What's new

Deer burger meatballs

JNHEscher

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Dogwood, MO.
Think my wife found this online. She said she didn't have eggs, so used the crackers instead.

1 pound of deer burger, thawed
8 saltines, crushed
1 tsp. paprika
2 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
1 packet of either gravy mix or onion soup mix

Mix all, roll into balls, brown in skillet with butter or oil.

And they were tasty as fawk.

Think my wife found this online. She said she didn't have eggs, so used the crackers instead.

1 pound of deer burger, thawed
8 saltines, crushed
1 tsp. paprika
2 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
1 packet of either gravy mix or onion soup mix

Mix all, roll into balls, brown in skillet with butter or oil.

And they were tasty as fawk.
Mmmmmm! Must try!

Nice. :smokin:
we were cutting up my deer this evening. Won’t grind the meat until Feb, after hunting season and ready to make sausage. We always hold back some for burger meat and such.

Mmmmmm! Must try!
Well, I tried this last weekend with a few tweaks. WOW! Even my sammich maker who doesn't like anything 'deer' said good job!
I added <1lb of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage 'cause my venison tends to be pretty lean, and used onion soup mix. No regerts.
And I baked them in the oven @375 for about 25 minutes.
They were a hit while we watched the KC Chiefs eek out another win.
Thanks for the recipe!

Browning the ground like that in a cast iron skillet and adding spaghetti sauce is amazing.
The owner of the company I work for is Italian and he gave me his family’s recipe for Italian sausage, which we use as a “pan sausage” for spaghetti and such. We make it with deer meat (from his ranch) and it’s the bomb. :smokin: Oh. And we use spaghetti squash instead of noodles. You know. Healthy and all.:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Forgot about this… I called them Bambi burgers and my wife would even try it.

One night both the boys were home and I told her I’d make her a cow burger.

Well I lied but told both the boys that she was getting Venison. We’re chomping away and she says “this is the best burger I’ve EVER had.”

Bacon, avocado, Anaheim chiles roasted on charcoal and yes they were amazing. We sat in silence and she realized what had just happened. She ate the other half anyway but that was the last time.

Top Back Refresh