What's new

Dieselmh Taco truck jalapeno sauce

BIG-O

Member Number
Anyone have the recipe saved from the other place?

Not what your looking for but.... My wife's old man used to take 2 pounds of jalapeños and boil until soft. Cut the stems off and throw them in a blender with a can of green chili enchilada sauce (hot Hatch brand) and add a table spoon of table salt, garlic powder and onion powder. To make it hotter I use a few serrano and/or habaneros. I put this stuff on everything that I cook on the smoker.

Not what your looking for but.... My wife's old man used to take 2 pounds of jalapeños and boil until soft. Cut the stems off and throw them in a blender with a can of green chili enchilada sauce (hot Hatch brand) and add a table spoon of table salt, garlic powder and onion powder. To make it hotter I use a few serrano and/or habaneros. I put this stuff on everything that I cook on the smoker.
That’s sounds good. My boss gave me a mason jar of hot sauce he had made out of shit from his garden. He used habanero and jalapeños. I used that whole jar in like 5 days because it was so damn good.

:laughing:
0AB55790-706C-465A-B4CD-DF9B30682BFE.jpeg

From diesel

Found it!
Medardo's green stuff:
1/2 lb jalapeños (about 6-8)
1/4 of a large yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup corn oil
1 tsp course salt

Simmer whole jalapeños and onion in water until tender but not mushy, then drain and remove stems.
Blend jalapeños, onion, raw garlic and oil until smooth, then blend in salt to taste.

The oil holds in air bubbles, which gives it the consistency, but it also means it goes bad relatively quickly. I usually keep it in the fridge and toss it after 4 or 5 days because the quality goes downhill.

Close to what I make.

1 onion, sliced 1" thick
1/2 knob garlic, peeled, wrap in foil, mostly so it doesn't fall through the grates
Put on Weber grill
Fill the rest of the grill space with jalapenos, or any pepper, stems cut off
Put everything in the blender once it has softened up and has some char
Add black pepper and salt to taste
50/50 vinegar/water to thin til it pours good
Blend the shit out of it

Top Back Refresh