What's new

Cybertruck: no thread here.

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
I want one of these bad boys.

bcrkTLb.jpg

I'm not a Musk fanboi or anything, and electric vehicles leave me flat.

But for some reason the Cybertruck interests me. They're claiming 500+ mile range, 14,000lb towing, and 3,500 lb payload.

I feel like they took a lot of the ideas from the Avalanche, which enjoys extremely high customer loyalty and love (and GM of course killed it).

MROqxNY.jpg

You don't need a generator, on-board air, and without self-driving it is listed at $69,000 for the tri-motor one.

The bed locks up, you can walk on the tonneau cover which rolls up creating a 'vault'. The inside is spacious, it has good approach and departure angles, and breakover is decent for a big pickup.

The body and doors are bulletproof to 'handgun bullets', I'm assuming 9mm, I wonder if 10mm or .40 or .44 Mag? No way .44 Mag I'd guess.

The glass is Tesla's patented armored glass.

For 14,000 lb towing, which is 3/4 ton Diesel territory, 3,500 lb payload, and 2.9 sec 0-60, I think $70k is a great deal.

For $78k you get self-driving mode as well, which should be greatly improved.

Like you could go hunting and if you got a deer, you could summon your Cybertruck to come and get you instead of dragging a deer carcass around.

I want this fucking thing pretty bad, I wonder if our divorce from the disgusting and evil Chinese will muck up the plans? I want a bulletproof, 2.9 0-60, 3/4 pickup truck that has on-board air and which can run all of my appliances for a long weekend.

It also has air suspension on all 4 corners, and squats down. The tailgate has a ramp in it, and they're even coming out with a quad for it.

This is all shit that the Big 3 should have done like 25 years ago, especially the squatting down.

I hope Musk fucks them up, modern Big 3 trucks have been stagnant for a while. Ford went aluminum and I feel that was a weaksauce move. I guess redneck fags want more gay gizmos and electronic screems for their brodozers.

I want an armored, stainless-steel, bulletproof truck with real convenience features that squats down for me.

I feel that Musk has totally eclipsed the Big 3 with this. They are lazy and deserve a beating. Not even Toyota could make real inroads to American pickups, and I hope another American pickup actually does, or gets them to do something. PIckups have been boring for about 10 years now.

Bf4CP6M.jpg

they are competing with people that buy honda ridgelines and bro-dozers. it isn't intended to replace people who actually use trucks for truck things. the people who don't care about the gizmos and shit, will still go buy a white F150 with vinyl floor to load 2 pallets of concrete in the back

they are competing with people that buy honda ridgelines and bro-dozers. it isn't intended to replace people who actually use trucks for truck things. the people who don't care about the gizmos and shit, will still go buy a white F150 with vinyl floor to load 2 pallets of concrete in the back

Un-optioned domestic pickups are an extreme rarity in non-fleet applications.

The vast majority of pickups are now occupying the space that Personal Luxury Cars like the Thunderbird used to occupy. Using your pickup on the weekend for a boat or camper is a personal luxury. These are daily-drivers with the XLT, Lariat, Harley Davidson, and King Ranch making up a huge, huge portion of private sales.

So I say that yes, these are aimed at the majority of pickup buyers who do not take the quite considerable time and trouble to option out floor mats and an infotainment system.

AFAIK you can't option out a carpeting AND have a locker on a Ford truck. Same thing with skid plates: If you get a skid plate, it auto-options the 101A equipment group: Geegaws and gizmos. You can't de-select it.

You can't say that's Ford, because GM and Dodge are the same way.

Pickups are now a luxury vehicle. Have been for oh I'd say 10 years, definitely the last 5.

As you know, you used to be able to option a straight-6, automatic, bench seat, no headliner, no a/c, no power windows/locks, no cruise Custom pickup. That's not even possible now. They don't even sell wind up windows afaik.

So, Mexicans? :flipoff2:

It sure is fugly. Not useful for me either.

The electricity isn't useful? Because the ramp and squatting are definitely useful. And if the ramp isn't, that means you tow something, so the adjustable ride height is.

Rams offer an adjustable air suspension on the rear for $1,500, but it doesn't squat way down afaik, it's just normal air ride.

The Tesla, you can give it looks like about an 8" lift. Land Rovers do that but it's 4" I think.

I'll argue strongly that pickups realized they were luxury vehicles when they introduced the true 4 door half ton and lighter vehicles in the mid 90's or so. I'm not in the least concerned that tesla will cut in to their sales, have at it.

of course, i'm old and grumpy :flipoff2: there is a chance it will bring back quality cheap trucks that don't have all that gizmo shit. slim though that chance may be.

The vast majority of pickups are now occupying the space that Personal Luxury Cars like the Thunderbird used to occupy. Using your pickup on the weekend for a boat or camper is a personal luxury. These are daily-drivers with the XLT, Lariat, Harley Davidson, and King Ranch making up a huge, huge portion of private sales.

So I say that yes, these are aimed at the majority of pickup buyers who do not take the quite considerable time and trouble to option out floor mats and an infotainment system.

