What's new

Current state of PCC's

Clastic

Member Number
Looking a the new S&W PCC they dropped (The keltec sort looking thing)

Before I pull the trigger on one, is there any other I'm overlooking? I know Ruger has their version that does take Glock mags but that thing is hard to look at. Kel Tec can't build their fast enough, and until high point gets a true double stack magazine they aren't even on the table.

I have thought about buying a dagger lower and putting a mechtech upper on it but I'm unsure if it's worth the hassle.

I cant stand the look of the folding mechanism on the S&W.

What don't you like about the looks of the Ruger?

11796_1_.jpg

I’d go Ruger over that ugly pile of shit Smith and Wesson is releasing.

Do you have a budget? Do you like the folding feature or need folding/takedown? Needs to take glock mags?

Assuming based on the OP you're only interested in Glock mag options?

I still think the CX4 looks cool. If you already have a 92 or variant, seems like it'd be worth at least looking at.

Henry's new Homesteader is on my short list, it'll do Glock, Sig, or their own mags.
Henry-Homesteader.png

I stuck a FTM side charging upper on a Glock mag well Aero lower recently. Technically a pistol, but they have PCC options.

20220725202147-54f84367-me.jpg

Cz scorpion? There's all kinds of 9mm ar varieties
Again, how much do you want to spend?
Are you in a non free state?

The magpul stock makes the ruger less ugly. To me, the ruger seems heavier than it should be. But it seems reliable and accurate.

I stuck a FTM side charging upper on a Glock mag well Aero lower recently. Technically a pistol, but they have PCC options.

20220725202147-54f84367-me.jpg

Nice. Foxtrot Mike makes nice stuff. I had the 7 inch upper like you but swapped the barrel out for a 10 inch.

Attachments

• 1F13C3BD-B1AA-4EAF-A8A1-F851E544D8ED.jpeg
    1F13C3BD-B1AA-4EAF-A8A1-F851E544D8ED.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 11
Nice. Foxtrot Mike makes nice stuff. I had the 7 inch upper like you but swapped the barrel out for a 10 inch.
I guess Foxtrot is one word isn't it? FTM isn't a correct abbreviation.

I'm pretty confident I'm going to do the charging handle upgrade, that's pretty much the only thing I don't like about it.

I have a CMMG Resolute in 9mm, and it shoots anything I put in it. Stupid accurate out to 200. Will be using it in a 5 day PCC class at Gunsite next month. Radial Delayed Blowback operation.

0924221532.jpg

Last edited:
I guess Foxtrot is one word isn't it? FTM isn't a correct abbreviation.

I'm pretty confident I'm going to do the charging handle upgrade, that's pretty much the only thing I don't like about it.
I’m not a fan of the charging handle but it works. With the can on it and 165 grain subs the charging handle is the last thing on my mind.

I cant stand the look of the folding mechanism on the S&W.

What don't you like about the looks of the Ruger?
Purely asthetic. If they we going to design it from the ground up to accept Glock mags, why not let it flow with the gun?

Do you have a budget? Do you like the folding feature or need folding/takedown? Needs to take glock mags?

sub $1k is. Don't care about features. Just want it to run and not be picky on ammo

<$300 PSA 9mm upper, whatever $40 lower, whatever a LPK is, $70 no name mag block

It go pew

Hmmm... Think it would run decent?

Assuming based on the OP you're only interested in Glock mag options?

I still think the CX4 looks cool. If you already have a 92 or variant, seems like it'd be worth at least looking at.

Henry's new Homesteader is on my short list, it'll do Glock, Sig, or their own mags.
Henry-Homesteader.png

That's a nice looking firearm. Didn't even know henry debuted that.
Cz scorpion? There's all kinds of 9mm ar varieties
Again, how much do you want to spend?
Are you in a non free state?

I'm not against an AR type but years ago I knew there were certain ones to avoid. Stopped paying attention and trying to catch back up and weigh 9mm AR to clean sheet. I'm in KY so no restrictions

Cz scorpion is sub 1k, very reliable. No worrying about parts compatibility like with the ar based pccs. Mags are cheap and everywhere. Can modify it extensively if you like.
Trigger isn't the greatest out of the box, but can be tuned, changed out.
Henry homesteader looks fun.

Cz scorpion is sub 1k, very reliable. No worrying about parts compatibility like with the ar based pccs. Mags are cheap and everywhere. Can modify it extensively if you like.
Trigger isn't the greatest out of the box, but can be tuned, changed out.
Henry homesteader looks fun.
Same with the AKV - trigger isn't too bad, CZ is on the list to pickup.

Henry makes all their own guns?

I have a CMMG Resolute in 9mm, and it shoots anything I put in it. Stupid accurate out to 200. Will be using it in a 5 day PCC class at Gunsite next month. Radial Delayed Blowback operation.

0924221532.jpg
Well this bitch failed me. I put the 1-10x LVPO on it, (the ACOG went on the New Frontier side charger), zero'd it for 50 yds and put a few boxes through it. It ran fine for most of the first day at Gunsite, but then I started getting type two MFG's, so I was a tap-roll-racking MF'r for the last couple hours. Cleaned the shit out of it including complete disassembly of the BCG, compressed air into the trigger well, etc., (BTW, at Gunsite they have two dedicated cleaning benches fully stocked with patches, solvents, brushes etc), but it still was giving me FTE's. I checked the ejector and it seemed to move freely, so I don't really know what was going on. I'll have to call CMMG, hopefully I don't have to send the whole fucking thing back, maybe they'll send me a new BCG and if that doesn't fix the problem then send the carbine back. Another dude in my class was also running a Resolute and his worked fine.

Ran the remaining 4 days with the New Frontier/ACOG.

Well this bitch failed me. I put the 1-10x LVPO on it, (the ACOG went on the New Frontier side charger), zero'd it for 50 yds and put a few boxes through it. It ran fine for most of the first day at Gunsite, but then I started getting type two MFG's, so I was a tap-roll-racking MF'r for the last couple hours. Cleaned the shit out of it including complete disassembly of the BCG, compressed air into the trigger well, etc., (BTW, at Gunsite they have two dedicated cleaning benches fully stocked with patches, solvents, brushes etc), but it still was giving me FTE's. I checked the ejector and it seemed to move freely, so I don't really know what was going on. I'll have to call CMMG, hopefully I don't have to send the whole fucking thing back, maybe they'll send me a new BCG and if that doesn't fix the problem then send the carbine back. Another dude in my class was also running a Resolute and his worked fine.

Ran the remaining 4 days with the New Frontier/ACOG.
Well CMMG sent me a new extractor, so I'll pop it in and see if that fixes the issue.

Fwiw, I watched the honest outlaw videos on that Henry. It was crazy unreliable. He even sent it back after the first video. 2nd video was just as bad. Seemed like the mag fit very loose and may have been causing issues.

Too bad because it could be decent otherwise.

The Henry has interchangeable mag wells? No wonder it’s a pile of shit. The interchangeable magazine well is asking for problems.

Top Back Refresh