Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Dirtbike phone mounts?

Squamch

Canadian
Member Number
Loc
republic of Vancouver island
I use my phone (Gaia app) to navigate the maze of logging roads, double, and single track. I'd like to be able to look down at the map and figure out where the hell we are without stopping, pulling my pack off, getting my phone out, etc.

I'd also like to not launch it when I have a rodeo.
Bike is a 23 300 xcw.
Any recommendations?

20230819_101044.jpg

Few of the guys run a bag, where your bar pad is. I talk alot if shit about them, but they do seem handy. Less likely to loose a phone in a cartwheel too

I have been thinking about getting one, just to keep tools in, and get them out of my pack.

20230615_200506.jpg

Ram mount and waterproof case. Hit holes hard enough to blow both fork seals and the phone never even jiggled.

This will not survive rodeo mode. I do that dirtbike necromancer thing where you hold your hands up in front of you while falling backwards and the bike does backflips until I lose my psychic hold on it, then it tumbles.

Thanks though!
Sounds more like an operator issue than a phone mount issue :flipoff2:

I really like the quad lock system, it works great for regular moto stuffs

I think the trick for hard enduro stuff and keeping your phone/gps alive is to keep it mounted REALLY LOW.

The ram mount stuff will let it “flex” out of the way also

I really like the quad lock system, it works great for regular moto stuffs

I think the trick for hard enduro stuff and keeping your phone/gps alive is to keep it mounted REALLY LOW.

The ram mount stuff will let it “flex” out of the way also

I'd still have a hard time putting a phone or anything fragile up there. I have broken or damaged about everything hooked to the handlebars at one time or another. Hell, even ripped the handlebars off the 300 once:homer:

Probly be fine for just ripping around on the backroads

I'd still have a hard time putting a phone or anything fragile up there. I have broken or damaged about everything hooked to the handlebars at one time or another. Hell, even ripped the handlebars off the 300 once:homer:

Probly be fine for just ripping around on the backroads
Check out how low they mount the gps on the King of the Motos bikes
(They also carry a spare in their pack)

…. Yea, your fawked 🤣

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh