What's new

Covid19 2nd time?

You still could have had a mild case of it, never remembering any sniffles or anything at all?
Antibodies fade, Tcells last. Unless you spend $350 for a Tdetect, you can't rely on antibody tests.
The week of Christmas '19 I was sick as a dog, fever, chills, etc. but wrote it off as the good ol' flu bug. Nobody knew jack about Covid then...
My PA says "Nope, test was 100% negative, you didn't have it..." Good enough for me. :smokin:

I had it twice, i just smoked less weed and drank less whiskey for a week:flipoff2:

I had it twice, i just smoked less weed and drank less whiskey for a week:flipoff2:
Been almost 4 weeks since i have had it. A beer almost taste normal now. Its been just bland carbonation. Bourbon and tequila still have a good taste

I'm on day 7 right now. Not nearly as bad as the first time I had it but it still sucks.

The brain fog is ridiculous. I've been pretty out of it. Very weak I feel like I'm a old man can barely lift anything.

Screenshot_20230102_062620_Gallery.jpg

First two times (both in 21) were nothing burgers. Sore throat, cough, fever, etc. Lost smell and taste. Back at work in a week.

The third time damn near killed me. Critical PE events, intubated, coma, etc.

The fourth time? I felt a bit off, stayed home from work for a day, then felt my lungs going downhill in an eerily familiar way. Took a home test, positive. Upon the advice of my doctor, went to the ER for evaluation and got the oral treatment. The next day I thought I was going to die, but by nightfall, it was easing. I was fine the following day.

If you have risk factors, get the oral treatment. The shit works. Mine was something called Lagevrio (Molnupiravir).

Feb 20 probably had it, down a week, no side effects. Thanksgiving 21 had it not as bad but my taste and smell is still fucked up.

Fucking neighbors have caught it three times! I got it once. I really fear for the GF.; she never got it and got a new kidney. Her system is reallly fucked. :eek:
I had it a a year after my kidney transplant.
Was a bad one, lost the taste, smell, fever and cough.
Lasted week.
Had it again, 4 weeks ago.
Just a cold feeling.

Knock on wood still never had it officially. Though I still think I likely had it at the vet beginning when I got a wicked chest cold after a business trip to the Seattle area when they were the first hotspot. Tests weren't really available and when I had an antibody test months later it came back inconclusive. I'd either had COVID months earlier or another coronavirus based cold that was similar enough to produce antibodies that flagged on the test. I've taken tests when I've had other colds and they've all comeback negative. So I either haven't had it since or it was so mild that I didn't even bother to take a test.

I have had it 3 times. First 2 were mild. 3rd time I didn't have any symptoms and would never have know but I took a test because I was a close contact to someone who had it and my wife was going to visit her parents who are both high risk.

Fuck off with all this bullshit, it's a cold, or flu, or whatever. Stop giving the covaids preachers the time of day.
Nah, it matters to me when I have two 80+ year old grandparents still living that I want to keeping from getting it if I can. Not really concerned about it much at all for myself, wife, kid, etc. But grandma and grandpa? Yeah, it could be the death knell for them.

First time put me on my ass. 104 fever, body aches, worst headache I’ve ever had. 4 days of it. Then woke up 5th day feeling fine. That was November 21.

Second time, July 22. I only tested because the other 5 in my house felt like hell and tested positive. I tested positive, but that’s the only way I knew. Zero symptoms, zero issues. I did quarantine per work guidelines. Worked perfect, got a rental ready for a new tenant.

I think if as a society, we limited contact when we have a cold, etc, shit wouldn’t spread as bad. Influenza A just went through our whole neighborhood. 6-8 families went down for a couple days at least. Puking, pissing out the butt, fever, the whole shebang.

The family that “exposed” the others had a little Christmas party we couldn’t make it to. Three of the 6 in the host family had fevers but god forbid they cancel the party. The next 24-48 every family that was there went down.

Nah, it matters to me when I have two 80+ year old grandparents still living that I want to keeping from getting it if I can. Not really concerned about it much at all for myself, wife, kid, etc. But grandma and grandpa? Yeah, it could be the death knell for them.
Right, but that's colds, and flu's in general. You simply try not to expose them to any sicknesses. You thoughtfully did the same thing prior to the covaids conspiracy right?

Was sick 5 times from jan '20 til august 8th '22. The first 4 were mild and lasted only one or 2 days, but i did develop a lung issue during them as i was getting overly winded while working out. So i went to see my doc on aug 8th '22 to get my lungs looked at. He sent me for imaging that day as well. I caught the read deal at one of those offices. The first day i couldn't do shit, took me 2 hours to get the paste and figure out how to administer a dose. Brain fog kicked my ass to migraines instantly. The next 28 days i improved only slightly day by day and on the 29th i felt like my old self but my lungs were for sure worse. Haven't been about to do a hiit workout since but still try. The worst part of the deal for me was the brain fog. I never tested and chucked my facemask june of 20.

We are going into week four of what I believe to be our second bout. Neither of us tested. His cough was so bad the first 48hrs he was almost passing out. My nebulizer kept us out of the ER.

This cough is insane!!!!!! Both of us coughing so hard we vomit. Three solid weeks of vomit cough.

First bout I didn't have that bad of a cough, he however broke his tailbone while coughing so hard. I only had a fever for 3 days this time and the fatigue isn't as bad for me as the first time.

First time Aug 21

Last edited:
2nd time was 80% as much suck as the first time.

first go was jan '21
second go was just last week.

sore throat.
cold chills and sweats
headache for two days.

I never got it the first time...only got it the 2nd time so I can't speak on this matter:flipoff2:

We are going into week four of what I believe to be our second bout. Neither of us tested. His cough was so bad the first 48hrs he was almost passing out. My nebulizer kept us out of the ER.

This cough is insane!!!!!! Both of us coughing so hard we vomit. Three solid weeks of vomit cough.

First bout I didn't have that bad of a cough, he however broke his tailbone while coughing so hard. I only had a fever for 3 days this time and the fatigue isn't as bad for me as the first time.

First time Aug 21

Look into Ivermectin. Take lots of vitamin C, D and zinc.

First time Aug 21
this is what i have been like for the past few days. coughing till i get a watery mouth then throwing up. it would not be so bad if i lost some weight.

this is what i have been like for the past few days. coughing till i get a watery mouth then throwing up. it would not be so bad if i lost some weight.
Boyfriend is having a harder time with that than I am. Odd af!!!! lol. We have what I call the Party Buckets in every room because vomit happens fast with this cough.

Mucinex Max liquid has been helping along with ginger tea.

on my second go round right now. real bad aches for one day. feels like my lungs are "heavy", been going on for a week. my kids got sick right after Christmas. and it seems to be working its way around to everyone i know. never took a test and i have worked 10 hours a day since thanksgiving.
Thats the best description Ive heard yet. My lungs felt "heavy" forever. Like you just couldnt breathe deep. The fever, chills, and fatgue just suck.

Top Back Refresh