What's new

Documenting my kids mx career on irate

shit, i aint telling the old lady about any creepy interweb peeps. she thinks my buddies in real life are crazy enough. plus she thinks i'm working when i'm on here, the jig would be up!

2bb- your wife looks great, and is a champ! unbelievable only one week. no way i would have gotten mine out of the house that soon. we didn't even go camping together until my oldest was almost 2yo, youngest not yet 1yo, and i had to buy a camper. ours are 14mo apart.

Back to the Stacyc bike-
looks like i'm buying one too.

being heavily invested into the m18 battery line i dont want to have another set of batteries, it looks to me like they use the dewalt dcb200 or dcb205 batteries. i've found an adapter i think will work for $40 or i might just go with the $14 battery dock and modify it.

2bb- have you looked into the batteries at all? any way you could confirm if they use the dewalt batteries?

obviously hoping to use the m18 batteries i contacted the Stacyc people and asked about buying one sans battery and charger, thought it was a long shot.....
but, they got back to me and said $450. i'm sold.

this is the adapter i'm looking at;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N2W443...v_ov_lig_dp_it

shit, i aint telling the old lady about any creepy interweb peeps. she thinks my buddies in real life are crazy enough. plus she thinks i'm working when i'm on here, the jig would be up!

2bb- your wife looks great, and is a champ! unbelievable only one week. no way i would have gotten mine out of the house that soon. we didn't even go camping together until my oldest was almost 2yo, youngest not yet 1yo, and i had to buy a camper. ours are 14mo apart.

Back to the Stacyc bike-
looks like i'm buying one too.

being heavily invested into the m18 battery line i dont want to have another set of batteries, it looks to me like they use the dewalt dcb200 or dcb205 batteries. i've found an adapter i think will work for $40 or i might just go with the $14 battery dock and modify it.

2bb- have you looked into the batteries at all? any way you could confirm if they use the dewalt batteries?

obviously hoping to use the m18 batteries i contacted the Stacyc people and asked about buying one sans battery and charger, thought it was a long shot.....
but, they got back to me and said $450. i'm sold.

this is the adapter i'm looking at;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N2W443...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Pretty sure they are not but I have all dewalt stuff and can go check right now

Very close but depth is different and tabs/slots do not line up. I know they make receivers for m18 battereys with just wires hanging out. Mount and wire in one of those and you would be good to go.

In reality though even the 2.0 batterey it comes with is decent. My kid rode off and on between eating pizza for a couple hours and it did not die. Probably at least 2-3miles

Last edited:
i was hoping plug and play, oh well. just ordered one of the ones with mount and wire.

i have to switch, or buy extra batteries. we regularly go thru 2 m18 9.0's in his powerwheel, maybe we'll go further now when he gets the bike. we're surrounded by Deception Pass state park, theres a ton of easy trails to kill batteries on. a buddy of mine says he gets 3miles out of a 9.0 in his kids powerwheel, the distance the trail they take from his place to his parents and back.

thanks for checking! would've been kicking myself

i was hoping plug and play, oh well. just ordered one of the ones with mount and wire.

i have to switch, or buy extra batteries. we regularly go thru 2 m18 9.0's in his powerwheel, maybe we'll go further now when he gets the bike. we're surrounded by Deception Pass state park, theres a ton of easy trails to kill batteries on. a buddy of mine says he gets 3miles out of a 9.0 in his kids powerwheel, the distance the trail they take from his place to his parents and back.

thanks for checking! would've been kicking myself

So far I've done about 4 miles worth of trails (hills and sand and everything) with my kid before the small battery died, so I'm actually pretty happy with the stacyc version. Was thinking I might buy one more to take with me and swap in on longer stuff. I have also heard from the stacyc reps that the new brushless motor in the 16" version actually uses less power.

So far I've done about 4 miles worth of trails (hills and sand and everything) with my kid before the small battery died, so I'm actually pretty happy with the stacyc version. Was thinking I might buy one more to take with me and swap in on longer stuff. I have also heard from the stacyc reps that the new brushless motor in the 16" version actually uses less power.

brushless is no doubt better. i thkn they claim 20% on bat life. but in any case, its $450 (actually paid this morning was 504.xx with shipping and tax) if i went with their batteries i'd be in 700+ and then i think 170+ for extra battery. so that puts me at conservatively $400+ more than using what i already have, almost double the cost. i'm not sure how many m18 batteries i have but its more than i want to count, three chargers in the shop and another in the weld rig, make it dumb not to use them.

not to mention $200 for a charger and 2ah battery is tarded, and 170 for a 5ah battery even more so. i'd be willing to bet they make more money off battery sales than the bikes. even if i didnt have batteries already, like i said before i'm a cheap ass. i would never pay for Stacyc batteries knowing the insane cost.

batteries are a higly competive market, i think stacyc would be better off selling the bike at the higher price point with option of battery receptacle. i mean everyone has a cordless kit.

brushless is no doubt better. i thkn they claim 20% on bat life. but in any case, its $450 (actually paid this morning was 504.xx with shipping and tax) if i went with their batteries i'd be in 700+ and then i think 170+ for extra battery. so that puts me at conservatively $400+ more than using what i already have, almost double the cost. i'm not sure how many m18 batteries i have but its more than i want to count, three chargers in the shop and another in the weld rig, make it dumb not to use them.

not to mention $200 for a charger and 2ah battery is tarded, and 170 for a 5ah battery even more so. i'd be willing to bet they make more money off battery sales than the bikes. even if i didnt have batteries already, like i said before i'm a cheap ass. i would never pay for Stacyc batteries knowing the insane cost.

batteries are a higly competive market, i think stacyc would be better off selling the bike at the higher price point with option of battery receptacle. i mean everyone has a cordless kit.

I hear you. I was just mentioning that with a 3 year old at least, I don't see a need for more than 1 or 2 batteries. Their attention span and stamina is shorter than the burn time on even 1 small battery pack so far. Maybe if he gets bigger and we go boondock somewhere on vacation that I couldn't charge for a few days...

For those looking to DIY a battery solution before buying one of the stacycs first, here's what their battery interfaces looks like(there seems to be some extra pins to do more than just + - on the bike side):
6XOZHJhl.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	6XOZHJhl.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	52630

xhzM8Ggl.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	xhzM8Ggl.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.4 KB ID:	52631

xD2s5cil.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	xD2s5cil.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.7 KB ID:	52632

Last edited:
Where's the ramp for the strider/PW50 doing sweet jumps? Document the spaceman coming back to earth- :grinpimp:

Stop giving kids pw50s. It teaches them hand brakes, and when they're small enough to start riding, they can barely pull the lever hard enough to stop anyway.

That said, awesome! My guy has gone from his little kdx to a ttr50.

Is there anything comparable to a pw size-wise? Most 50s were still too big for my kid

Stop giving kids pw50s. It teaches them hand brakes, and when they're small enough to start riding, they can barely pull the lever hard enough to stop anyway.

That said, awesome! My guy has gone from his little kdx to a ttr50.

My kid has to have a low height seat on the pw to even touch. Anything else is at least has at least a 3-4" higher seat before the low seat.

the kids bikes have crazy prices and are hard to find. even new.

i started looking when the kids where born. thankfully i've been able to get my kids bikes for free or under $500. the most recent purchase is a kdx50 for $400... ran great thought it needed a clutch, but its a broken shift drum, so gotta split the case. he's still got a while before leaving the pw to sister and getting on the kdx. after the kdx (its bigger than the pw and you can open them up to 2 gears) he'll be on a crf 50 then a bigger ktm 50. bought the ktm but still haven't picked it up or even seen it yet, i hope its good.

Funny you posted this today. I literally just told my wife that your son is already rocking out on a Yamaha 50 while my son is begging for a dirtbike and my wife said "oh I wasnt actually gonna let him ride a dirtbike". I actually laughed out loud and said she must be crazy if she thinks shes gonna stop me from buying him dirtbikes :laughing:.

Funny you posted this today. I literally just told my wife that your son is already rocking out on a Yamaha 50 while my son is begging for a dirtbike and my wife said "oh I wasnt actually gonna let him ride a dirtbike". I actually laughed out loud and said she must be crazy if she thinks shes gonna stop me from buying him dirtbikes :laughing:.

Find a seconed hand 16" brushless stacyc to break your kid and wife into it. The look like an innocent ballance bike but haul ass and teach basic handling and throttle control. Plus they are silent and can be ridden anywhere

Find a seconed hand 16" brushless stacyc to break your kid and wife into it. The look like an innocent ballance bike but haul ass and teach basic handling and throttle control. Plus they are silent and can be ridden anywhere
2nd this. Great way to start em out and they can ride them all sorts of place people don't let motos go... like the local park.

Well, I was gonna go with a Razor dirtbike since the reviews seem to be decent. They're just shy of 50lbs, so Im pretty sure he cant pick it up, but he's done great with learning to ride his bicycle with no training wheels because he started on a stryder.

I only want to go electric because Im not home during the week and mom with a gas engine is a bad idea.

Well, I was gonna go with a Razor dirtbike since the reviews seem to be decent. They're just shy of 50lbs, so Im pretty sure he cant pick it up, but he's done great with learning to ride his bicycle with no training wheels because he started on a stryder.

I only want to go electric because Im not home during the week and mom with a gas engine is a bad idea.
The stacyc is about a million times better than the razor. It's not even close.

My 2 1/2 year old learned to stand up on his push bike because he was doing it on his 12" stacyc first.

The stacyc is about a million times better than the razor. It's not even close.

My 2 1/2 year old learned to stand up on his push bike because he was doing it on his 12" stacyc first.
x2

rasor throttle is either on or off. not more power as you twist like any realistic control. we have one, a m350 i think, kid only rides it because its the only one he can operate 100% by himself . but, they suck. he needs help with the stacyc battery, and can start the pw but needs help getting it off the kick stand.

the rasor is enough of a slow, bad to ride, pos i dont mind him riding it when i dont know where he is. he wont go far. i keep an eye out when he's on the other bikes.

Top Back Refresh