AFAIK you can't option out a carpeting AND have a locker on a Ford truck. Same thing with skid plates: If you get a skid plate, it auto-options the 101A equipment group: Geegaws and gizmos. You can't de-select it.

Pickups are now a luxury vehicle. Have been for oh I'd say 10 years, definitely the last 5.

As you know, you used to be able to option a straight-6, automatic, bench seat, no headliner, no a/c, no power windows/locks, no cruise Custom pickup. That's not even possible now. They don't even sell wind up windows afaik.
You can buy a platinum with vinyl floors. :laughing:

You can buy a platinum with vinyl floors. :laughing:

True, but you can't get skid plates without 101A, a $2,280 option which includes SYNC, backup camera, automatic headlamps, auto wipers, pre-collision emergency braking, Curve Control, Ride Stability Control, SOS crash alert, TPMS, and then a bunch of other shit which might be useful to a workman like A/C and cruise.

In other words, you can't have a useful jobsite truck without all of those gizmos.

I think so too. It's like the tried to make the ugliest thing possible and still limit it's usefulness.

I think the Rivian is a better overall truck if you're looking for an electric vehicle.

In terms of fugly, the Rivian is far worse. Looks like they took a conventional pickup and tried to make it look like a Studebaker, but not in a good way.

DWuDGo9.jpg

That thing is hideous, and it has none of the cool features of the Cybertruck. If I want an electrick pickup, I would wait for Ford to release one in late 2021, or better yet get the hybrid net year.

The Cybertruck has all kinds of neat capabilities this thing doesn't have. Basically you're getting a pickup from people with no experience, no thanks. Tesla has years of making cars under their belt and their truck is different enough to warrant the move.

I have that truck, F350, vinyl floors, cloth seats, locker, not the electronics geegaw package, skidplates, transfer case shifter lever, manual hubs, etc. Might have changed since mine was built, but I do have it sitting in my driveway.

So do you want a base model truck or an electric gizmo? Having trouble understanding what you're getting at.
True, but you can't get skid plates without 101A, a $2,280 option which includes SYNC, backup camera, automatic headlamps, auto wipers, pre-collision emergency braking, Curve Control, Ride Stability Control, SOS crash alert, TPMS, and then a bunch of other shit which might be useful to a workman like A/C and cruise.

In other words, you can't have a useful jobsite truck without all of those gizmos.

Highlighted in green are things that are required on all new vehicles sold in the US IIRC. Highlighted in Blue are things that should just be standard anymore.
Auto headlights on the fords are just a different headlight switch with a sensor on the dash, the harness is in all but the non power xl models.

I want one of these bad boys.

bcrkTLb.jpg

I'm not a Musk fanboi or anything, and electric vehicles leave me flat.

But for some reason the Cybertruck interests me. They're claiming 500+ mile range, 14,000lb towing, and 3,500 lb payload.

I feel like they took a lot of the ideas from the Avalanche, which enjoys extremely high customer loyalty and love (and GM of course killed it).

MROqxNY.jpg

You don't need a generator, on-board air, and without self-driving it is listed at $69,000 for the tri-motor one.

The bed locks up, you can walk on the tonneau cover which rolls up creating a 'vault'. The inside is spacious, it has good approach and departure angles, and breakover is decent for a big pickup.

The body and doors are bulletproof to 'handgun bullets', I'm assuming 9mm, I wonder if 10mm or .40 or .44 Mag? No way .44 Mag I'd guess.

The glass is Tesla's patented armored glass.

For 14,000 lb towing, which is 3/4 ton Diesel territory, 3,500 lb payload, and 2.9 sec 0-60, I think $70k is a great deal.

For $78k you get self-driving mode as well, which should be greatly improved.

Like you could go hunting and if you got a deer, you could summon your Cybertruck to come and get you instead of dragging a deer carcass around.

I want this fucking thing pretty bad, I wonder if our divorce from the disgusting and evil Chinese will muck up the plans? I want a bulletproof, 2.9 0-60, 3/4 pickup truck that has on-board air and which can run all of my appliances for a long weekend.

Eww. That is fugly.

I will stick with real trucks.

photo12773.jpg

The reason I'm resigned to shitboxes and DIY, and will never own new.

The Tesla looks and sounds like a 12yo designed it. "Bulletproof doors"? Really? What adult would even put that on the list.

I was interested in the Bollinger for a minute, until all the "utilitarian" blather turned out to be BS. Glass roof, and $125K price tag, they're trolling Hummer's old fishing ground.

bollinger.jpg

I have that truck, F350, vinyl floors, cloth seats, locker, not the electronics geegaw package, skidplates, transfer case shifter lever, manual hubs, etc. Might have changed since mine was built, but I do have it sitting in my driveway.

Yeah I just checked it out. On the F150 you can't deselect the 101A with RSC, Curve Control, Backup Cam, SYNC, auto-braking collision avoidance, auto wipers, auto headlights, and some other BS gizmos. If you get the skid plate.

You can get vinyl mats though.

