What's new

Do you have a primary care?

woods

I probably did it wrong.
Member Number
My PCP is retiring. He was alright I guess.

You exercise regularly?
No.

Still eating like shit?
Yes.

Still don't drink?
Nope. Don't drink.

Still a non-smoker?
Yep.

Need any pills?
Nope.

Ok. Sign here. See you next year.

That sums up my physicals. Total waste of time if you ask me. I have to pick a new one, and I have crazy cat ladies, an old hag, and three dudes that look like they shouldn't be within 75' of a school or Chuck E Cheese. I'm thinking just not deal with it.

Anyone else not bother?

Dont know ive ever been to the doctor unless there was something urgent that needed fixen.
That's the point that I've been at for a few years. Since my knee replacements and new hemophilia meds, I haven't needed anything.

Dont know ive ever been to the doctor unless there was something urgent that needed fixen.
I had one in my late 30’s. Mainl because I wanted a referral so I could get a colon cancer screening with my family history it made sense. Me being 38 years old and my dad getting diagnosed at late stage 3 in his mid 40’s I asked the doc for a referral. He said no need as colon cancer is not hereditary...

He was more worthless than nipples on a breast plate

Going to the doc is like going to Autozone. I dont think the person I am talking to really has the experience they should. I tell the doc what scripts I need updated, they hint around about things I should do at my age, I tell them I am not interested, a little more back and forth, finally get my new scripts for another year. Nothing fancy, asthma meds. Stuff that is otc in other countries.

Last 2 Drs. I’ve seen just sit there and read prompts from a list on the computer.

“Want an AIDS test?”

“Need any Meds?”

“Can I refer you to...”

Fuck ‘em.

Reactions: PAE
Huh. I thought everyone had a PCP. I was totally expecting to be called an idiot for not bothering. :laughing:

Nope.

Around here any half decent doc already has a full patient list and isn't taking more. That leaves a choice of either the ones that don't give a shit or the ones that can barely speak English.

Walk in clinic suffices for my CDL medical when needed.

I’ve made many attempts at having a PCP and have never found one that was worth a shit. My last attempt ran me into a kook crazy enough to keep me away from doctors unless it’s an urgent care type situation. I’ve found urgent care to be the better way to get most situations handled.

My PCP is retiring. He was alright I guess.

You exercise regularly?
No.

Still eating like shit?
Yes.

Still don't drink?
Nope. Don't drink.

Still a non-smoker?
Yep.

Need any pills?
Nope.

Ok. Sign here. See you next year.

That sums up my physicals. Total waste of time if you ask me. I have to pick a new one, and I have crazy cat ladies, an old hag, and three dudes that look like they shouldn't be within 75' of a school or Chuck E Cheese. I'm thinking just not deal with it.

Anyone else not bother?
Dude; YOU are in charge of that physical, not the doc.

Ask questions/volunteer health issues-concerns.

Most docs won't volunteer their time/info unless you speak up.

If you sound like you care about your health, they usually shift their attitude.

IIRC; you're under 45y.o., so you may have minimal/no health issues-concerns.

I worked in the medical field 25 years; the last 13 years right along side E.R. docs.

They're normal people just like us. In fact; IIRC, there was/used to be a doctor on the other site for awhile.

There are some docs who have no problem only spending 5min on patients who don't talk/ask questions.

While a few actually pick your brain/ask questions to get a better history/baseline of your health.

My doc is awesome

He doesn't like to be called Dr. Last name, he insists on calling him by his first name.

Hes at the office every day by 6am. If I call he will answer the phone himself and tell you to come in if he thinks you need it.

I'm very lucky

Mine is some Eastern European space cadet I was given after the Nurse Practitioner I was seeing left the practice.

I go in for my yearly bloodwork to make sure it's all in check as my father died young of a heart attack.

I have a mole I want a dermatologist to look at. I've asked twice now for a referral. "They'll call you". Nothing.

I also don't have a colon. I've tried to explain to her several times that I've gone through 3 surgeries for intestinal reconstruction and that I don't absorb nutrients like a normal person. She can't grasp it. This is from Ulcerative Colitis.

I need to dump the bitch.

Mine is some Eastern European space cadet I was given after the Nurse Practitioner I was seeing left the practice.

I go in for my yearly bloodwork to make sure it's all in check as my father died young of a heart attack.

I have a mole I want a dermatologist to look at. I've asked twice now for a referral. "They'll call you". Nothing.

I also don't have a colon. I've tried to explain to her several times that I've gone through 3 surgeries for intestinal reconstruction and that I don't absorb nutrients like a normal person. She can't grasp it. This is from Ulcerative Colitis.

I need to dump the bitch.
No shit. (bad pun, sorry)

My wife has UC.

No shit. (bad pun, sorry)

My wife has UC.
It's a shitty disease :flipoff2:

I lost the battle quick. Hopefully she's able to keep it in check. I'm going on 8 years without it. I had J-Pouch surgery if you guys ever have questions about it, feel free to PM me.

Technically yes, but I don't have a Dr at the moment. Had one briefly until he mysteriously died with no explanation at like 40 years old. Only saw him if it was fucked up bad enough to not make it into work. Haven't worried about it and liekly won't until I'm hurting again. point of reference, I'm under 30 :flipoff2:

I went to a new PCP and she spent a lot more time with things and went over a bunch of things. I’m telling myself it was because she was good and not because I’m getting more attention because I’m getting older.

I asked the old PCP what my blood pressure meds do and she said lower my blood pressure. No shit doc. This one went in to explain how it did some shit to my kidneys and that’s how it worked. That’s what I was looking for. Then she left and I’m on the hunt for another.

