What's new

Dodge Challengers-2010 era

So .....I have been looking. Two camps on these cars. They are either 17-38K and decent. Alot of "I know what I have" kind of people. It looks like a decent, drive it now with good paperwork one is going to start in the upper teens. People who may be priced high, but also have cared for their cars and know some history. Good cars. A few dreamers in the over 20K crowd, but that is ok it is what it is.

The second camp is the salvage title, stickers on the hood, hacked dash for a stereo crowd for 12-14K. Miles are often not high, but likely hard usage. I could definitely smell the "Takeover" or whatever you call it culture.

The title status is not a deal breaker, but I don't think I want to transfer a salvage title from California to Oregon. There is a form etc. and it should work. But not liking spending that much money and there being any question. It probably is easy and I am no stranger to the dmv but it is a concern.

Spring is about here. There will be a pile of em up for sale before long
I did something I have not done in over a decade. I went to a used car lot. I test drove an SRT8 and then sat in a 2015 Camaro SS right afterwards. I owned a Camaro just like that. The Challenger was hands down nicer, easier to get in and out of and much more comfortable. It may have some shortcomings for performance but it was not worth it for me. I am not racing it. If it were one or the other, I would buy the Challenger myself although the Camaro I owned never did me wrong.

Not in a huge hurry. Every single SRT8 under 20K around here has a dirty title, or the wrong color etc.

I may just stick with my older cars since I have a couple already.

I did get to drive a 72 Chevelle which was pretty cool. Made me question my Mopar loyalties..... I really liked that car.

Noooooo. I never woulda guessed that :lmao:

Medford/GP area isnt any easier on cars :flipoff2:
Worse. I am in Portland on SE82nd lol. It was a nice car and honestly a better deal than most. But wrong color and it just wasn't the one. I have alot of cars I drive so no hurry. I did learn alot about them so that was good.

Check if your insurance will write a full coverage policy on a salvage title. Most won't. And you want full coverage because it's probably going to get stolen.

Buddy of mine had his stolen twice from the parking garage at work. After the first time he put some high dollar alarm on it. The second time, that high dollar alarm just notified him that his shit just got stolen again. :lmao:

After they recovered it the second time, they fixed the damage and he went from the body shop to a dealer and traded it in.

What kind of " fast" are you looking for. For me the camaro/stang/challanger are all just hootrad/f-boi kinda cars. Like hey looooooook at me, i have a small dick.

I get way more geeked out at Impala PPV, pontiac G8, CTS-v, etc.

Shoot even a nasty v8 charger would impress me more.

I used to think these were pretty neat. But then I got older, I realized that SRT8s were fast in 2010, but are 2024-slow: (4.8 0-60) compared to a mundane Tesla (4.2 0-60) or a Rivian (3 sec 0-60). Since they're fat pigs and can't handle well, if straight line speed isn't a bragging right, it's not nearly as cool as I once thought it was.

Now they're mostly relegated to buy-here-pay-here lots and admired by the "takeover" crowd, or the "what's a credit score" crowd. They're not unique in any respect as they've been on the same body style for 12 years, but at the end of the day, if it floats your boat, go for it.

Check if your insurance will write a full coverage policy on a salvage title. Most won't. And you want full coverage because it's probably going to get stolen.

Buddy of mine had his stolen twice from the parking garage at work. After the first time he put some high dollar alarm on it. The second time, that high dollar alarm just notified him that his shit just got stolen again. :lmao:

After they recovered it the second time, they fixed the damage and he went from the body shop to a dealer and traded it in.
My insurance said they would cover me for full coverage after they look it over. The car was a theft recovery. According to my insurance they rarely have a car that they won't insure if they look it over. He said something about not being aware of any title brands that were hard no can do's.

What kind of " fast" are you looking for. For me the camaro/stang/challanger are all just hootrad/f-boi kinda cars. Like hey looooooook at me, i have a small dick.

I get way more geeked out at Impala PPV, pontiac G8, CTS-v, etc.

Shoot even a nasty v8 charger would impress me more.
Lotsa hate on these cars. I live in an area so rural people die of exposure. I had to look at a takeover on Youtube to see what it was. I just wanted a v8 stick car to drive to work. ZERO interest in being cool etc. I kinda like them...

That's your problem. 90% of the car lots on 82nd are shithole lots. Most are well used or have bad titles, that's why they are usually cheaper.
Yes. I am from WA/OR my whole life. Been hearing and seeing bad things on 82nd since I was a child. When I started looking at the car I did not know that he was affiliated with a car lot. Details don't matter but he apparently hustles cars for some guy and they front them on the lot. That was somewhat OK with me, he had me meet him at the lot but all the ads etc. were private party sounding and appearing. Whatever.

I used to think these were pretty neat. But then I got older, I realized that SRT8s were fast in 2010, but are 2024-slow: (4.8 0-60) compared to a mundane Tesla (4.2 0-60) or a Rivian (3 sec 0-60). Since they're fat pigs and can't handle well, if straight line speed isn't a bragging right, it's not nearly as cool as I once thought it was.

Now they're mostly relegated to buy-here-pay-here lots and admired by the "takeover" crowd, or the "what's a credit score" crowd. They're not unique in any respect as they've been on the same body style for 12 years, but at the end of the day, if it floats your boat, go for it.
For a V8 muscle car to drive to work once in awhile and take a trip they are fine. But yes, some pretty mundane cars are getting close in terms of performance. I was looking for a reasonable performance car I could pay cash for. Think I found it. We shall see. Not an SRT8.

Top Back Refresh