What's new

Do you regret getting the vaccine?

Well alright then. We definitely have differing opinions on freedom of speech. Enjoy your day
Let me clarify. On an individual personal level. Not on a corporate level. One business should not be able to lie about another business. But an individual should be able to say what they please. I also dont have a problem with business communities publishing lists of know lairs in their community. For the last 24 years the office of POTUS has been dangerously close to slandering all who dont favor their policies. Why should the average citizen not have the same freedom?

Let me clarify. On an individual personal level. Not on a corporate level. One business should not be able to lie about another business. But an individual should be able to say what they please. I also dont have a problem with business communities publishing lists of know lairs in their community. For the last 24 years the office of POTUS has been dangerously close to slandering all who dont favor their policies. Why should the average citizen not have the same freedom?
well... one could argue that slander and libel are not victimless crimes. They can destroy a career, family, etc. And the last thing we need is to give the media more power over the citizen - and that's what your idea would also enable.

Perhaps we'd be better off applying the same laws to the elite that we apply to the commoner....

well... one could argue that slander and libel are not victimless crimes. They can destroy a career, family, etc. And the last thing we need is to give the media more power over the citizen - and that's what your idea would also enable.

Perhaps we'd be better off applying the same laws to the elite that we apply to the commoner....
They already do that on a abusive level. It’s nothing new. Virtually every legacy media outlet is left to far left and constantly slanders the right. Nothing will change in that regard. Most all modern media outlets YT, FB, Twitter, instawhore and the rest are left as well and are openly censoring the right. Once again nothing will change.

Look we all knew facebook was censoring post that didnt toe the line but it was assumed it was their decision to do so. Many stopped using the platform for that reason. Some suspected that the government was involved behind the scenes but most of us blew that off. Now that the government has admitted it the problem has been put on the main stage The problem isnt facebook censorship, the problem is government influenced/directed censorship. Its pure fascism.
I'm assuming you're talking about Facebook censoring misinformation,..? Are they really censoring it? From what I've seen, they really sensor certain things like threats of violence, but misinformation just gets labeled as such. I haven't seen it lately as I don't have a lot of nut cases in my friend list (the one I did have spent the last year in my "pause" jail, because holy shit dude, and then his account went poof), but what I did see, I was free to click through and read the flagged content, and sure enough, it deserved the flag :laughing: Anyway, tagging something for what it is is not quite the same as censorship.

I'm assuming you're talking about Facebook censoring misinformation,..? Are they really censoring it? From what I've seen, they really sensor certain things like threats of violence, but misinformation just gets labeled as such. I haven't seen it lately as I don't have a lot of nut cases in my friend list (the one I did have spent the last year in my "pause" jail, because holy shit dude, and then his account went poof), but what I did see, I was free to click through and read the flagged content, and sure enough, it deserved the flag :laughing: Anyway, tagging something for what it is is not quite the same as censorship.
I am talking about the government telling a private business what to censor. As to misinformation the government has flip flopped and doubled down oN so much wrong regarding this virus I would say they are leading the misinformation campaign. Just the amount of times Fauchi has said vaccines mean no mask or even vaccinated you need a mask. And masks work and masks dont work.

actually, yes... they are indeed censoring things that do not tow the line. Many friends have received vacations for things the bump-up-against their new position on covid, 1/6 protest, trump.

I guess, by asking the same questions....
Are they ubiquitous communications platforms?
Do they have the same incubation and acceptance experience as the other platforms?
Do they have the same impact as Radio/TV/telephones?

The answer may be "no." But the parallels are there.

I am talking about the government telling a private business what to censor. As to misinformation the government has flip flopped and doubled down oN so much wrong regarding this virus I would say they are leading the misinformation campaign. Just the amount of times Fauchi has said vaccines mean no mask or even vaccinated you need a mask. And masks work and masks dont work.
Except, again, you don't actually know what the government is telling FB, or even IF it's telling FB.

The misinformation from the government has been a symptom of not knowing and going with what we know about other viruses in an attept to keep people safe. It's not called a novel virus for nothing. Knowledge changes over time. Welcome to reality. Also, stupid mistakes were made (like closing outdoor spaces).

Masks always worked. They certainly aren't the magic bullet that many people (idiots) obviously thought them to be.

You forgot about the surface transmission thing. That one boggles my mind. First we were told the virus could remain viable and contageous on a dry surface for... hours? Was it days? And now we're told it doesn't transmit that way. We manufactured how many millions of gallons of hand sanitizer for what, nothing? I really have no clue how we got that one so apparently wrong. Maybe the ethanol lobby is to blame :laughing:

I guess, by asking the same questions....
Are they ubiquitous communications platforms?
Do they have the same incubation and acceptance experience as the other platforms?
Do they have the same impact as Radio/TV/telephones?

The answer may be "no." But the parallels are there.
I meant how is the The Biggest Antenna problem relevant to social media :laughing:

I meant how is the The Biggest Antenna problem relevant to social media :laughing:

Given that AWS shut down Parlor and FB tends to buy competition (and has a defacto lock on the market), perhaps?