I have never really had one. but I rarely go to the doc. well last year a friend keeled over dead in his deer stand, that was my wake up call. so I did go in and get probed from both end. I usually get blood work done once a year at work. I have always come back as a healthy fat kid. but I'm 56 now and need another physical to make sure I'm still pretty good.

I got the VA and I guess I have a PCP. Last time I saw her (about a year ago) she asked me the same questions she just asked me 2 weeks prior on a visit. Then I knew she didn't know shit from shinola.

Had eye exam 2 weeks ago and the intern seemed caring enough. Guess he is not burnt out yet. But surprisingly even the ophthalmologist seemed interested in me keeping my vision.

Last year had cat scan and fucker made me drink the shit for scan with contrast. Right after I finished it he came in and said he read the paperwork wrong and that it was without contrast. I straight up told him that is how he is gonna get throat punched.

So 50/50 on the VA people giving a fuck and not just doing their time there.

My primary left about ten years ago. Never bothered with another since none of the docs stay here long. They all want to move up to the “real” hospital 35 miles away. The joys of small-town living I guess.

Dude; YOU are in charge of that physical, not the doc.

Ask questions/volunteer health issues-concerns.

Most docs won't volunteer their time/info unless you speak up.

If you sound like you care about your health, they usually shift their attitude.

IIRC; you're under 45y.o., so you may have minimal/no health issues-concerns.

I worked in the medical field 25 years; the last 13 years right along side E.R. docs.

They're normal people just like us. In fact; IIRC, there was/used to be a doctor on the other site for awhile.

There are some docs who have no problem only spending 5min on patients who don't talk/ask questions.

While a few actually pick your brain/ask questions to get a better history/baseline of your health.

As soon as a doctor doesnt try to itimidate me with their super important knowledge of things I am too much of a simpleton to understand, talks to me in a manner that reflects the fact I have a brain and not afraid to admit the medical industry is still figuring things out and isnt settled science, then I might have a different opinion.

What is interesting is I have just as many degrees as that doctor, in a technical field, and I have to help clients solve problems which I do by talking their language and not mine. Yet I go the doc and get treated as a simpleton. Shake my head and continue to not be surprised by the turnover at the place I currently go.

I had a great doc for awhile. Didnt rush through the appt, took any and all time you needed, down to earth guy. Independent D.O. Insurance bullcrap finally got the best of him and he went to a cafe style pay-to-play arrangement. That combined with having moved far enough away that it is super inconvenient to get there, I had to go looking elsewhere.

Our med system is devolving due to govt intrusion. Socialized medicine is going to suck. Bigly.

Ah, nothing says "You are getting old like having a Doc retire or die on you!" :flipoff2:I've had to replace two. My PCP is probably next as he is older than me.

I'm on a med that requires bloodwork. So I have to have a PCP to test and write them. So yes, but I hate being held hostage for it. Other than that I am pretty...knock on wood... healthy.

I don't go to the doctor unless I'm pretty sure something is broke or I might die otherwise. Last time I got seriously sick I called a friend who's a nurse practitioner and had her write me a script for a z-pack.

Last time I saw a doc before that was when I got taken to the ER after falling 15' off a deck (railing broke) and landing on my back. That was a waste of fucking time and money. Nearly $3k for an x-ray and 5 minutes in front of a doctor to tell me I just bruised the ever loving shit out of my back and would be fine. :shaking:

Then again, I've never had health insurance as an adult. Was never really available in construction and it's just blatantly unaffordable where I work now.

They're useless. Last time I went to one was when I got the Rona in January 2020. No one knew it was the Rona at the time. Went because I needed something stronger than OTC to stop the coughing. Havent been back since. Fuck em.

I had no idea there were this many people that felt the same way I do. :laughing:

Not really, technically yes as I'm required to do annual medical checks and a 5 year physical. But yeah unless I'm having an issue they are pretty quick.

Had some sinus issues though and they quickly spiraled into getting a biopsy on a enlarged thyroid. That doc was a retard, didn't know half of the names for the procedures and started everything well let's google that. :eek:
But he did miss my arteries while he was jabbing needles in my neck so have to give him that.

Not really, technically yes as I'm required to do annual medical checks and a 5 year physical. But yeah unless I'm having an issue they are pretty quick.

Had some sinus issues though and they quickly spiraled into getting a biopsy on a enlarged thyroid. That doc was a retard, didn't know half of the names for the procedures and started everything well let's google that. :eek:
But he did miss my arteries while he was jabbing needles in my neck so have to give him that.
Did he look like this guy?
https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/us/malachi-love-robinson-arrest

Haven't had one in a while. I don't need to go to a Doctor just to have them act like they've never heard of whatever I'm trying to describe to them. I'm 59 and not on any medication for anything. Wish me luck I guess.

Have to for insurance. Once a year health check. Sounds about the same. I usually piss off the nurse by not answering her stupid questions or answering them wrong.

Do you, smoke, drink, have guns. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. I use lube so no on the smoking. Love to drink 5 glasses of water a day and at least one coffee. And the guns are right here. Suns out guns out. Points to huge arm. :lmao: Nurse gives up and tries to break my arm with the blood pressure cuff. :laughing: BP is kinda high today. Standard answer: traffic sucks and I get road rage easily. They actually made me sit in the waiting room for an hour last years. BP was just fine.

They're useless. Last time I went to one was when I got the Rona in January 2020. No one knew it was the Rona at the time. Went because I needed something stronger than OTC to stop the coughing. Havent been back since. Fuck em.
Same exact situation here. Z Pack didn't touch it though. "we don't know what it is, but I don't think antibiotics are going to touch it". I had that cough for a month and a half.

I've only been back once for yearly blood work.

Top Back Refresh