What's new

DIY Rotary Table Weld Positioner

AlxJ64

Rust is Paint
Member Number
Loc
Richmond / Cville - VA
Threw in a dumb bid on a rotary table listed out of town as a friend said they would grab it for me if I won... well I won. Haven't seen the thing in person but it was listed as a 20" Brown and Sharpe, however I could only find info on an 18" and a 26" that looked like it. Whatever it is, its a little damaged but it was very very cheap.

I'd like to turn it into a weld positioner and put it on a hing plate to where I can tip it up at an angle or 90 degrees and attach it to my acorn table when needed.

Anyone have any good suggestions on variable speed setups? My bead roller has what I think would work okay but just figured I'd reach out to the brain trust first.

Blurry pic from the auction listing. The 18" B&S literature I found says it would weigh almost 400 lbs but the seller told me that he has carried it before. Obviously something happened to it based on the chunks missing from the table itself and the apron is broken under the machine power feed . Not a big concern on my end given the price and my intended use. Its getting picked up this weekend so I'll know more once its in possession.

Screenshot_20240105_083137_Google.jpg

A windshield wiper motor and DC speed controller would probably work good as long as everything works smoothly.

I bought these for a similar project that I have not put together yet:

There are a bunch of worm drive motor options that might work better for you but I would not think you need much torque because of the gear reduction on the rotary table?

What is your plan for a ground?

A windshield wiper motor and DC speed controller would probably work good as long as everything works smoothly.

I bought these for a similar project that I have not put together yet:

There are a bunch of worm drive motor options that might work better for you but I would not think you need much torque because of the gear reduction on the rotary table?

What is your plan for a ground?
This is what I had looked into as well with the wiper motor…..didn’t get any further than that. Pivot section of the project should be easy. I think SWAG has a table you could copy

Oh, and not that this group knows anything about throwing in a dumb bid on something and actually winning it. At least you have things set up to get it home and such...

Watching....I have something very similar only I think it's a 30" and have the same plans for it.

Top Back Refresh