So there's a good point. With a caveat... if the government is coercing or even just asking, then the gov't has over stepped. And... if the government is encouraging with the threat of regulation, then they are using the power of extortion.

Flip side... if these media outlets are doing this 100% on their own, they should at least be asked/required to be upfront about it.
Wrong -ish. The government is supposed to protect our rights and force the platforms to let us all be heard.
Quite the opposite is happening today.

What is your profession? Is it something that is in high demand and you’ll be able to pick up where you left off as far as advancement elsewhere, or is it something remedial that you can just do anywhere like assembly in a factory?

I can see where it’s worth getting the jab to someone that’s been in their career for 25+ years and has advanced well, instead of having to start all over again elsewhere.

I’m not in favor of getting the shot, but if my company says we have to I will give it some serious thought before I just walk away from where I’ve progressed to after 27 years in my career.
I am a shop foreman on a diesel repair shop. I have other useable skills too. I have been in my career for about 10 years now. Sorry, but no employer is going to force my hand on this vaccination subject. I don't care if I have been there 10 years of 50 years, if a vaccination is a requirement of employment, I'm gone. I'll figure something else out. It's just a job, there are plenty more where this one came from.

I am a shop foreman on a diesel repair shop. I have other useable skills too. I have been in my career for about 10 years now. Sorry, but no employer is going to force my hand on this vaccination subject. I don't care if I have been there 10 years of 50 years, if a vaccination is a requirement of employment, I'm gone. I'll figure something else out. It's just a job, there are plenty more where this one came from.
Your only worry is the sheer size of the company and corporate's possible lack of insight into the different facets of the operation beyond office work and customer service. Your skill set, however, translates to dozens of other local facilities that DGAF about masks, or shots, or what the outside world thinks.

This is my take on things. Hospitals are a business. You build and man on a "ho-hum" year. Over build and you loose money out the ass. So to increase profits, you run a hospital close to max occupancy. Empty beds are a big looser! People manning empty beds are just fucking stupid.
If we were to teach this shit in school; this "Rona" thingy would be behind us. :smokin:

This is my take on things. Hospitals are a business. You build and man on a "ho-hum" year. Over build and you loose money out the ass. So to increase profits, you run a hospital close to max occupancy. Empty beds are a big looser! People manning empty beds are just fucking stupid.
If we were to teach this shit in school; this "Rona" thingy would be behind us. :smokin:
You're right there. Most hospitals don't have a ton of ICU beds because normally patients are in them for a short time and either recover enough to be moved out of the ICU or they die. I think our local hospital has something like 7 ICU beds. When we had a family friend in the ICU at Stanford, I think they had 11 beds.

The other facet of this is that people in the ICU require a crapload more staff, equipment, doctors, etc. running 24/7, hence the "intensive care" part. I'm not sure most hospitals could afford to run more beds of that nature.

I think with COVID, most that are hospitalized end up in the ICU due to the severity of their symptoms. When COVID first hit here, our local hospital had to spin up something like 20 more ICU beds. They converted a floor at the hospital just for that.

So basically when you hear about hospitals running out of capacity, they're generally not talking about their regular beds, they're talking about the ICU and they most likely only had a handful to start with.

I didnt say there should not be consequences. But free speech is free speech. Blanket laws only protect the powerful. The press slanders people every day. The “twitter wars” are pure slander most of the time but nothing happens to those that do it.
Just like yelling fire. If nobody gets hurt and you dont draw any attention they will be hard pressed to charge you with an actual crime. you may be arrested but the odds of being convicted of authing with no victim is very very low.

You are completely responsible for what you say. However damages should have to be proven by the accuser. Not my business wont be successful now because tom said my work is shit.

Bump. Yes.

Pfizer vax installed 8-6. Drowsiness etc felt that evening as expected, no big deal.

8-7 Congestion, sneezing and light cough begin, worsening significantly until Minor med visit on 8-10. By then I am hacking up a lung, can't sleep, can't hardly hear.

Diagnosed with bronchitis and an ear infection, similar symptons as my 5mo old had a week or so. OK, I buy that.

Today 8-12, could taste lunch but can't taste dinner. Tested with a taco bell hot sauce packet, a reeces cup, and an IPA. Nothing.

I know that the Pfizer is allegedly not supposed to have any side effects like that, but nothing is to be taken at face value anymore. I do not believe this is a coincidence, as I have had zero exposure. There is no way that I dodged this shit for a year and a half working in EMS and it happens to show up the day after I get the jab. No fucking way.

Update: PCA test taken 8-10 results just came back as negative. Two rapid tests show negative. :shaking:

Last edited:
I don't know of anyone that had the freak taste loss as a vaccine side effect. I think you got the covid dude.

:confused:

I think I did too. I used to work with nurses who moonlighted on COVID floors all around town and didn't get it. My wife has worked on COVID patients, didn't get it. Nowadays I go to work (me and one other dude), I come back, and repeat. I don't even go to the fawking grocery store, that shit gets delivered. Only because I hate dealing with locals.

I get the shot and symptoms show up in like 14 hours from other exposure? No way josé

Top Back Refresh