What's new

Documenting my kids mx career on irate

My 4yo is outgrowing his 12" Stacyc and getting a 16" Stacyc for Christmas. He currently wears a full face BMX helmet and gloves. Sometimes knee pads. He rides the same places, at the same speeds, and crashes about as often/hard on his pedal bike as he does his Stacyc. He just wears a bike helmet on his pedal bike.

Should I be getting him MX boots? What gear do your kids wear on their Stacyc?
My kid should probably wear a full face style MX helmet but he’s in the same helmet he wore on his pedal bike.

Turns out a full battery on yellow speed is closed to 10 mph. I was doing a 6:30 mile pace as my kid was pulling away and I asked him to slow down a bit. I think top speed will push 15 mph. Maybe at this point I’ll make him wear ankle boots.

We still have the XR50 I bought my son when he was 4 (10 years ago), and the TRX90 quad we bought a couple years later. Both of those machines have taught countless kids and adults how to pilot an atv in my back yard. In fact, the little XR wasn't even in our possession for about 3 years before we got it back from a friend of mine, and then went right back out on loan again to another buddy so his daughter could give it a go.

I bought that little XR for $500, and I know I could get that now if I put it up for sale, but it makes me so happy to keep it as a loaner so my friend's and family's kids have something to learn on.
Been doing the same with my Suzuki 185 that was mine as a kid. It's obviously too big for my kid, but does no good sitting in the shed. My friends son is currently riding it.

We still have the XR50 I bought my son when he was 4 (10 years ago), and the TRX90 quad we bought a couple years later. Both of those machines have taught countless kids and adults how to pilot an atv in my back yard. In fact, the little XR wasn't even in our possession for about 3 years before we got it back from a friend of mine, and then went right back out on loan again to another buddy so his daughter could give it a go.

I bought that little XR for $500, and I know I could get that now if I put it up for sale, but it makes me so happy to keep it as a loaner so my friend's and family's kids have something to learn on.

hell yeah, we have a mini fleet now.

tri zinger 60, pw50, crf50, kdx50, and an lt80 that i mostly chase them around on. everyone bought for 500 or under. got a pretty decent fleet of electric bikes too.

so the kids friends can ride too. they get barrowed all the time. as the kids out grow them i know they will be loaned out for longer or just given away. the first two, the zinger and the pw where given to us for free.

gotta get the kids outta the house and dirty!
shit, i also saw that Harry errr Sandy... um Mr. Johnson Sandy Johnson recommended a cheap r/c in the christmas gift thread. never really did r/c but i couldn't help but open it up and play with it when it got here. its awesome, so now ive got more ordered for each kid. i have blown the hell out of the Christmas budget:emb: oh well its fun, outside in the sun as it should be.

Top Back Refresh