What's new

Covid test billing shenanigans

jimbo92

Member Number
Had a covid test 7/8/20. Paid upfront fee of $75 for test, got the swab, and went about my business. A few months later I get a refund check in the mail. "No charge for Covid Testing". Now over a year later I receive a bill for $135 from the same office/hospital. Apparently now the dust is settling, offices are going back and charging for the "doctors visit" since technically that isnt covered under whatever the .gov is paying for. Guess its a sweet way for them to double dip.

1627944595479.png

I'd call them and tell them you can only pay invoices from 12 months from the service date.
That's what your insurance does to make sure they bill on time, so screw em!
This^^^. One time over the phone. Then send the certified mail requesting they show they failed to bill on time and the charges are dismissed. But better phrased. Certified mail means you probably have already consulted a lawyer and they will most likely comply.
Figure out what the billing timeline in your state is first and then make it sound like you talked to a lawyer

Wow, that private healthcare is workin' out nicely for you guys eh?

Back before I went on Medicare, I had my workmans comp, and BCBS personal insurance. Almost every single time I went to the doctor for something related to my injury and paid for by the workmans comp, I would still get notification from BCBS that they were being billed too. Dozens of times the fuckers tried to double dip

I have caught our local hospital doing shady stuff like this

check them all

I have found bills to buildings that I have never set foot in

Call them, they usually 'opps' it pretty quick and 'we'll just drop that'
But when you chime in and bluntly tell them that if they want to scam my insurance, I want my cut
they didn't find that s funny

Seriously, Canadians can stfu.
Every post made by a snowback should be accompanied by a " Thanks America" considering they save eleventy-seventy gazillion $$$ on their defense because they are under our umbrella.
We could move right in and make them a state if we wanted.

Seriously, Canadians can stfu.
Every post made by a snowback should be accompanied by a " Thanks America" considering they save eleventy-seventy gazillion $$$ on their defense because they are under our umbrella.
We could move right in and make them a state if we wanted.
Snowback :laughing:

I like to think that most rural Canadians are normal and similar to rural Americans just with a different accent. But they have their fair share of dumbasses too

Just noticed you're Canadian. So much makes sense now.

I still find it funny why anyone who lives in another country cares so much about ours.
Only when it’s something they can brag about their country or complain about ours .

they never care or comment if it’s something positive about the US .

Just noticed you're Canadian. So much makes sense now.

I still find it funny why anyone who lives in another country cares so much about ours.
Because we are rock stars and they are always on their knees begging for our attention.
They seem to think if they rub elbows with us enough, that some of our super awesomeness will rub off on them.
They are like pathetic little groupies that we continue to ignore.

Then, when they realize they have no chance they pretend like they didn't want us anyway and try to act tough and mean so they can tell themselves "They just don't like me because I'm mean to them".

Chicken/egg mental exercise of why they have always been, and always will be, a loser in the shadow of our greatness.

got a call from the hospital friday actually.

turns out all my bills were paid in march......

like I said they were.
Nearly got sent to collections for bills paid within a week of receipt.

I played this reverse to get a free doctors visit. My daughter was sick with what appeared to be strep throat. I am on a high deductible plan ($3K) so I pay everything out of pocket. My insurance would cover the doctors visit at no cost to me if they tested for COVID. So I took her to the doctor and they did a strep test and I asked for a COVID test so the visit could be covered. They tested her for COVID and it was negative. All I paid out of pocket was $15 for the strep test. The COVID and visit was covered. Yay me, I got to save the $120 office visit due to their stupid COVID rules. Just a rare event of sticking it back to the overpriced insurance.

Protip:

Uninsured and undocumented covid testing is free. Dont tell them shit, I havent.

fill this out with your insurance info nope

I played this reverse to get a free doctors visit. My daughter was sick with what appeared to be strep throat. I am on a high deductible plan ($3K) so I pay everything out of pocket. My insurance would cover the doctors visit at no cost to me if they tested for COVID. So I took her to the doctor and they did a strep test and I asked for a COVID test so the visit could be covered. They tested her for COVID and it was negative. All I paid out of pocket was $15 for the strep test. The COVID and visit was covered. Yay me, I got to save the $120 office visit due to their stupid COVID rules. Just a rare event of sticking it back to the overpriced insurance.
You should take full advantage of that and rape them for all its worth

Weird. My test in Kern Co. CA was free and they gave me a $25 dollar debit gift card.

It pays to shop around

Top Back Refresh