What's new

Documenting my kids mx career on irate

2big bronco

Og irate
Member Number
Loc
Prunedale ca
28 months is old enough right?

Told my son Rowdy last night that he was finally getting his first motorcycle because he has been doing so good learning throttle controll sitting on the tank of my 50.
He says "I'm a motorcycle man!"
And I say "oh yeah, are you going to be a motorcycle racer?"
To witch he looks all puzzled and says "do motorcycle racers get boobies?"

I about died laughing.

Anyhow I went and dumped to much money on a stacyc12 today and he got his first ride. This video is about 2 minutes into riding it

Watch "Rowdys 1st ride 28months" on YouTube

Anyhow I plan on tossing new videos up every couple days so I can look back on them somewhere and dont lose them with my phone

Last edited:
Thats awesome!

All 3 of ours love their strider bikes. They learn balance so much faster. I really want to get one of those electric units. Let me know how you like it.

I do know a friend who got their kid one, they said the battery sucks, and are going to replace it with some M18 batteries.

Where did you get that? I need to be the best uncle/worst brother...

They are not cheap but the quality is a lot better then I expected. The batterey it comes with is a 20v 2.0ah which for now seems fine. They sell a 5.0 which he will probably get for Christmas.
it has 3 power settings and an actual throttle which is nice. Right now it's on level 1 which is good for 5mph and will spin the tire and pitch him sideways if he grabs to much. Level 3 goes 10mph.

Anyway here is thier little promo video

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAF6BAgBEAM&usg=AOvVaw1UlLfSzI0fumWXgpOwc3Dl

Those are cool. We have a strider bike, now you’ve got me thinking about putting a cordless drill on it. They have foam tires, so a curved rubber roller would probably have enough grip on it just running direct. 3 speed drill with a throttle cable working the trigger via a pulley. :smokin:

Those batteries look extremely similar to Dewalt’s also.

Last edited:
That is fucking awesome, wife made me wait until my son was 4 to get him a bike, he's now almost 7 and a little ripper. Nothing makes me smile like seeing my son ride.

28 months is old enough right?

Told my son Rowdy last night that he was finally getting his first motorcycle because he has been doing so good learning throttle controll sitting on the tank of my 50.

Hell yeah! Whatever you did to teach throttle control is magic. We have some friends who work at stacyc and they convinced me to get our kid one at 27 months(back on oct 2019). His first time did not go nearly as well as that. It took until about 3 weeks ago before I finally got him to come to terms with throttle modulation.

We've got him on the intermediate setting now, so he has to wear his "big helmet", and he's getting hard to keep up with on my mountain bike going up hill. If you ever want another little homie for him to ride with, hit me up. Toro Park off of Highway 68 has some pretty cool little kid-friendly single track.

maCbRFwh.jpg

vVT9gg1h.jpg

Hell yeah! Whatever you did to teach throttle control is magic. We have some friends who work at stacyc and they convinced me to get our kid one at 27 months(back on oct 2019). His first time did not go nearly as well as that. It took until about 3 weeks ago before I finally got him to come to terms with throttle modulation.

We've got him on the intermediate setting now, so he has to wear his "big helmet", and he's getting hard to keep up with on my mountain bike going up hill. If you ever want another little homie for him to ride with, hit me up. Toro Park off of Highway 68 has some pretty cool little kid-friendly single track.

Awsome. I'm way out of shape and have been wanting a mountain bike so this may be the excuse. I'm already planning on making him a big track over here and you guys are welcome whenever.

Are his hands big enough to reach the brakes?

im going to take him over to hollister later this morning so he can ride around the little kids tracks and watch other people ride

Awsome. I'm way out of shape and have been wanting a mountain bike so this may be the excuse. I'm already planning on making him a big track over here and you guys are welcome whenever.

Are his hands big enough to reach the brakes?

im going to take him over to hollister later this morning so he can ride around the little kids tracks and watch other people ride

There's a reach adjustment set screw on the brake lever to move it closer to the bar. The hard part is getting it far enough in, with enough tension on the cable, that the brake isn't dragging, but it still grabs when you pull it. We moved it far enough in that he could reach the brake with 3 fingers, and he's doing alright with that. He still death grips through the rough stuff and has to think about putting his fingers on the brake when he needs to stop, so the reaction time isn't there yet. I think once his hands get bigger, it'll get easier.

The wife got an ebike to ride while she was preggo, so she could still hang up the hills with all her friends. If you're into that sort of thing, it's badass and you can still get in shape with it, just depends on how hard you want to ride. I borrowed it Sunday when my whole house was sleeping and busted out 1700 feet of climbing in 10 miles and back down in 39 minutes. I got a little bit less of a workout than I would have if I rode it on my regular bike, but not by much... and I averaged something silly like 14 mph.

I would definitely take you up on the track idea. Would even be up to help you build one if needed. Kid needs to learn how to hit berms.

