What's new

Craigslist et al. And deposits

I plan on driving it for awhile getting it all dialed in. After I first got it running Friday afternoon and then got it running on it's own fuel system yesterday Its first fire up today was instant. That's with a points ignition that I haven't touched yet. So far so good.

I always change the fuel pump on something like this, the chance of the diaphragm getting brittle then leaking gas into the crankcase is too much risk IMO, I've bought one that way, then bought one non running, after fucking with timing and buying an import carb, it roached the bottom end on a test drive.

I don't fuck with old pumps any more:laughing:

I always change the fuel pump on something like this, the chance of the diaphragm getting brittle then leaking gas into the crankcase is too much risk IMO, I've bought one that way, then bought one non running, after fucking with timing and buying an import carb, it roached the bottom end on a test drive.

Good point, I think I'll order one up. It's about the most accessible fuel pump I've ever seen on a Chevy and I know the grease the rod trick real well.

I did exactly this, it's the reason my first early Bronco purchase with the great running 302 got a 351w 2 weeks after i bought it. :laughing: It had sat for X years, i got it running where it was parked and drove it home. A day or two later i crank it and it's got a horrendous rod knock. I drained 9 quarts of 0.10w0.30 out of the pan.

Top Back Refresh