What's new

Do you go to things your invited to?

. I’m tired of being the first person someone calls when their car is making a funny sound, and the last one called when they’re having a pool party.

And let’s not forget getting invited to parties, but with the “hey, since you’ll be here, bring your tools so you can fix that xxx we talked about the other day.”

I got rid of a lot of my “friends” and have a bunch of new rules in my life. Number 1 being; if this is a party where everyone is having fun, I’m not working on shit, plus you’ll be lucky if I even answer a car question. Odds are that leads to “let’s go look at it” then “let’s fix that real quick” :rolleyes:

And let’s not forget getting invited to parties, but with the “hey, since you’ll be here, bring your tools so you can fix that xxx we talked about the other day.”

I got rid of a lot of my “friends” and have a bunch of new rules in my life. Number 1 being; if this is a party where everyone is having fun, I’m not working on shit, plus you’ll be lucky if I even answer a car question. Odds are that leads to “let’s go look at it” then “let’s fix that real quick” :rolleyes:

I stopped carrying tools in my truck for this reason. I have a bad habit of going full blown Ron Swanson.

No shit. I went to a 4th bbq with a gf a few years ago, had to assemble the grill before we could start cooking because They knew she was bringing her “Tim the Toolman” bf :rolleyes:

I also stopped answering phone calls from people who only call every six months when they break something.

We have friends coming for the 4th, if they show, great. If they don't, I don't care. I'm still having a good time no matter what.

We don't have kids and tend to not hang out much with people that do but if I tell you we are coming then we're coming.

People like that are the reason the only people I do side work for now is my parents, I noticed a lot of people stopped being my buddy when I stopped being their personal car help hotline.

I stopped carrying tools in my truck for this reason. I have a bad habit of going full blown Ron Swanson.

No shit. I went to a 4th bbq with a gf a few years ago, had to assemble the grill before we could start cooking because They knew she was bringing her “Tim the Toolman” bf :rolleyes:

I also stopped answering phone calls from people who only call every six months when they break something.

Ugh. My ex-in-laws did the same thing. Wanted us there early so I could build the grill, then cook dinner on it. :rolleyes: My ex in-laws are the main reason for a lot of my rules.

yep the good ol
“hey, what’s going on?”
”nothing”
”how have you been?”
“fine, what do you want?“
“nothing.........well......

It depends. Some people invite shit loads of people just so they have huge parties to show off their house and ignore you when you are there. But will never go to anyone elses house party. My cousin is like this. But yes I will normally try to show up.

ok, so say they came, what changes?
you have a couple sitting in the corner talking to the only other 2 people they know. They know you and your wife, but you don’t have time to spend your whole party babysitting them. So how many minutes of interaction did you really miss?

If I have to RSVP, chances are I won’t go. Or I should say I won’t except the invitation. I have this whole fear of commitment thing.

if i say i’ll go, i’ll go.

This wasn't a "invite everyone" party, we invited family and 5 close friend couples, everyone knows everyone.

What would have changed was that my wife would have felt like her friends actually give a shit, and more than 1/10th of the food everyone bought would have gotten ate. :homer:

This wasn't a "invite everyone" party, we invited family and 5 close friend couples, everyone knows everyone.

What would have changed was that my wife would have felt like her friends actually give a shit, and more than 1/10th of the food everyone bought would have gotten ate. :homer:

It was a gradustion party?

if she expected more out of people, she wasn’t done with her education. It was a class more valuable than all the ones she just finished and the tuition was cheaper too.

i HATE watching my loved ones take this class, but we all gotta learn it.

you don’t have 5 pair of friends. I don’t think any adult does. If you have TWO friends you are luckier than most. The rest are just actors in your movie that keep the plot moving along.

Appreciate those who show up and enjoy the time.

Who'd you prefer to invite will reduce as time go by to whom you enjoy with.

Being invited to an event;

What a concept....:laughing: :frown:

right? 🤣

if i'm invited, i try pretty hard to make it. same kind of thing, if somebody is putting effort in i'll show up just to support them. I always feel like i'm inconveniencing people if i invite them over, true or not, it's easier to just not.

If I put out an invite; people will show. Taking care of 87y/o parents now; invites are far and inbetween. MOTHER is a fucking tool and hard to deal with! I wish she would spend a week in a nursing home so that she would see first hand what it is like. I need a break and my sisters are fucking useless! This shit is 24X7!

People like that are the reason the only people I do side work for now is my parents, I noticed a lot of people stopped being my buddy when I stopped being their personal car help hotline.

i turn down tons of side work. fuck, i don't hardly want to work on my own shit some days :laughing:

some projects are neat and the people are good so i'll gladly help out, but way too many people are very one sided on that stuff or it is obvious that 'real quick' is actually a 10 hour project :rasta:

It was a gradustion party?

if she expected more out of people, she wasn’t done with her education. It was a class more valuable than all the ones she just finished and the tuition was cheaper too.

i HATE watching my loved ones take this class, but we all gotta learn it.

you don’t have 5 pair of friends. I don’t think any adult does. If you have TWO friends you are luckier than most. The rest are just actors in your movie that keep the plot moving along.

You're an idiot

I can see why you don't have more than 2 friends :laughing:

Once you go through a major disaster that effects everyone you know, you'll know who your friends are.

If I say I'll be there; I'll be there unless something serious happens, but in that case you'd be notified ASAP.

I don't like 99.973% of the get togethers. I don't do parties. Very rarely do I agree to be there.

Now if you need help in the garage, you have beer, firing up the grill... you had me at beer. I'll sit around a bonfire with some beers after working all day and BBQ, but I'm not going to go to just sit there all day when I could be working on something.

I'd rather pull myself together and endure small talk and dumb shit than being the antisocial dumb ass that cancels in the last minute. Sometimes I say I have another social event later that I must attend, that way I (we) can skip after the first couple of speeches.

Top Back Refresh