What's new

Disposable Razors

Roc Doc

2A SNBI
Member Number
Loc
Way out West.
So I'm about ready to go to the old school double edged "safety" razor. I bought a bunch of twin blade budget razors fr,om Amazon and they stay reasonably sharp for 4 or 5 shaves and cheap as fuck, but if I skip a day then they clog up easily and I spend most of my time trying to get the stubble an dead skin out from between the blades. I found some BIC single blade razors that might do the trick, but every thing else had lube strips, 5 blades, pivoting heads, bluetooth, you name it. I don't need any of that shit, just a good blade that I can rinse out the stubble with ease...I know first world problems.

Any other options than the BIC razors?

I have one of the old school double edge razors and it works well simple wash and it’s clean. I like my occam single edge better though more expensive but cuts better and easier to clean. Get yourself a good soap and a brush to. Makes more of a difference in comfort than the razor does.

Best thing i ever did is put a shaving mirror in the shower..... buddy told me to try it ...and I've been doing it for years like that... I get no razor burn or ingrown hairs and my Gillette Mach 3 razors now last forever.. I don't know if it's a combination of the warm water and being able to clean it out better with the shower spray????

but seriously my razor blades last a long time.... I probably bought my last package of blades about a year ago from Sam's Club...and i still have 3 left

I have one of the old school double edge razors and it works well simple wash and it’s clean. I like my occam single edge better though more expensive but cuts better and easier to clean. Get yourself a good soap and a brush to. Makes more of a difference in comfort than the razor does.

I haven't used soap or shaving cream since I was a teen. I just shower, then while my face is still wet, I shave. No razor rash, no ingrown hairs.

Best thing i ever did is put a shaving mirror in the shower..... buddy told me to try it ...and I've been doing it for years like that... I get no razor burn or ingrown hairs and my Gillette Mach 3 razors now last forever.. I don't know if it's a combination of the warm water and being able to clean it out better with the shower spray????

but seriously my razor blades last a long time.... I probably bought my last package of blades about a year ago from Sam's Club...and i still have 3 left

Sometimes I'll shave in the shower, but I don't have a mirror in there so I have to touch it up at the sink afterwards. I am able to keep the schmutz out from between the blades better with the more forceful water stream from the showerhead. Maybe I'll get me one of them shits.

So I'm about ready to go to the old school double edged "safety" razor. I bought a bunch of twin blade budget razors fr,om Amazon and they stay reasonably sharp for 4 or 5 shaves and cheap as fuck, but if I skip a day then they clog up easily and I spend most of my time trying to get the stubble an dead skin out from between the blades. I found some BIC single blade razors that might do the trick, but every thing else had lube strips, 5 blades, pivoting heads, bluetooth, you name it. I don't need any of that shit, just a good blade that I can rinse out the stubble with ease...I know first world problems.

Any other options than the BIC razors?

As an infrequent shaver I just keep an old toothbrush around and clean out my twin blade razor with it as I am shaving. Works real good on the twin blade disposable bic's I've been using lately.

I have been very happy with the razor subscription I uses. I get blades every other month for like $5

Dollar Shave Club is who I get them from, they last me a couple of weeks each blade shaving like 3 times a week.

Very much recommend

Before I decided to stop shaving, I started using safety razors, stopped all of the irritation. I also started using some kind of shaving soap/butter a friend had given me. Shaving gels and creams did not work for me.

I hate shaving. After 10yrs with a Braun cordless electric, I switched to twin and triple blade razors. The triple worked well, but since the cost of twins is that much cheaper I use them. Yes, they clog.

Underneath my jawline, the beard grows left to right. So if I shave left to right I have to make another pass. But if I shave right to left they cut too deep sometimes. If I let it go too long down near my neck, it looks like a Nordic bearded clam on a windswept holiday.

Bic single blades do just fine for me.

That’s what I’ve been using for the last 12 years. I use them once and toss them. I shave in the shower and use the wife’s conditioner. To make your blades last longer dip them in olive oil when you open the package. They will rust and get dull if you don’t.

Braun electric. I use electric tools if they are available, ya know... after that I might do a wet pass. Mach3 is "ok" but fuck three blades it rips my skin.
Wilkinson ha​d a nice two blade setup.

Grow a beard like a man?

483.jpg

That’s what I’ve been using for the last 12 years. I use them once and toss them. I shave in the shower and use the wife’s conditioner. To make your blades last longer dip them in olive oil when you open the package. They will rust and get dull if you don’t.

This is a lot of work.

I have a sparse beard that only grows in the goatee pattern, plus a moustache. I use the cheap triple blade with the lubricating strips or whatever until they start cutting my face. I just rub the whiskers out between the blades with my thumb under the faucet. This has produced the least amount of input and irritation for me. I use $.99 barbasol foam, or my special lotion if I'm out. By special lotion I mean the bottle I keep next to the kleenex in that easy chair over in the corner, out of sightline of the window.

I use these things, Schick ST2. They got a little push button scraper to clear out between the blades, works alright as long as you don't go more than a couple of days, then the longer hairs jam up the scraper, for me they last longer than the conventional disposable twin blades. https://www.amazon.com/Schick-Dispo...unt-Packages/dp/B001ET73CO?tag=91812054244-20

Those look interesting, I'll pick up a package and give 'em a try. If someone made that design without the lube strip it would be exactly what I am looking for. Jesus fuck, there's a lot of razor options these days.

I have been very happy with the razor subscription I uses. I get blades every other month for like $5

Dollar Shave Club is who I get them from, they last me a couple of weeks each blade shaving like 3 times a week.

Very much recommend

Us too, I shave my face and bald head every other day and and happy with the razors they send. Best thing I did was get a shower head that blasts enough water to clean the razor out

Get an old school safety razor, blades are super cheap and they don't clog like a multi blade head.

I have a Feather and a Parker and use feather platinum blades.

Feather, Merkur, Edwin Jagger, Rockwell and others still make a safety razor.

Shave after shower, no soap, or any gel.
Lots of different skin and hair types so you may have to find what works for you.

Gillette sucks and their multiblade crap is way overpriced.

Top Back Refresh