Member Number
Loc
Tucson Az
Allis Chalmers 160 "one-sixty"

40hp 3cyl Perkins
12 forward 2 reverse speeds
PTO
3pt hitch
hydraulic provisions, has 2 control valves on console, plumbed with hard lines to back
power steering
diff lock
cutting brakes
can be narrowed front and rear, front with pinned axle, rear with spiral mounts in wheels

Starter built locally, new battery, new fuel pump

minor fuel leak on injector return lines, $10 fix I haven't gotten to yet

this had been parked for several years for a fuel leak, mostly the organisation that owned it wanted to write it off and buy a new mini John Deere

I got it running, fixed several fuel leaks, checked all functions and drove it around the yard, it seems like a solid tractor, and a lot of tractor for the money

comes with Ford brush hog, condition unknown:laughing:

fits on a car trailer, weights maybe 6k with brush hog

5k firm

photo48872.jpg

photo48873.jpg

This looks like a stout tractor!

What's maintenance like on an older tractor like this? Parts availability? Implement/loader compatibility?

I'm pretty much a tractor noob but I'll be in the market hopefully this summer.

This looks like a stout tractor!

What's maintenance like on an older tractor like this? Parts availability? Implement/loader compatibility?

I'm pretty much a tractor noob but I'll be in the market hopefully this summer.

Thanks, it's pretty sweet

Tractors use a lot of the same parts between brands, and are well supported.
I've bought a fuel lift pump, sediment bowl, injection pump seals and a radiator hose off of Amazon, tractor supply had some parts on the shelf, I matched the belts up at the parts store, the starter I'm pretty sure I found a match for a new China one on Amazon, but paid a little more to have this one rebuilt locally in 24 hours, the alternator is a gm unit.

As for a loader attachment, I imagine it's pretty straightforward, with used loaders running 500-2000, probably take some measuements before pulling the trigger.

This one already has hydraulics and power steering.

If I didn't already have the backhoe and a forklift, I'd put a bucket on this one, I had a very similar Case loader Gannon that was handy as a pocket on a shirt:grinpimp:

Rear implements are pretty standardized, I'm not well versed, but there's basically different classes of 3pt hitches based on tractor size, and you buy implements that are the same class, or close enough to make fit, then you've got pto implements, those are based on rpm range.

Thanks, it's pretty sweet

Tractors use a lot of the same parts between brands, and are well supported.
I've bought a fuel lift pump, sediment bowl, injection pump seals and a radiator hose off of Amazon, tractor supply had some parts on the shelf, I matched the belts up at the parts store, the starter I'm pretty sure I found a match for a new China one on Amazon, but paid a little more to have this one rebuilt locally in 24 hours, the alternator is a gm unit.

As for a loader attachment, I imagine it's pretty straightforward, with used loaders running 500-2000, probably take some measuements before pulling the trigger.

This one already has hydraulics and power steering.

If I didn't already have the backhoe and a forklift, I'd put a bucket on this one, I had a very similar Case loader Gannon that was handy as a pocket on a shirt:grinpimp:

Rear implements are pretty standardized, I'm not well versed, but there's basically different classes of 3pt hitches based on tractor size, and you buy implements that are the same class, or close enough to make fit, then you've got pto implements, those are based on rpm range.

Awesome, thanks for the input!

What I see most often around here is "go to local Kubota or Deere dealer and spend money" or "look for Kubota or Deere on craigslist and spend money"... But the reality of my budget will mean something older. Size is still TBD based on what property we end up with. But something like this is more likely what I'll end up with as long as I can keep it reliable with decently low operational cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh