What's new

Turbo Diesel mini bike

Tuning in. I've got a doodle bug roller that I need to re-power.. Bonus is have a nice jack shaft

Last edited:
PXL_20220205_190213953.MP.jpg
IMG_20220206_175142_620.jpg
IMG_20220206_175151_241.jpg

Just got home from a 24 hour minibike endurance race, 4 bikes and 4 of us. Got 2nd place. Diesel did surprisingly well, had no issues at all. Got a lot of looks and comments with how much it was smoking and how it sounded like it was knocking. It's top speed and torque was a bit slower but I'm going to mess with the gearing.

Here's a tear down video. Does it look like I could adjust the govornor for more power internally? I'm pretty sure the shims behind the pump are for timing. I'm pretty sure I'm going to thrown that turbo on it

We did mid 900s laps. First place did 1388. Second was 100 less.
First year that it wasn't down pouring and cold the entire time

Colman style minibike with a pullstart predator style engine and no transmission.
Or some sort of contraption/go cart
Easy lax tech. Nice!

What the diesel “predator style” give you over typical gassers in the 24 hours race? Longer run time between refuel/rider swap pit stops?

everything about this is amazing. Me and all my local dipshits have talked about a 24hr race. we got into Chinese pit bikes a couple years ago and had a blast. our next stupid endeavor is racing lawnmowers. none of it is sanctioned events though, we just get a bunch of beers and take hot laps around the property.

Does anyone know what thread the top of a small fire extinguisher is? I think that'll make a perfect oil tank for this, so I don't have to mess with the block

Actually, maybe I'll pull oil from the drain, and return it to the oil fill on the engine

I need to find a flange for the Intake/exhaust. They are both the same size, but different then the predators. They are identical to the opening of the predators carb. The air filter adapter fits perfect
PXL_20231124_174404804.MP.jpg
PXL_20231124_180542495.MP.jpg
PXL_20231124_180522966.MP.jpg

Drilled some holes in the governor weights to try and give me some more rpm.
The throttle rod hits the cam gear. I ground a decent amount of the rod to give me more fuel.
Now I just need to find a flange that will work, and start plumbing everything
PXL_20231124_201047112.MP.jpg
PXL_20231124_201056194.MP.jpg

So everyone of these boosted diesel on YouTube leak from every seal. I saw a comment mention a internal crankcase vent.
Sure enough, there is a hole in the valve cover that goes through the block into the intake.
I already had a hole in the valve cover for a external vent, because I just assumed it was made without a vent.. hopefully not boosting the crankcase helps with leaks.

It's a vz21
Edit. Or do you mean sizes of the bike?:homer:
That's about as small as turbos get. Let us know how it goes.

If the turbo is a bit sluggish then a small blower should get it up and moving. Twin-charged!:grinpimp:

Are you losing to teams with more riders, or are they just going faster than you every lap?

Are you losing to teams with more riders, or are they just going faster than you every lap?
They are definitely passing me on the diesel. But even with our faster gas bike, they are still have way faster bikes and definitely have no fear.
But mostly they competitively race these, and have a full support team.

Top Back Refresh