembling them. When Filthy Motorsports did their FOA shock review they found metal shavings and a BUG in the shock oil. With FOA you get what you pay for.

One was aluminum and one was steel, judging by the color. I should’ve tried a magnet on the darker one. I’m wondering if the outer diameter of the piston is a little too proud of the wear band when the wear band is not energized. Oil gets behind the wear band and pushes it into the body of the shock when it is moving, but when it’s not moving it’s not energized. There could be mechanical interference between the OD of the piston and the idea of the tube when the wear band is not energized.

It is definitely not a chip from machining that I have ever seen.

Top Back Refresh