What's new

CPAC and Hyatt Hotels

Mikel

Member Number
Loc
Conn
Hyatt Hotels got some heat for hosting CPAC (probably by half a dozen people blogging from their parents' basements). Yesterday Hyatt Hotels released a note saying that they welcome everyone. This surprised me, as large corporations fold like a wet noodle these days.

That was yesterday... Today Hyatt released another note, condemning the hateful symbology in CPAC. Apparently to some people, the stage resembled a nazi simbol. I am a WWII history buff and I have never seen this symbol. Someone should tell the fish-shaped cookie folks.

Click image for larger version Name:	image_50778.jpg Views:	5 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	329775

It is unsettling that activists on the left will hound those who hold different ideas until they are expelled out of society. What chain of hotels will host CPAC next year? What banks will want to do business with them? It is a scary world these people are creating. The worst part is that they are probably 1% of the population. My friends on the left would never do this... But many of them find ways to justify this kind of fascistic behavior.

Last edited:
Hyatt Hotels got some heat for hosting CPAC (probably by half a dozen people blogging from their parents' basements). Yesterday Hyatt Hotels released a note saying that they welcome everyone. This surprised me, as large corporations fold like a wet noodle these days.

That was yesterday... Today Hyatt released another note, condemning the hateful symbology in CPAC. Apparently to some people, the stage resembled a nazi simbol. I am a WWII history buff and I have never seen this symbol. Someone should tell the fish-shaped cookie folks.

filedata/fetch?id=329775&d=1614735340

It is unsettling that activists on the left will hound those who hold different ideas until they are expelled out of society. What chain of hotels will host CPAC next year? What banks will want to do business with them? It is a scary world these people are creating. The worst part is that they are probably 1% of the population. My friends on the left would never do this... But many of them find ways to justify this kind of fascistic behavior.

Witch hunters are going to hunt still waiting for someone to post about the banning of certain DR Seuss books

Witch hunters are going to hunt still waiting for someone to post about the banning of certain DR Seuss books

I was reading about this earlier today. I have a family member who retired from teaching. She said Dr. Seuss had some of the best books for getting kids into reading. I cant say I recall much of the books, but at a young age I'm guessing most of what they want to remove is just funny to kids.

the problem with Dr Seuss is those books promote eating green eggs.. thats unAmerican.. unConstitutional.. and goes against the spirit of the Bill of Rights...

I was reading about this earlier today. I have a family member who retired from teaching. She said Dr. Seuss had some of the best books for getting kids into reading. I cant say I recall much of the books, but at a young age I'm guessing most of what they want to remove is just funny to kids.

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish...
hand, hand, finger, thumb...

The Statement from Dr Seuss Enterprises I had never heard of these books

https://www.seussville.com/statement...s-enterprises/

Statement from Dr. Seuss Enterprises

March 2, 2021
DSE-logo.png

Today, on Dr. Seuss’s Birthday, Dr. Seuss Enterprises celebrates reading and also our mission of supporting all children and families with messages of hope, inspiration, inclusion, and friendship.

We are committed to action. To that end, Dr. Seuss Enterprises, working with a panel of experts, including educators, reviewed our catalog of titles and made the decision last year to cease publication and licensing of the following titles: And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, If I Ran the Zoo, McElligot’s Pool, On Beyond Zebra!, Scrambled Eggs Super!, and The Cat’s Quizzer. These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong.

Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’s catalog represents and supports all communities and families.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=a7d70216e342

ix Dr. Seuss Books Won’t Be Published Due To ‘Hurtful And Wrong’ Racist Images

Robert HartForbes Staff
Business

Six Dr. Seuss books will stop being published due to racist and insensitive imagery, the business managing the author’s legacy said in a statement, a decision that fits within a wider reckoning in the past year over the ongoing use of historic but insensitive material that has spanned movies to famous brand names.
960x0.jpg
Six Dr. Seuss books will no longer be published due to insensitive and racist imagery, the group ... [+]

FILMMAGICKEY FACTS

Dr. Seuss Enterprises, in a statement issued on the deceased author’s birthday, said the discontinued “books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong” and that stopping sales is part of its broader plan to “ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families.”

The organization said the decision had been made last year after significant discussion and deliberation, including consulting panels of experts and educators.

