What's new

Do you ever tell potential buyers no thanks?

Its nice to know I'm not alone in my semi-hoarding views on stuff. I forgot to mention my spare 4.0 Explorer engine I pulled out of a rusted out parts Explorer. I decided to sell it and all I got were borderline insulting offers for a complete running engine with only 89,000 miles on the odometer. Now I am thinking of rebuilding it with performance parts, then swapping it with my OEM engine. Either that or doing an complete engine swap with a GM L32 SIII Supercharged 3.8 when I move out of Kalifornia. First option would be easy, the other would be much more fun.
good running engines are a 200 bucks all day
they're gone quick and you can just stare at lowballers with a hateful glare and they always magically have the money

[486 said:
;n239408]
good running engines are a 200 bucks all day
they're gone quick and you can just stare at lowballers with a hateful glare and they always magically have the money

Not around here. A good running lower mileage 1994 4.0 out of a Explorer is $600-800.

People parting out vehicles on Facebook. Yea, Not paying $100 for a door when I can buy a whole truck for $500-600.

Yeah I gave up trying to find a second row seat for my Suburban. 2nd row was completely trashed when I bought it so I just tore it out and tossed it. Everyone wants like $200+ for trashed 20 year old seats.

I sell allot of lawn equipment all summer and whenever someone says "what is your best price"? my best fucking price is 10,000 fucking dollars so what the fuck is your offer..... I am not gonna devalue what I am selling right off the bat WTF....

The biggest problem I really have selling on facebook marketplace is people not understanding geography, no I am not driving 2 fucking hours to meet your for bullshit parts.... look at the ad, look at the zipcode.....

I sell allot of lawn equipment all summer and whenever someone says "what is your best price"? my best fucking price is 10,000 fucking dollars so what the fuck is your offer..... I am not gonna devalue what I am selling right off the bat WTF....

The biggest problem I really have selling on facebook marketplace is people not understanding geography, no I am not driving 2 fucking hours to meet your for bullshit parts.... look at the ad, look at the zipcode.....

Nobody wants to drive for anything anymore, everyone wants the seller to meet them a block from their house or deliver. Went through that selling a motorcycle a while back, bunch of people with no truck wanting a non-running bike either wanting to come buy it then store it here till they could find a friend with a truck, or wanting me to deliver it to them in hopes that they'd want it.

Nobody wants to drive for anything anymore, everyone wants the seller to meet them a block from their house or deliver. Went through that selling a motorcycle a while back, bunch of people with no truck wanting a non-running bike either wanting to come buy it then store it here till they could find a friend with a truck, or wanting me to deliver it to them in hopes that they'd want it.

Yes. I am used to it because I live so far out that I don't mind. I don't want people at my house so it works and I price accordingly. But I am amazed at the lack of preparation to deal with old stuff. Guy shows up to by some sleds from me. Too small of a trailer, ailing minivan. No light in the dark. He's like "I don't think I can get both on there..." I am thinking yes we are. Which we did. You aren't coming back to my house.

I think it matters what you are selling as much as anything. Selling Early Bronco parts, no problem. Decent people, cash easy.

Selling crusty Chevy Tahoe parts, prepare for the storm.....

Can you deliver that hood three states away for $20??? LOL

Yup. I had a guy try and low ball me by saying, well I live 4 hours away, and have to ship the item. It clearly said in the add I wasn’t willing to ship. Or, can you bring these over for me to look at, I might be interested. Nope.

Built my dad a 1948 Willys Jeep with that same logic. Drove over, and it wasn't worth what he was asking. Told him thanks, and left. Got a call back same day. Went back and got it for 1300 next afternoon. .... Finished building it and took dad for a couple spins, and a parade, couple things like that. Dad has never driven it. It'll be for sale in a year or so.

I got $1300 :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh