What's new

CO Dauntless 225 v6 T18 trans Dana 18 Teraflex low kit t case come test before buy $2000

tiptoptune

Member Number
Finally doing it. Swaping in a 4.3 injected auto into my cj2a and will be selling current drivetrain. Come drive it to see, hear and feel it before I disassemble. Hopefully will disassemble March 1, but you know how dreaming goes and it may be later. It is my current around town daily driver. Dauntless 225 ci v6 GM Hei, Motorcraft 2 bbl, rebuilt in 2018 has about 6,000 miles on it. bored 0.40 over, new pistons cams bearings etc. Heads had 3 angle cutter valve job, umbrella stem seals, spring height shimmed for proper seated height, seats were not upgraded to hardened seats. Machine work on block and heads done by Rocky Mountain Cylinder Heads and the guys knows what he is doing and is meticulous. Transmission is the T18 wide range with the low 6.xx first gear. Shifts well. Clutch is centerforce oem style in good condition, Transfercase is Dana 18 large opening with larger center shaft that is the Novak hardened shaft and has Teraflex 3.15:1 low gear kit, ½ inch thick oil pan rail for added case strength, original twin stick. Shifts very nice. I have had this set up for 20 years and it has worked very well. Motor lugs down to low rpm and hangs in there coming back to life just when you think it may stall. Going to automatic and fuel injected v6 cause I have it and I want to shift gears without lifting. Going to miss this amazing combo for how well it wheels. 3rd gear low range is crazy how it can lug to a stop and come right back in powering up and making the obstacle. Running 35s with 4.56 gears. Includes another set of heads that are the original heads from this block and that i was running for 17 years until i rebuilt it so i know not cracked, but will need guides and seats as they are worn. Also have a spare cranskshaft and rods original size, pushrods, and timing cover with pumps, balancer, pulleys etc. I had a second engine from another jeep i bought is why i have extras. May sell these separately after the running set up sells if buyer does not want. best to call or text. 970-485-9016 $2000 Summit County CO

I would like just the motor, but your to far away,

U are in CA no?
I’m interested in everything but the engine.
Maybe we can work out freight/package deal?
Pollock Pines, CA. ya I'm interested get your numbers together then let lets talk.

Last edited:
Mocha Mike - PM sent.
Others, pm me to get on list to seperate if others in front of ya not make it happen

Top Back Refresh