The discontinued titles are: “McElligot’s Pool,” “On Beyond Zebra!,” “Scrambled Eggs Super!,” “The Cat’s Quizzer,” “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street,” and “If I Ran the Zoo.”

Other criticized Seuss books, such as “The Cat in the Hat,” will still be published, but the organization said it is “committed to listening and learning and will continue to review our entire portfolio.”
KEY BACKGROUND

The decision to stop publishing several Seuss books—which have long been criticized for their racial undertones—fits within a broader movement reckoning with the continued use of racist and insensitive material in modern society, following the resurgence of the Black Lives Matter movement last year. In media and literature, this includes work like “Gone With The Wind,” which last year was temporarily removed from streaming service HBO Max and reinstated with a historical context disclaimer, and brand names like Mars Inc.’s Uncle Ben’s (now ‘Ben’s Original’), Eskimo Pie and Pepsico’s Aunt Jemima pancake mix (now the Pearl Milling Company) that have reassessed their packaging and branding to rely less on dated and racist tropes.
SURPRISING FACT

Even in death, Seuss’ (who was also known as Theodor Seuss Geisel) work enjoys enduring and lucrative popularity, with the author ranking second on Forbes’ highest-paid dead celebrity list of 2020 (after singer Michael Jackson). Book sales, alongside television and film deals, helped the deceased author rake in $33 million.
TANGENT

President Joe Biden neglected to mention Seuss in his Read Across America Day speech Tuesday, an event which deliberately takes place on the author’s birthday. Both of Biden’s two immediate predecessors had mentioned the author during their presidencies.

Damn there is a run on DR Seuss books now I was online shoping for a copy of "Maizie with a Daisy" for my 1 year old great niece with the same name, had it in my shopping cart and someone bought it before I could

Last edited:

yup, kids see the bright colors, strong lines, funny shapes and entertaining language. something that says it's okay to make mistakes and it doesn't need to make sense the first time through because language is all made up anyways.

but hey, we can keep the celebration on his birthday, we just need to not speak of him or remember what it is about.

again, the term "gaslighting" gets thrown around way too much lately, abused even, but heck, if this is trying to fade out your memory and tell you your crazy then i'm not sure what else is.

Apparently I lost most of my Dr. Seuss books damn I wanted to go read them.

The Statement from Dr Seuss Enterprises I had never heard of these books

Damn there is a run on DR Seuss books now I was online shoping for a copy of "Maizie with a Daisy" for my 1 year old great niece with the same name, had it in my shopping cart and someone bought it before I could

told my wife that "i saw it on mulberry street" is one of the few that will be totally out of print. pretty sure we have 2 copies so just need to take care of them, she went and looked...yep. 200,300, 1,000 $ for a single copy of it :laughing:

Amazon has changed its new smartphone app logo after critics said the earlier incarnation was a dead ringer for Adolf Hitler.

The e-commerce giant introduced the new icon in January to replace the symbol of a shopping cart with one featuring a brown box with a jagged piece of blue tape above the company’s iconic smile-shaped arrow.

But sharp-eyed users noticed the tape disturbingly recalled the Führer’s toothbrush mustache.

"It’s not just a ripped scotch tape, it’s a ripped scotch tape that has a similar shape and is right on top of a smiling mouth. Looks like a happy little cardboard Adolf to me," one person said on Twitter.

"Amazon’s new app logo be lookin like they’re the THIRD most downloaded in the ‘Reich’ section," another said, referring to the Nazi regime.

Users also took note of Amazon’s tweak, in which the blue tape was made to look folded over.

"lmao I completely missed that amazon quietly tweaked its new icon to make it look… less like hitler," one wrote.

"Unsurprisingly they did not send out a press release to announce the second redesign."

Amazon said it "is always exploring new ways to delight our customers.""We designed the new icon to spark anticipation, excitement, and joy when customers start their shopping journey on their phone, just as they do when they see our boxes on their door step," a company spokesperson told The Post in an email.

The change from the shopping cart image was Amazon’s first icon update in more than five years.

Amazon tweaks app icon after comparisons made to Hitler | Fox News

A nation truly gone insane. :shaking:

Last edited:
this is an obvious hijacking of a thread.. in my opinion... especially considering you have 558 posts on here.. you should know better

lol

at least conway's response wasnt way off..
cuz bigun brought up dr suess..

1) Topic is in same vein as OP.

2) OP was a repost anyway.

3) I do not care what thread police like you say.

Top Back Refresh