DIY Discovery Winch Bumper Build

GGRR 4555

Member Number
IMG_9700.jpg
IMG_9624.jpg
IMG_9638.PNG
IMG_9653.jpg
63781709168__317F61D7-1093-4FE8-B41A-C2713C013999.jpg
I made a thing. These are photos of the thing. I like the thing. Look at my thing. :grinpimp:

I imagine this style bumper would fit a rang rover too but IDK. I wanted to keep it high and tight. Winch is wired to the dash for controls too, so I could hit the relays and make it clean.

Nice work, I have been considering building a winch cradle for my Rangie, this gives me some thoughts.

My idea was to build a steel winch cradle similar to your second pic, then mount a simple aluminium bull bar to the front of it, the idea being to save some weight on my front axle.

Would you have been able to move the winch back any further if you cut the grill? Or would the trans cooler and condenser fans still be in the way?

what was the reasoning for the square tube pieces on the left right middle parts? since you seem to bend tube nicely.

i like it though!

what was the reasoning for the square tube pieces on the left right middle parts? since you seem to bend tube nicely.

i like it though!
Mostly because I get bored haha. Just wanted to build something with a variety of materials. Not a tube bumper, plate bumper, or rec bumper.

Top Back Refresh