We were up at Prarie City for a 4x4 thing back in December and took our little dude over to the kiddy track. Ran into an unforeseen issue where he was the only one who didn't have a gas motor and wouldn't ride because his bike didn't make noise. Actually had a toddler meltdown over it. I think on the medium setting the stacyc MIGHT be able to hang with a PW50, and it definitely would in the fast setting, apparently my kid won't ride with gas bikes unless he has a gas bike even though he won't fit on one yet#firstworldproblems.

We were up at Prarie City for a 4x4 thing back in December and took our little dude over to the kiddy track. Ran into an unforeseen issue where he was the only one who didn't have a gas motor and wouldn't ride because his bike didn't make noise. Actually had a toddler meltdown over it. I think on the medium setting the stacyc MIGHT be able to hang with a PW50, and it definitely would in the fast setting, apparently my kid won't ride with gas bikes unless he has a gas bike even though he won't fit on one yet#firstworldproblems.

That's funny. My kid keeps pointing and asking if there is a motor in there.

Is that the fox v1 helmet? Did you get it for him locally? My kids got a fat head so I'm scared of ordering online without him trying them on

That's funny. My kid keeps pointing and asking if there is a motor in there.

Is that the fox v1 helmet? Did you get it for him locally? My kids got a fat head so I'm scared of ordering online without him trying them on

yep, it's the fox v1 (size YS 47-48). Got it at Cycle Stop on Abbot street. The guy there was super chill and let my kid try a bunch on. This was pre-COVID, so not sure what the try-on policy is now, but worth a shot. We got his right around 2 years old and I think it was the smallest helmet they had in stock. The opening at the bottom is noticeably smaller than the rest of the helmet, so you sort of have to help pull the sides out a little to get them on. Life got waaay better when he started helping pull it down on his own head.

I got my boys the mx350 and sx500 razor electric dirt bikes. For how cheap they are they are pretty decent. My little guys must have 500+ miles on those thing ripping around the pit.

I told my wife we need to get these for our kids while they are young so the learn how to crash. That way when they are 15-16 and are showing off for the girls they can handle it lol.

you should get a sx500 for your self. That ones is big enough to cart my fat ass around. That way he can grow into it lol.

that Stacyc bike is badass, kids a ripper!

i'm about to cut up a mx350 razor bike to lower it. his balance bike is at 15.5" the razor is at 19". i hate to hack it up but i dont see him transitioning to a power bike that big very easy. currently the wife and him ride it together trying to learn throttle control.

or... maybe get him the stacyc bike for his 3rd b-day in late july. i'm a cheap ass and have so far found every toy for under $50. i did spend another $50 to get new wheels for his quad he loves burning them up, whipping shitties.

there's a group of us with xr50's and lt80 type bikes, every so often we all end up at my place and 'stunt' a couple of the guys are really good... the kids go absolutely ape shit, we take them on rides and such. its a damn good time. when wifey had a lady taking pregnancy pictures, or whtever they are called, she agreed to get one with me on the lt80 having some fun, haha. of course i got it framed.
View attachment 4-XInK_v9m3fs30poWjQuf_O9aAzGoytXveJ-BhoqSBMPKoDKNMtrn5lUKAb-clND36aFSJIaMK4HFP0805OsGtthILTlD-ujQsO

not sure how to do video, but this is the kid burning tires on the m18 quad.
https://www.facebook.com/39203195/vi...2223925303053/

Last edited:
filedata/fetch?id=48575&d=1592948181

Good call on the helmet place. They actually had another brand that was about 1/2 the weight of the fox and fit him a little better in a medium. We spent the day out at hollister with him ridding the mini area and ended with him doing 2 laps on the tt track. The wife was really not into having her picture taken a week after giving birth, haha.

20200623_121333.jpg

Last edited:

Good call on the helmet place. They actually had another brand that was about 1/2 the weight of the fox and fit him a little better in a medium. We spent the day out at hollister with him ridding the mini area and ended with him doing 2 laps on the tt track. The wife was really not into having her picture taken a week after giving birth, haha.

Tell your wife your creepy internet friends say she looks good for two weeks out. Also how do all kids know exactly Wyden to close their eyes for a picture?

that Stacyc bike is badass, kids a ripper!

i'm about to cut up a mx350 razor bike to lower it. his balance bike is at 15.5" the razor is at 19". i hate to hack it up but i dont see him transitioning to a power bike that big very easy. currently the wife and him ride it together trying to learn throttle control.

or... maybe get him the stacyc bike for his 3rd b-day in late july. i'm a cheap ass and have so far found every toy for under $50. i did spend another $50 to get new wheels for his quad he loves burning them up, whipping shitties.

there's a group of us with xr50's and lt80 type bikes, every so often we all end up at my place and 'stunt' a couple of the guys are really good... the kids go absolutely ape shit, we take them on rides and such. its a damn good time. when wifey had a lady taking pregnancy pictures, or whtever they are called, she agreed to get one with me on the lt80 having some fun, haha. of course i got it framed.

not sure how to do video, but this is the kid burning tires on the m18 quad.
https://www.facebook.com/39203195/vi...2223925303053/

Both your wife and 2bb's wife are way too hot for y'all :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh