What's new

Cuttermaster mill sharpener?

Wisconsinite

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Milwaukee, WI
I got this in a package deal with the mill. Any other uses than just sharpening end mills?

pek25u6Yi6fx2s4x3jsnEPULA=w1560-h878-no?authuser=0.jpg

It looks to be near new, and I don't really have the room/ need for it. I think I may try to sell it locally, unless there are other uses that I don't know about.

It will sharpen drills to. For the minimal amount of space it takes up you should just set it up in a corner of your shop. End mills and large drills are expensive enough that it will pay for itself several times over in the first dozen uses. Also it enables you to more confidently buy lots of clapped out used tooling knowing that whichever cutter you want to use you can sharpen it if it's not sharp.

I didn't see where you can do drill bits?
You should be able to adjust it somehow to get the geometry. It's pretty rare for a big expensive tool grinder to be a one trick pony like that sing sharpening a drill is only a few degrees different from sharpening the comparable face on an end mill.

Well, thats rare then. Ive never seen em do more than sharpen a em

That's a $3400 machine, BTW.

Looks like there's a jig needed for drills. $415 - Large Drill Grinding Attachment CM-06B

Probably worth if if you end up with a lot of larger drills. (it'll do up to 3"). Though it doesn't look like it'd be too hard to fab up that jig.

Also, fuck you for that deal you got! :flipoff2:

It's a good deal for the right person. Might wan to join some of the machinist tool facebook groups and list it. I'm sure you'd get that for it there.

I have this little guy sitting in a corner waiting to be torn down and restored.
1627955963996.png

I am pretty excited. Now I don't have to store it. I would like to get a little more out of it (who wouldn't). One of you should help me out and go outbid the current high bidder. :lmao:

I am pretty excited. Now I don't have to store it. I would like to get a little more out of it (who wouldn't). One of you should help me out and go outbid the current high bidder. :lmao:

I'd be glad to but then you'll end up with a brick because I'd get in a bidding war and ride it to the bitter end.

Just take the 2K :lmao:

Top Back Refresh