What's new

Dining out during shutdown?

dave_dj1

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Jackson NY
What have you done? The wife and I have only done BK a couple of times and SubW for lunch, tonight is our anniversary and I just called a place we have been wanting to try for their dinner for two take out, Bacon wrapped Filet Minions, mushroom gravy , mashed and a veggie. Hopefully it's good.

If and I have went out to eat locally several times the past few week . Zero issues. Get right in and all workers wearing masks and keeping empty tables between patrons. I travel a lot for work and have eaten out several times but since I was out of town I did call to see if a reservation was needed. About half the times I did so glad that I called. Food was as good as it always wa . Take your lady out on the town and have a good meal. Steak and BJ day!!

we've been doing a bit of takeout from a couple places, mostly fast food on our essential travels though rather than smaller places we'd normally go to.

did sit down at applebees the other day, drove around for a while and they were the only place that wasn't absurdly packed that would allow indoor eating :homer: food was....as expected :rasta:

We have hit up our local mexian place maybe 4 or 5 times. Bounus they have margaritas to go!.

I went to one of the wife's favorites for her birthday. They had a limited menu and turned their billiards room into a take away window. That was pretty fucking good.

Aside from that, I have been a cooking fool. Recipes that take 2 days, all sorts of breads and fancy Italian stuff. Me and the kids make our own pasta I made some cheese ravioli that was the best I've ever had.

I'll grab a sub ever few weeks.

I can't remember the last time I actually sat down at a restaurant.

Been getting takeout a couple times a week from a local bar and grill that I play darts out of, trying to help keep them afloat. Also been getting more Papa Murphy's Pizza than I normally do. If I go for a sandwich or burger, I go to local mom & pop places. Better food than the chains.

Been doing plenty of cooking at home with a couple passes through Wendys/Sonic/Chic Fil A drive through over the last couple months.

More recently I had a local pizzeria deliver and they even delivered soup cups full of craft beer! Aside from that I've picked up take out from another asian place up the street, it was quick and convenient.

Haven't sat down in a restaurant in months but have been doing a little more takeout. A few local places have family meals by the day that you can't beat

takeout from the local non-chain restaurants a few times a week, and supper with my friends in the next down over where we always order from their favorite local restaurant to be delivered.

On my own, I generally don't eat out much, but I want to give them some business right now.

We have been doing take out, they are hoping to reopen onFriday, but they are having problems one cook has left and their wait staff doen't want to come off unemployment

Bought the family dinner from a buddies bar a couple times, had Chinese from my favorite place a time or 2 as well. I've been cooking way more than ever since this shit started though but I definitely look forward to being able to sit down at my favorite messican place again.

Restaurants around here opened last week. I've eaten at all three small business restaurants. Only half capacity is allowed but each time there was only one other party dining in. We've been doing a lot of grilling and cooking at home. The local bar is still closed but I don't go there anyways.

Well I was not disappointed! It may possibly have been the best cut of meat we have ever eaten! The owner seems like a nice guy and we (NY) just got the go ahead to start phase 2 reopening so hopefully in a week or two we can actually go there and eat. I too haven't had a sit down meal out in months.

About a month ago we got carside togo from Applebee's. The food was good, bit they won't give us or ask us if we wanted salt, ketsup, steak sauce, ect...

Last week, they started doing limited seating, so we went to the local Mexican restaurant.

Well I was not disappointed! It may possibly have been the best cut of meat we have ever eaten! The owner seems like a nice guy and we (NY) just got the go ahead to start phase 2 reopening so hopefully in a week or two we can actually go there and eat. I too haven't had a sit down meal out in months.

glad you had a good meal ! I am east of you I think esperance. We never really went out that much other than the brewery's . Have a few friends that have them and this whole corona thing has put the hurt on the small guys, but local to me the places that had good take out are really killing it for the volume of orders.

never really go out much under normal conditions but have grab take out a few times since this whole mess started out of convenience. Semi local wing place had been running a killer deal until things started opening back up. Good for them but kind of sucks cause wing night was a whole lot cheaper with the deal and my own beer.

We’ve been ordering carry out from locally owned places 2-3 times a week. Places are just opening up for dine in, we are going to wait a week or two to try that. Our theory is that their will be long waits the first couple weeks.

Top Back Refresh