What's new

Custom Seat Sliders

desertPOS

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Need to make or buy some seat sliders, one of which ideally will move enough to allow entry into the back of the rig. There are some mounts I remember seeing on Pirate that I haven't been able to dig up. One was a sliding tube mount that I want to say was made by JR, then ripped off by Poly Performance a while back. Doesn't look like they're selling them anymore, and I haven't been able to find that thread.

Second was one I searched for and saw just a few weeks ago - and of course now I can't find it. Should have saved pics. Was a real robust, sliding tube type of design also. These from kartek seem like the best that I've found, but not sure they'll work for me https://www.kartek.com/parts/chassi...iders-with-17-one-inch-adjustment-points.html

I don't think there's been a good recent thread on this, so I decided to start a new one - especially if it brings up JR's design. I may try and mount belts to the slider as well, just looking for some inspiration before I start trying to come up with a plan:beer:

Might want to post screen shots from the "other" place here if you want more responses. Alot of us are not willing to go there and some are perma banned.

Might want to post screen shots from the "other" place here if you want more responses. Alot of us are not willing to go there and some are perma banned.

10-4 Attached are some pics I just dug up

photo16035.jpg

photo16036.jpg

I like the tube style slider you just posted.:smokin:

I used the CU sliders on a set of seats I installed in a customers LJ. While they were nice, they were pretty hard to slide once everything was bolted in place and tightened down.

My only other minor concern would be the shear strength of those pins in a heavy front or rear impact. Harness would probably prevent it from happening in a front impact crash but unless something is supporting the seat from moving backwards, besides those pins, in a rear impact i could see them possibly bending or shearing off all together.

Pin size wouldn't be that hard to upgrade - anyone know what I am referring to when I mention the old JR seat mounts? I feel like that was one factor of why he said he wasn't going to post on Pirate as much anymore- innovation being stolen... Dave Schlossberg and his cronies stole an idea they saw on Pirate and started selling it - I know they had it for a while. Not anymore though, so I have no reference points to look at...

Last edited:
Chassis Unlimited uad some really cool ones as well, but they are on on their website anymore :(

Pin size wouldn't be that hard to upgrade - anyone know what I am referring to when I mention the old JR seat mounts? I feel like that was one factor of why he said he wasn't going to post on Pirate as much anymore- innovation being stolen... Dave Schlossberg and his cronies stole an idea they saw on Pirate and started selling it - I know they had it for a while. Not anymore though, so I have no reference points to look at...

I think you are talking about the ones that Stinky fab used on the Savvy EMC LJ. I'll see if I can dig up some pics...

Here are the pics:
100_2166-r-jpg.634364.jpg

100_2167-r-jpg.634365.jpg

100_2173-r-jpg.634694.jpg

100_2174-r-jpg.634695.jpg

Here are the links to the original posts. It seems that these are modified Synergy sliders from Poly Performance in late 2011.

Post # 1

Post # 2

Last edited:
I've got the chassis unlimited/kartek sliders in one of my rigs. The idea was they'd make it easier to get to the back seat with the top on, and that didn't work out very well. The tolerances are so tight that you'll need to spend a good chunk of time shimming and adjusting the floor mounts and seat tabs to be able to slide it without a deadblow. I did some on the drivers seat and it's ok but not something I would want to be moving several times a day. I still don't have a back seat but once I do I'll probably try to loosen them up a little with the mill.

image_15863.jpg

I also have the CU sliders. Same story; difficult to slide once installed. Plus you loose 2" of headroom. Thinking about rolling my own. Will be checking this thread for ideas.

I had sliders on my seats for adjustment of different drivers dthen they were mounted on a frame that could unlatch using bear claw latches from a tube that ran between the b-pillars at the floor. So it flipped forward. It worked pretty well but was next to impossible to explain to someone getting in the back seat on the passenger side.

Unfortunately the only original fabrication I’ve ever done and I didn’t take any pictures.

Couple more examples I found - the image with the white bg is the slider that Poly Performance used to sell. Am I the only one that remembers JR(?) coming up with the design, showing it on Pirate, then controversy when Poly P started selling it? I could definitely be remembering that wrong...

Anyway, I'll come up with something for this and will try to remember to update here after I do - probably be a few weeks though before I even start that. Just thinking ahead and waiting for seats to show up.

The Kartek sliders that I posted in the first post and that have been shown a few times seem good, but not sure if their too tall vertically. Good to know they've got such tight tolerances though...

IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

Since you're using it to get into the back seat as well as adjust the seat you might want to look into making it hinged in the front. I don't know if it would actually give you more room but it would be worth looking at. The main reason I went with the CU sliders is they can slide their full length. I don't know if those poly ones will move enough with a fixed back seat without making them stupid long.

all of the 2dr suvs that allow access to the rear have a folding seat to increase accessibility. without that, i dont think you will be able to squeeze by.

as for the ones that dallas made, no way id want the seat bottom that close to tube.

Top Back Refresh