What's new

D80 companion flange conversion?

Jnull

Member Number
Has anyone converted their 2nd gen D80 from a strap style yoke to a factory Ford companion flange? I’m considering a 1 piece 5” aluminum driveshaft for my ppump 98.5 instead of rebuilding the factory 2 piece shaft.

From everything I’m seeing the seals, nuts and spline counts are all the same for Ford, chevy and dodge so I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be a direct bolt on.

I’m looking at a factory spicer piece but this is supposed to be identical.

when I worked at high angle driveline, I put a Dana 80 under the back of my first gen dodge and Jesse got me a flange and I redid the driveshaft to bolt to it. He can make you what you need too.

I can get the Ford flange I just wanna confirm it’s a direct bolt on. Few companies make em but a Ford part is by far the cheapest I’ve found.

I sent high angle and west coast diff emails. Maybe they can hook me up better then what I’m finding elsewhere.

Last edited:
Ordered a factory Ford flange made by spicer and a new seal and nut. When it gets here I can measure again for shaft length.

Got the factory yoke off today and test fit the companion flange. Fits perfect and I got the measurements I need for a driveshaft to be made.

For anyone finding this useful in the future here’s the factory Ford companion flange fit to my 98.5 ram 3500 Dana 80. I’m having Jesse at high angle driveline build me the driveshaft with a new 1480 slip yoke and 1480 joints, thanks 904_runner.

874-EB4-A7-62-A5-4359-A9-EF-AD9-A032-B27-DE.jpg

Top Back Refresh