What's new

Dana 60 carrier measurement needed

91samurai

Member Number
Loc
NC
Working on rebuilding the Dana 60 rear axle in my Chevy quadrasteer

Can somebody with a regular Dana 60 take this same measurement and see if it’s the same?
6CDBF504-6FCA-475B-96F4-97B8ED99708F.jpeg

I’m getting 8 9/16 on this one

Working on rebuilding the Dana 60 rear axle in my Chevy quadrasteer

Can somebody with a regular Dana 60 take this same measurement and see if it’s the same?
6CDBF504-6FCA-475B-96F4-97B8ED99708F.jpeg

I’m getting 8 9/16 on this one
surprised nobody has chimed in yet. there is a factory 05+ SD60 carrier sitting in the garage at my place, I could get a measurement when I get home. not really sure if that would help you out or not though. :confused:

surprised nobody has chimed in yet. there is a factory 05+ SD60 carrier sitting in the garage at my place, I could get a measurement when I get home. not really sure if that would help you out or not though. :confused:
I went ahead and ordered a trac lok from ecgs. It’s a 1/4 in narrower but came with an extra set of shims to make up the difference

I measured one I have from an 05 sd60 I have and got the same measurment you did but my carrier bearings are removed. I believe all the 60 carriers are interchangeable with there respected series like 4.10 or 4.56, just the gears and spline count are different.

91samurai get me a part number off the carrier or diff. Been too long since I dug into these to say for sure what is/isn't interchangeable and what can be close enough.

The numbers on the carrier are 42969 on one side and 4159 on the other.

91samurai get me a part number off the carrier or diff. Been too long since I dug into these to say for sure what is/isn't interchangeable and what can be close enough.
The carrier part number is Dana 50798. nowhere has them in stock. I’m pretty sure this one will work with some shimming

Top Back Refresh