If you want the upgraded payload, it selects the 5.0 and some other stuff too.

You can get a very base base model F150 4x4 but it will have reduced payload and towing. Doesn't mean you CAN'T overload it, though.

I hope Musk fucks them up, modern Big 3 trucks have been stagnant for a while. Ford went aluminum and I feel that was a weaksauce move. I guess redneck fags want more gay gizmos and electronic screems for their brodozers.

Bf4CP6M.jpg

DUDE! You clearly missed the reveal of the NEW BETTER MORE AWESOMER 2021 F150 with the fold flat shifter. REVOLUTIONARY. The let's bang on a country road in your new F150 fold flat seats. OMG are you even paying attention here!

https://youtu.be/VkIIE1zZIAc

So do you want a base model truck or an electric gizmo? Having trouble understanding what you're getting at.

Highlighted in green are things that are required on all new vehicles sold in the US IIRC. Highlighted in Blue are things that should just be standard anymore.
Auto headlights on the fords are just a different headlight switch with a sensor on the dash, the harness is in all but the non power xl models.

Well, the whole thing started by people saying the Cybertruck is high-end, and my reply to Provience is that basically all full-sizes are now luxo-mobiles, and I am right.

This place I would expect people to option out specific low-end vehicles, and we still don't have a lot of people chiming in. That's because most people who own pickups here own some form of Brodozer. Or what would be considered a brodozer even 7 years ago.

You cannot a la carte option an F150 is the point, it's like Cable TV. To get the shit you want, you ahve to pay for a whole bunch of shit you don't. There's no way around that.

Sounds like you are talking out of your ass again. The Power Wagon package is still available on a Ram 2500 Tradesman CrewCab, with a vinyl floor covering.

Well, the whole thing started by people saying the Cybertruck is high-end, and my reply to Provience is that basically all full-sizes are now luxo-mobiles, and I am right.

This place I would expect people to option out specific low-end vehicles, and we still don't have a lot of people chiming in. That's because most people who own pickups here own some form of Brodozer. Or what would be considered a brodozer even 7 years ago.

You cannot a la carte option an F150 is the point, it's like Cable TV. To get the shit you want, you ahve to pay for a whole bunch of shit you don't. There's no way around that.

What truck and options do you currently own since you are projecting on us?

The reason I'm resigned to shitboxes and DIY, and will never own new.

The Tesla looks and sounds like a 12yo designed it. "Bulletproof doors"? Really? What adult would even put that on the list.

I was interested in the Bollinger for a minute, until all the "utilitarian" blather turned out to be BS. Glass roof, and $125K price tag, they're trolling Hummer's old fishing ground.

Really? At this point, you don't understand why being bulletproof is now applicable? Apparently you live in a hole.

Musk is from South Africa, a place where a flame-shooting sidepipes to deter carjackers was marketed.

And after the riots recently, I don't see how it's not applicable. And what's wrong with having body panels that are hard to dent? I am a fat out of shape 50 year old man, and I can literally total any Brodozer with my bare hands. Ruin every single body panel and trash the windows. I would have to use my multitool or a rock for the windows, but I could ruin every body panel on an F450 literally with my bare hands. AFAIK that's a claimable Total on insurance.

With a 500 mi range, this thing is now useful. That's been my argument against EVs for the whole time, stupid low range.

$78,000 for 3/4-ton capability. The same options and capability on a Ford would run $90,000+

DUDE! You clearly missed the reveal of the NEW BETTER MORE AWESOMER 2021 F150 with the fold flat shifter. REVOLUTIONARY. The let's bang on a country road in your new F150 fold flat seats. OMG are you even paying attention here!

https://youtu.be/VkIIE1zZIAc

Yeah exactly, that thing is this weird hybrid thing where the transmission mounted generator is apparently not a full on generator? But it is 7.2 kW with 220v/30A through the batteries.

The fold-flat shifter is something that belongs on a GMC imo. Kind of troubling. Is it shift by wire now in all trucks.

Sounds like you are talking out of your ass again. The Power Wagon package is still available on a Ram 2500 Tradesman CrewCab, with a vinyl floor covering.

I don't give a shit if I have the selling points of an Italian truck right. I'm not an Italian truck salesman.

Dodge sells brodozers, that's their market. And now that the Cybertruck is coming, Dodge sells slow and weak brodozers.

Last edited:
The electricity isn't useful? Because the ramp and squatting are definitely useful. And if the ramp isn't, that means you tow something, so the adjustable ride height is.

Rams offer an adjustable air suspension on the rear for $1,500, but it doesn't squat way down afaik, it's just normal air ride.

The Tesla, you can give it looks like about an 8" lift. Land Rovers do that but it's 4" I think.

My RAM lowered all the way.

It gets pretty low. Handy for
IMG_20190628_184156331.jpg
loading the bed and hooking up trailers.

have ya'll been seeing those photo-shopped pictures of what happens when a Chicano gets a hold of this truck, and puts low rider rims and tires on it, etc.??

if I win the lotto.. I'm gonna actually do it.. really.. I have put thought into it..

Top Back Refresh