What's new

Current new car/truck market.

I haul for a living with ~20 year old trucks, I dont experience these break downs you speak of. I'm glad $1000/month is worth $100/month in maintenance. Theres no way I spend $12k a year, or even half that, keeping them collectively on the road.

You can write off purchase price or miles, I write of miles. Paid for trucks paying for themselves again.

Say you wanted a fancy new truck, good for you. But trying to claim it's a genius financial decision is a misnomer.
So... If I had your experience I'd still be driving the 20 year old truck.

But I didn't, and 3 of those breakdowns either prevented me from going on vacation or happened on my vacation.
This isn't theory, it actually happened.

And my actual point to my comment and the reply to poster was that I didn't think I had the money, either extra or just room in the budget but I did and continue to make that same payment today, just a third of the same $987 goes into my savings account.

You might say my budget was poorly balanced you might be right.

So you depreciated 100% the first year. How does that help making payments for 180 months? Are you claiming the income when you sell them?

I want to know how to fuck the government. So far buying a new $60k+ truck doesn't make sense.
If you've got a trade in that worth a decent amount you only pay the difference in taxes. You're only saving the money in the taxes you already paid, but at least it feels like you're doing good. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh